To send newsletters. Features: collect subscribers on registration or with an ajax widget, mailing lists, cron batch sending, multilanguage.
|Author:||Alessandro Massasso (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.4|
|WordPress version tested:||5.4.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||30-09-2009|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||441 179|
|Active installs:||7 000+|
Click to start download
ALO EasyMail Newsletter is a plugin for WordPress that allows to write and send newsletters, and to gather and manage the subscribers. It supports internationalization and multilanguage.
Here you are a short screencast: How to create and send a newsletter
- write and send html/text newsletters, simple like writing posts: newsletter is a custom post type, using the standard WordPress GUI and API
- select the recipients to send to: registered users, subscribers, mailing lists
- batch sending using WP cron system: it sends a number of emails every 5 minutes, until all recipients have been included, SMTP ready (you can use a dedicated plugin to setup)
- collect subscribers: on registration form and with an ajax widget/page, there is no limit to the number of subscribers
- import/export subscribers: import from existing registered users or from a CSV file
- create and manage mailing lists: only admin can assign subscribers to them, or subscribers can freely choose them
- newsletter themes: using html/php files in plugin or theme folder
- newsletter placeholders: a lot of tags that in each message will be replaced with e.g. recipient name, latest posts…
- manage subscribers: search, delete, edit subscription to mailing lists
- manage capabilities: choose the roles that can send newsletter, manage subscribers and settings
- view sending report: how many subscribers have opened the newsletter and clicked on links inside it
- bounce management: you can check the bounced emails and keep your email list clean
- multilanguage: set all texts and options, you can write multilanguage newsletters – full integration with WPML, qTranslate-X, Polylang
- debug tool: rather than the recipients, you can send all emails of a newsletter to the author or you can have them recorded into a log file
Available in more than 20 languages.
You can add or update the translation in your language. To make the plugin package lighter you can find only the .MO files inside it.
You can visit translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/alo-easymail to look for the most updated language files (.MO and .PO files), you can contribute to translate the plugin in your language
Developers can easily add own code using plugin action and filter hooks.
Inside plugin package there is a mu-plugins folders that contains some useful samples, e.g.: “latest posts” placeholder, “multiple posts” placeholder, include attachments, add custom fields in subscription form.
You can move one or more of those files into wp-content/mu-plugins (if the directory doesn”t exist, simply create it) to activate them.
You can use them as starting point for your development. Other samples at: plugin developer page.
The plugin includes a dozen of ready-to-use newsletter themes. Of course, you can create your own themes and, if you like, you can share them with the plugin author and other users. You can send them to me or make pull requests in plugin repository.
On Github you can find a repository with latest plugin version: github.com/groucho75/alo-easymail