A GeoCoding Plugin that enables to tag Posts and Pages with GeoCoordinates.
|Author:||VCAT Consulting GmbH (Nico Danneberg, Daniel Dziamski, Robin Kramer, Melanie Sommer) (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.3.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||07-11-2013|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 336|
Click to start download
Using this plugin you can place posts and pages on a Google map. The Geo-Position will be determined from an address. The Google map can be embedded to a post or page with one of two shortcodes that accept parameters controlling the display properties of the map and the behaviour of the links. So, you can show in a very simple way where you gathered some information, took a photograph or where an event will happen.
- The current version uses an own SQL table to store and retrieve the Geo-Data.
- The global settings can be modified on an own dashboard page in the WordPress backend.
- The Plugin ships a backend widget for entering the data on a post or page which can even be edited on the Quick-Edit screen.
- There are two shortcodes (1) to embed a large map with all posts/pages as markers and (2) a mini-map with the current one as marker.
Planned Features: - Manage locations as a Custom Post Type to reuse several Geo-Data more than ones in a blog. - Put posts and pages an predefined routes. - Further features may be requested on the Plugin page.
This is a dashboard-view that show the global settings.
An additional panel to edit the Geo-Data can be found on posts and pages editing page.
Here you see a small map created with a shortcode. You can override the global settings within the shortcode.
This finally is the map using the shortcode for large maps.
- Fixing some PHP version incompatibility
- bug fix: replace short open tags
- current location can be directly read from the client (browser)
- location can be changed be drag-and-drop a pin on a mini-map beside the input form
- language support for English and German reviewed and cleaned
- minor bug-fixes, e.g. preplacing the deprecated screen_icon method
- bug fix: deleting location not possible, when special pin-color was chosen
- micro bug-fix: re-uploaded images
- coloured pin selection added (default values for posts/pages, overridden by shortcode option, rewritable for singlie posts/pages)
- bug-fix: multiple mini-maps are working now
- micro bug-fix
- some backend css bug-fixes due to WP 3.8
- new filter options for the big map
- optional dynamic center and zoom at the big map
- a separated core part of all VCAT EDULABS plugins
- some backend css bug-fixes
- Initial Realse on wordpress.org