Automatic updating of the comment blacklist in WordPress with antispam keys from GitHub.
|Author:||pluginkollektiv (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.8|
|WordPress version tested:||5.7.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-11-2014|
|Total downloads:||12 620|
|Active installs:||2 000+|
Click to start download
Few users are familiar with the comment block list built into WordPress. Located in the WordPress admin area under “Settings”—“Discussion”, that block list for incoming comments accepts values (words) to identify spam by.
Additionally to plugins like Antispam Bee in order to fight spam successfully a curated comment block list is recommendable. You can either update the list manually, or utilize a very detailed global comment block list that gets updated on a regular basis.
Block List Updater has been developed to keep your comment block list in your WordPress installation up to speed with the curated global list on GitHub.
The plugin will check the global comment block list on GitHub multiple times a day. Whenever new anti-spam values have been added to the global list, Block List Updater will read the global list and update your WordPress database accordingly. While the check-up process will run several times a day, the plugin will only update the database when it detects an actual change of the global comment block list on GitHub.
- Community support via the support forums on wordpress.org
- We don’t handle support via e-mail, Twitter, GitHub issues etc.
- Active development of this plugin is handled on GitHub.
- Pull requests for documented bugs are highly appreciated.
- If you think you’ve found a bug (e.g. you’re experiencing unexpected behavior), please post at the support forums first.
- If you want to help us translate this plugin you can do so on WordPress Translate.
- Localize the plugin via Translate WordPress
- Add code style check and make code compatible with WP CS
- Rename plugin to Block List Updater
- WordPress 5.5/5.6 compatibility
- Updated description with more inclusive wording
- Implement automated deployment
- Update donation link
- WordPress 4.2 support
- Russian translation
- Plugin refactoring
- Moving to wordpress.org
- Blacklist Updater goes live