|Author:||2046 & Interconnect IT, James R Whitehead, Robert O'Rourke (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.2|
|WordPress version tested:||3.6.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-09-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||4 212|
Click to start download
Small patch turned into a completely new plugin. The weather forecast is based on http://www.worldweatheronline.com/ API (JSON). The plugin is much more light then its ancestor. It has more features and most importantly it works!
Where do you get the weather forecast from?
- NEW – new WWO API !! You have to register for new API key !! http://developer.worldweatheronline.com/
- (the new API has does not counts with the countries .. if your city has name as city in other country, there is no chance how can I help you right now)
- Word “Today” in extended mode is renamed to “actual weather” which actually is what it says.
- NEW – from now you can define the country as well, it makes sense if there are 2 or more cities with the same name all over the world (not mandatory)
- NEW – if you there is a error from the server, either because you have added wrong pair of city and state or something, it tells you
- NEW – debug mode. If you are not sure what’s going on, this will output the raw data from WWO, so you know what’s behind it
- NEW – in some cases the name days where wrong, so I added a checkbox, that fixes that issue
- NEW – added localization *.po, *.mo files
- NEW aded day names
- This widget is based on ICIT weather widget. The ICIT Weather widget stopped to work because Google quit their API.
Small patch turned into a completely new plugin. The weather forecast is based on http://www.worldweatheronline.com/ API (JSON).
The plugin is much more light then the previous version but with more features. Now you can make your own weather images, put them in the appropriate folder and then choose your own right from the widget.