Provides easy ways to place Project Wonderful ads on your site.
|Author:||Big Bagel (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.2|
|WordPress version tested:||3.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||21-07-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||5 293|
Click to start download
Provides three (widget, shortcode, and template tag) easy ways to add Project Wonderful ads to your WordPress site along with a simple management page to handle them.
This plugin was intentionally kept simple. Insert your Project Wonderful publisher ID/member number on the management page, click "Synchronize Ad Data", and watch as all your ad information is displayed. You can then use the added widget, shortcode, or template tag to display any of the ads connected to your PW account.
See the Other Notes page for the shortcode and template tag as well as usage notes.
New in version 3
Important: Before version 3.0.0 there was a very serious bug. The Project Wonderful asynchronous code was added to the footer in such a way that it could confuse the Project Wonderful robot in charge of checking ads. As a result, ads could have difficulty activating or be automatically deactivated. Do not use any version of this plugin prior to 3.0.0.
Simple PW Ads now includes a management page to keep track of your ads. Any ads added in versions prior to 3.0.0 will need to be checked/re-added once you input your publisher ID/member number.
Plugin Website: Simple PW Ads
- Testing with version WordPress 3.9.1
- Minor bug squashing; accidentally used “<?” instead of “<?php” in one spot.
- Tested with latest 3.3 beta.
- Added several sanity checks and more detailed error reporting.
- Switched to WordPress’ HTTP API to make fetching XML from Project Wonderful more robust.
- Fixed a logic error: In 3.0.0 deleting an ad box in Project Wonderful would make every subsequent ad number decrease by one. Now, ad numbers are immutable and, once associated with an ad, will never change.
- Now uses Project Wonderful’s xmlpublisherdata.php to retrieve all ad information with only a publisher ID/member number.
- Allows for the use of standard and advanced code in normal or asynchronous mode.
- General bug squashing.
- Fixes a major bug in the way the asynchronous Project Wonderful code was added to the footer which could prevent new ads from being activated and cause current ads to be deactivated. Do not use any version of Simple PW Ads prior to this one.
- Due to the previous bug, this version was developed and released extremely quickly. Please report any bugs.
- Added management page.
- Updated widget, shortcode, and template tag to use ads added through management page.
- Replaced any uses of
split()is now deprecated.
- Added internationalization support.
- Made the code nicer. Nothing else.
- Initial release