Automatically insert/display beer recipes by linking to a BeerXML document.
|Author:||Derek Springer (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.4|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||14-08-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||5 149|
Click to start download
BeerXML recipe displayed in the twenty eleven theme.
Inserting the shortcode into a post.
Insert Post Element option.
Insert Post Element details.
- Upload the files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Dashboard -> Settings -> BeerXML Shortcode and configure defaults.
- Updated XML mime type to avoid blocked XML uploads
- Added ‘mhop’ flag to display hops in metric after a request by Brülosopher 🙂
- Made Miscs section optional using misc=true|false option (defaults to on).
- Added Actuals row to Details table using actuals=true|false (defaults to on).
- Extended length of Document URL field in Shortcake UI.
- Fix for weights improperly swapping at exactly 1 lb/kg.
- Weight will display oz if < 1 lb or g if < 1 kg.
- Set mash schedule to default on.
- Updated ‘Tested up to’ to 4.4.
- Shortcake (Shortcode UI) integration. When Shortcake is installed you will now be able to insert recipes via the Add Media->Insert Post Element option. Additionally, the BeerXML shortcode will now render in the visual editor.
- Moved wp_set_object_terms for post to outside build_style function. Beer Style should now be set for the post even if you choose not to display beer style details.
- Custom taxonomy for the beer style. Creates an archive of all beers added for each style with link to the list of beers for each style. @ksolomon
- Added mash and fermentation details, defaulted to off. To include add mash=true or fermentation=true to shortcode or update the settings in the admin menu. @jksnetwork
- Added default for miscs that don’t have display_value.
- Updated uninstall.php to remove options (including multisite) upon uninstall.
- Updated XML retrieval to use wp_remote_get instead of file_get_contents, which caused some folks issues.
- Added settings link to plugins page.
- Added Beer Style details section.
- Added % to fermentables.
- Added XML parsing security update I picked up at WCSF.
- Escaped XML parsing.
- Added admin menu to set default values for shortcode.
- Tweaked markup and added Miscs, Notes, and Download section.
- Added new ‘download’ parameter to shortcode to allow readers to directly download BeerXML file.
- Added text/xml as acceptable mime type for BeerXML document self-hosting.
- First cut, allows basic display of details, fermentables, hops, and yeast information in U.S. or metric units.