Easily enable enhancements and features that you usually do with multiple plugins.
|wpase.com (profile at wordpress.org)
|WordPress version required:
|WordPress version tested:
|Added to WordPress repository:
Click to start download
Admin and Site Enhancements (ASE) helps you to easily enhance various admin workflows and site aspects while replacing multiple plugins doing it.
Pro version with Lifetime Deal (LTD) is available at www.wpase.com.
Here’s a detailed walkthrough of ASE at v6.2.5 by Ferdy Korpershoek.
Here’s ASE as one of seven plugins Rino de Boer installs on every website.
Here’s a review at v6.8.2 by Faisal Ahmad.
Here’s a review at v6.7.0 by Serge-Jérôme Laverny in French.
Here’s a review at v6.6.0 by Krzysiek Wojteczko of PoznajWP in Polish.
Here’s a review at v6.4.0 by Comunidad Elemen Pros Tutoriales sobre Elementor in Spanish.
Here’s a review at v6.4.0 by Hiacynta Hess in German.
Here’s a review at v6.2.7 by A2A Dijital in Turkish.
Here’s a second look at ASE Pro at v6.2.6 by David McCan.
Here’s First Look at ASE Pro at v6.0.0 by David McCan.
Here’s a review of ASE Pro at v6.0.6 by Albert Tan.
On using ASE as part of your WordPress optimization toolkit.
Here’s a review at v6.0.7 by Michal Magneter in Polish.
Here’s a review at v5.7.1 by Buxbaum Barna in Hungarian.
Here’s a review at v5.7.0 by Tiziano Fogliata in Italian.
Here’s a review at v5.4.1 by Chiara Costa in Portuguese.
Here’s a review at v5.2.9 by Alexis FH of WP Made Simple.
Here’s a review at v5.1.0 by Paul Charlton of WPTuts.
Here’s a review at v5.0.2 by Imran Siddiq @websquadron.
Here’s a quick review at v5.0.1 by Nathan Wrigley @wpbuilds.
Here’s a walkthrough of the plugin at v4.8.2 by Nathan Ingram.
What Users Say
“Every single thing works as expected.” ~Nathan Wrigley @wpbuilds
“I’m replacing so many plugins with this!“ ~@instadesign
“This is the best plugin I’ve installed in 2023!???? It replaced several existing plugins and added some really useful extra functionality on top.” ~@steve1215
“So many useful features it blows my mind, as well as enabling me to ditch so many other plugins!“ ~@simonclay
“A must have plugin for most sites. So many useful features. along with a great developer who is open to suggestions.” ~@akgt
“This plugin is simply amazing. It easily replaces a dozen or more plugins I install on every website project. It is super lightweight, easy to use, and support has been wonderful and responsive. Highly recommended!” ~NetzzJD
“…it replaces many single purpose plugins which bloat up the site and the admin area.” ~@tageins
“Full of useful features, works without problems.” ~Krzysztof Płaneta
“Great plugin! Clear, useful, and a joy to use.” ~Todd
“One of those plugins that feels like it should be part of the [WordPress] core, lots of useful features without the bloat.” ~@mohobook
“It is great how many small things are all included in this one plugin. Definitely makes things feel a lot simpler.” ~@kenmundell
“This plugin is what I have been waiting for to see for years!“ ~@AlexGraphicD
“Great job! Saved me lots of time to add lots of plugins to get ready for my work. It’s a relief to have everything streamlined and ready to go.” ~Tao Sheng
“I’m already in love with this plugin… It will make my WP-life a lot easier.” ~@medieskolen
“I really love how this plugin incorporates so many small fixes or tweaks that are needed with WordPress – I can now get rid of many other plugins.” ~Dale Reardon
“This plugin allows you to install and maintain one plugin instead of a host of smaller ones. My tests were all successful and I was happy to simplify my maintenance with fewer plugins.” ~Vic Drover
“With this plugin, I can remove tons of plugins to reduce the possibility of plugin conflicts.” ~@chiehliniceday
“It’s worth 10 stars (or more). This plugin eliminates the need to install many other plugins and also makes functions.php smaller since I have to insert fewer code snippets.” ~Angelika Reisiger
“Excellent and very well-supported plugin; saves me a lot of work! Admin Site Enhancements has made my list of ‘must install’ plug-ins, since it makes so many other tasks much easier.” ~@grizdev
“I was super skeptical that this plugin could do so much without any problems, but I was wrong… 100% recommended!“ ~@scarlywebs
“Normally, I tend to steer clear of “all-in-one” plugins; however, I believe that the selection of tools incorporated into this plugin has been astutely deliberated, given that it nearly aligns entirely with the options I typically apply to each website.” ~@cvladan
