This plugin automatically shares posts to facebook and twitter with predefined
messages and grabs the facebook comments.
|Author:||Benjamin Paap (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.4.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-05-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||23 436|
Click to start download
About this Plugin
A wordpress plugin to automatically share posts via twitter and facebook with a CommentGrabber to grab all comments posted on a facebook post which is connected with a blog post. The Comment Grabber requires wp-cron to run as a real cronjob to work properly. See "Getting Started" under "Installation" to get more information.
I want to thank all my colleageus at Checkdomain who supported me to create this WordPress-Plugin
The CommentGrabber Settings Page
A sample comment grabbed from facebook
The WP-AutoSharePost Settings Page
This is the plugin changelog from the beginning with version 0.1.1
Would like to hear your thoughts about my plans developing this plugin further.
Feel free to contact me and discuss any features with me.
- PLANNED: Create a widget to show every facebook like for your shared post like
other twitter widgets do. Maybe a twitter widget too, so that you don’t
need to install another plugin.
- PLANNED: WordPress Comment Postback to Facebook. Users can request an access
token in their user profile, so that if they answer with a comment to
a post this comment is automatically posted to the shared facebook post.
- ADDED: An option to read more pages with the comment grabber.
- FIX: Login issue with facebook
- ADDED: Default messages for facebook and twitter. If auto sharing is enabled in
a wordpress post the plugin will look for default messages. If they are
set the post will be shared.
- ADDED: Support for different posting types on facebook.com. You can now choose
between ‘status’, ‘link’, ‘photo’. Currently unsure if ‘video’ will also
be supported in the near future.
- ADDED: Posting type can be set in options as default but can be changed in
every article you create.
- ADDED: Options to choose from different picture types and sizes to share.
- ADDED: Comments from shared photos will be grabbed as well.
- ADDED: Option to create a new album with every shared picture. Be carefull with
this option because I don’t know what facebook will do if you create many
albums. This is an option to prevent facebook cumulating your pictures.
- FIX: Icons in post will only show up, if post was really shared on this social
network. Before both icons were shown if the post was shared on any network.
- ADDED: German language files
- ADDED: Option to specify what type of message to share to facebook (link/status message)
- FIX: When a Blogpost is created and directly published no messages were shared
to social networks.
- Initial Release of this plugin