“There are so many little wordpress tweaks that we all have to do which either requires a bunch of small plugins or added code snippets. This is a great step in consolidating them into a well organized spot, without polluting the admin screen with nags and menu items and other junk.” ~Todd
“ASE has been a game-changer for us… we were able to remove numerous duplicate plugins, reducing clutter and improving efficiency. ASE’s enhanced admin dashboard, improved site performance, and robust security features have truly transformed our website management… It’s a must-have plugin for anyone looking to optimize their WordPress site and streamline their workflow.” ~@tomhung
“I love the modular approach. And I love that the whole plugin – with all its potential functionality – is smaller in file-size than some of the plugins that it replaces, which do only one of these things. Thank you for the great work!” ~Dave
“Thank You for killing the dashboard SPAM!“ ~@happyfrank73
“Great compilation of settings and options. It had quickly become one of my essential plugins.” ~@unapersona
“Incredibly powerful and well organized. It’s a real accomplishment to put this many features into a plugin and still make it easy to navigate.” ~Nathan Ingram
“[This] is a Swiss Army Knife in terms of features that will keep your WordPress clean and optimal.” ~@samirhp
“Has noticeably improved performance on many of my sites.” ~@instadesign
“…everything is clear, fast, consistent and lightweight.” ~Peter
“Greatest plugin ever.” ~@angelaustr
- [Pro] Custom Content Types. Conveniently register and edit custom post types and custom taxonomies without writing a single line of code. Optionally enable the creation of custom field groups that integrates with Oxygen abd Bricks builder, with more page builder integration planned.
- Content Duplication. Enable one-click duplication of pages, posts and custom posts. The corresponding taxonomy terms and post meta will also be duplicated.
- Content Order. Enable custom ordering of various “hierarchical” content types or those supporting “page attributes”. Useful for displaying them in the desired order in wp-admin and on the frontend. ASE Pro enables toggling taxonomy terms and / or excerpt on the ordering page.
- [Pro] Terms Order. Enable custom ordering of terms from various “hierarchical” taxonomies. Useful for displaying them in the desired order in wp-admin and on the frontend.
- [Pro] Media Categories. Add categories for the media library and enable drag-and-drop categorization of media items. Categories can then be used to filter media items during media insertion into content.
- Media Replacement. Easily replace any type of media file with a new one while retaining the existing media ID, publish date and file name. So, no existing links will break. ASE Pro allows replacing media from the grid view of media library as well.
- Media Library Infinite Scrolling. Re-enable infinite scrolling in the grid view of the media library. Useful for scrolling through a large library.
- SVG Upload. Allow some or all user roles to upload SVG files, which will then be sanitized to keep things secure.
- [Pro] AVIF Upload. Enable uploading AVIF files in the Media Library.
- External Permalinks. Enable pages, posts and/or custom post types to have permalinks that point to external URLs. The rel=”noopener noreferrer nofollow” attribute will also be added for enhanced security and SEO benefits. Compatible with links added using Page Links To.
- Open All External Links in New Tab. Force all links to external sites to open in new browser tab via target=”_blank” attribute. The rel=”noopener noreferrer nofollow” attribute will also be added for enhanced security and SEO benefits.
- Allow Custom Navigation Menu Items to Open in New Tab. Allow custom navigation menu items to have links that open in new browser tab via target=”_blank” attribute. The rel=”noopener noreferrer nofollow” attribute will also be added for enhanced security and SEO benefits.
- Auto-Publish Posts with Missed Schedule. Trigger publishing of scheduled posts of all types marked with “missed schedule”, anytime the site is visited.
- Clean Up Admin Bar. Remove various elements from the admin bar. ASE Pro removal of admin bar items from other plugins.
- Remove WordPress logo/menu
- Remove customize menu/link
- Remove updates counter/link
- Remove comments counter/link
- Remove new content menu
- Remove ‘Howdy’ text
- Remove the Help tab and drawer
- Hide Admin Notices. Clean up admin pages by moving notices into a separate panel easily accessible via the admin bar. ASE Pro adds the option to also hide notices for non-admins.
- Disable Dashboard Widgets. Clean up and speed up the dashboard by completely disabling some or all widgets. Disabled widgets won’t load any assets nor show up under Screen Options.
- Hide Admin Bar. Hide admin bar on the frontend for all or some user roles. ASE Pro also allows hiding the admin bar on the backend for all or some user roles.
- Wider Admin Menu. Give the admin menu more room to better accommodate wider items.
- Admin Menu Editor / Organizer. Customize the order of the admin menu and optionally change menu item title or hide some items. ASE Pro enables always hiding menu items for some or all user roles and reorder submenu items.
- [Pro] Admin Columns Manager. Manage and organize columns in the admin listing for pages, posts and custom post types. Currently supports ASE, ACF and Meta Box custom fields.
- Enhance List Tables. Improve the usefulness of listing pages of various post types by adding / removing columns and elements.
- Show the featured image column: in the list tables for pages and post types that support featured images.
- Show the excerpt column: in the list tables for pages and post types that support excerpt.
- Show the ID as a column or in the action rows: in the list tables for pages, all post types, all taxonomies, media, users and comments.
- Show custom taxonomy dropdown filter(s): on the list tables of all post types for taxonomies that are hierarchical like post categories.
- Remove the comments column: in in the list tables for pages, post types that support comments, and also media/attachments.
- Remove the post tags column: in the list table for posts.
- Display Active Plugins First: Display active / activated plugins at the top of the Installed Plugins list.
Log In / Log Out
- Change Login URL. Make the login URL more memorable and secure by customizing it. ASE Pro adds compatibility with login process during WooCommerce checkout.
- Login ID Type. Restrict login ID to username or email address only.
- Site Identity on Login Page. Use the site icon and URL to replace the default WordPress logo with link to wordpress.org on the login page.
- Log In/Out Menu. Enable log in, log out and dynamic log in/out menu item for addition to any menu.
- Last Login Column. Log when users on the site last logged in and display the date and time in the users list table.
- Redirect After Login / Logout. Set custom redirect URL for all or some user roles after login / logout.
- [Pro] Code Snippets Manager. Conveniently add and manage CSS / SCSS, JS, HTML and PHP code snippets to modify your site’s content, design, behaviour and functionalities
- Custom Admin CSS. Add custom CSS on all admin pages for all user roles.
- Custom Frontend CSS. Add custom CSS on all frontend pages for all user roles.
- Insert <head>, <body> and <footer> Code. Easily insert <meta>, <link>, <script> and <style> tags, Google Analytics, Tag Manager, AdSense, Ads Conversion and Optimize code, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter pixels, etc.
- Custom Body Class. Add custom <body> class(es) on the singular view of some or all public post types. Compatible with classes already added using Custom Body Class plugin.
- Manage ads.txt and app-ads.txt. Easily edit and validate your ads.txt and app-ads.txt content.
- Manage robots.txt. Easily edit and validate your robots.txt content.
- Disable Gutenberg. Disable the Gutenberg block editor for some or all applicable post types. Optionally disable frontend block styles / CSS files for the selected post types.
- Disable Block-Based Widgets Settings Screen. Restores the classic widgets settings screen when using a classic (non-block) theme.
- Disable Comments. Disable comments for some or all public post types. When disabled, existing comments will also be hidden on the frontend.
- Disable REST API. Disable REST API access for non-authenticated users and remove URL traces from <head>, HTTP headers and WP RSD endpoint.
- Disable Feeds. Disable all RSS, Atom and RDF feeds. This includes feeds for posts, categories, tags, comments, authors and search. Also removes traces of feed URLs from <head>.
- Disable All Updates. Completely disable core, theme and plugin updates and auto-updates. Will also disable update checks, notices and emails.
- Disable Smaller Components. Prevent smaller components from running or loading. Make the site more secure, load slightly faster and be more optimized for crawling by search engines.
- Disable the generator <meta> tag in <head>, which discloses the WordPress version number. Older versions(s) might contain unpatched security loophole(s).
- Disable version number on static resource URLs referenced in <head>, which can disclose WordPress version number. Older versions(s) might contain unpatched security loophole(s).
- Disable the Windows Live Writer (WLW) manifest <link> tag in <head>. The WLW app was discontinued in 2017.
- Disable the Really Simple Discovery (RSD) <link> tag in <head>. It’s not needed if your site is not using pingback or remote (XML-RPC) client to manage posts.
- Disable the default WordPress shortlink <link> tag in <head>. Ignored by search engines and has minimal practical use case. Usually, a dedicated shortlink plugin or service is preferred that allows for nice names in the short links and tracking of clicks when sharing the link on social media.
- Disable loading of dashicons CSS and JS files on the front-end for public site visitors.
- Disable emoji support for pages, posts and custom post types on the admin and frontend. The support is primarily useful for older browsers that do not have native support for it. Most modern browsers across different OSes and devices now have native support for it.
- Disable jQuery Migrate script on the frontend, which should no longer be needed if your site uses modern theme and plugins.
- Limit Login Attempts. Prevent brute force attacks by limiting the number of failed login attempts allowed per IP address. ASE Pro adds IP whitelisting, which is also useful to unblock users.
- Obfuscate Author Slugs. Obfuscate publicly exposed author page URLs that shows the user slugs / usernames, e.g. sitename.com/author/username1/ into sitename.com/author/a6r5b8ytu9gp34bv/, and output 404 errors for the original URLs. Also obfuscates in /wp-json/wp/v2/users/ REST API endpoint.
- Email Address Obfuscator. Obfuscate email address to prevent spam bots from harvesting them, but make it readable like a regular email address for human visitors. ASE Pro enables shortcode option to output the email address as a mailto: link and also adds an option to auto-obfuscate email addresses found in post content.
- Disable XML-RPC. Protect your site from brute force, DOS and DDOS attacks via XML-RPC. Also disables trackbacks and pingbacks.
- Image Upload Control. Resize newly uploaded, large images to a smaller dimension and delete originally uploaded files. BMPs and non-transparent PNGs will be converted to JPGs and resized. ASE Pro enables conversion to WebP instead of JPG and allow you to set custom conversion quality.
- Revisions Control. Prevent bloating the database by limiting the number of revisions to keep for some or all post types supporting revisions.
- Heartbeat Control. Modify the interval of the WordPress heartbeat API or disable it on admin pages, post creation/edit screens and/or the frontend. This will help reduce CPU load on the server.
- Email Delivery. Set custom sender name and email. Optionally use external SMTP service to ensure notification and transactional emails from your site are being delivered to inboxes. Send a test email to check if configuration works as intended.
- [Pro] Local User Avatar. Enable usage of any image from WordPress Media Library as user avatars.
- Multiple User Roles. Enable assignment of multiple roles during user account creation and editing. This maybe useful for working with roles not defined in WordPress core, e.g. from e-commerce or LMS plugins.
- Image Sizes Panel. Display a panel showing and linking to all available sizes when viewing an image in the media library. Especially useful to quickly get the URL of a particular image size. ASE Pro adds a convenient button to copy the image URL on click.
- View Admin as Role. View admin pages and the site (logged-in) as one of the non-administrator user roles.
- Password Protection. Password-protect the entire site to hide the content from public view and search engine bots / crawlers. Logged-in administrators can still access the site as usual. ASE Pro adds IP whitelisting and bypassing via URL parameter.
- Maintenance Mode. Show a customizable maintenance page on the frontend while performing a brief maintenance to your site. Logged-in administrators can still view the site as usual. ASE Pro adds option to use an image or a solid color as the background of the maintenance page.
- Redirect 404 to Homepage. Perform 301 (permanent) redirect to the homepage for all 404 (not found) pages.
- Display System Summary. Show quick summary of the system the site is running on to admins, in the “At a Glance” dashboard widget. This includes the web server software, the PHP version, the database software and server IP address.
- Search Engines Visibility Status. Show admin bar status and admin notice when search engines are set to be discouraged from indexing the site.This is set through a “Search engine visibility” checkbox in Settings >> Reading.
Admin and Site Enhancements (ASE) will include more enhancements, tweaks and useful features in future versions. Please give feedback on must-have plugins or code snippets you enable on sites that you manage, and the functionalities will be considered for inclusion as well.
Pro version with Lifetime Deal (LTD) is available at www.wpase.com.
- A nice review would be great!
- Give feedback and help improve future versions.
- Help translate plugin description on this page into your language.
- Sponsor ASE Free with as little as USD 1, monthly or one-time.
Check These Out Too
- System Dashboard: Central dashboard to monitor various WordPress components, processes and data, including the server.
- Variable Inspector: Inspect PHP variables on a central dashboard in wp-admin for convenient debugging.
- WordPress Newsboard: The latest news, articles, podcasts and videos from 100+ WordPress-focused sources.