WooCommerce is a powerful, extendable eCommerce plugin that helps you sell anything. Beautifully.
|Author:||Automattic (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||5.6|
|WordPress version tested:||5.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||27-09-2011|
|Total downloads:||152 893 723|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
WooCommerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
Our core platform is free, flexible, and amplified by a global community. The freedom of open-source means you retain full ownership of your store’s content and data forever.
Whether you’re launching a business, taking brick-and-mortar retail online, or developing sites for clients, use WooCommerce for a store that powerfully blends content and commerce.
- Create beautiful, enticing storefronts with themes suited to your brand and industry.
- Customize pages in minutes using modular product blocks.
- Showcase physical and digital goods, product variations, custom configurations, instant downloads, and affiliate items. Bookings, memberships, subscriptions, and dynamic pricing rules are only an extension away.
- Rise to the top of search results by leveraging WordPress’ SEO advantage.
Built-in tools and popular integrations help you efficiently manage your business operations. Many services are free to add with a single click via the optional Setup Wizard.
- Choose how you want to get paid. Conveniently manage payments from the comfort of your store with WooCommerce Payments (U.S.-only). Securely accept cards, mobile wallets, bank transfers, and cash thanks to 100+ payment gateways – including Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
- Configure your shipping options. Print USPS labels right from your dashboard and even schedule a pickup with WooCommerce Shipping (U.S.-only). Connect with well-known carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and ShipStation – plus a wide variety of delivery, inventory, and fulfillment solutions for your locale.
- Simplify sales tax. Add WooCommerce Tax or similar integrated services to make automated calculations a reality.
Grow your business, add features, and monitor your store on the go
WooCommerce means business. Keep tabs on the performance metrics most important to you with WooCommerce Admin – a powerful, customizable central dashboard for your store.
Expand your audience across marketing and social channels with Google Ads, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Facebook integrations. You can always check out the in-dashboard Marketing Hub for fresh ideas and tips to help you succeed.
Enhance store functionality with hundreds of free and paid extensions from the official WooCommerce Marketplace. Our developers vet each new extension and regularly review existing inventory to maintain Marketplace quality standards. We are actively looking for products that help store builders create successful stores.
Manage your store from anywhere with the free WooCommerce mobile app (Android and iOS). Spoiler alert: Keep an ear out for the slightly addictive “cha-ching” notification sound each time you make a new sale!
Own and control your store data – forever
With WooCommerce, your data belongs to you. Always.
If you opt to share usage data with us, you can feel confident knowing that it’s anonymized and kept secure. Choose to opt-out at any time without impacting your store.
Unlike hosted eCommerce solutions, WooCommerce store data is future-proof; should you wish to migrate to a different platform, you’re free to export all your content and take your site wherever you choose. No restrictions.
Why developers choose (and love) WooCommerce
Developers can use WooCommerce to create, customize, and scale a store to meet a client’s exact specifications, making enhancements through extensions or custom solutions.
- Leverage hooks and filters to modify or create functionality.
- Integrate virtually any service using a robust REST API and webhooks.
- Design and build custom content blocks with React.
- Inspect and modify any aspect of the core plugin code.
- Speed up development with a lightning-fast CLI.
The core platform is tested rigorously and often, supported by a dedicated development team working across time zones. Comprehensive documentation is updated with each release, empowering you to build exactly the store required.
Be part of our growing international community
WooCommerce has a large, passionate community dedicated to helping merchants succeed, and it’s growing fast.
There are WooCommerce Meetups in locations around the world that you can attend for free and even get involved in running. These events are a great way to learn from others, share your expertise, and connect with like-minded folks.
WooCommerce also has a regular presence at WordCamps across the globe – we’d love to meet you.
Contribute and translate
WooCommerce is developed and supported by Automattic, the creators of WordPress.com and Jetpack. We also have hundreds of independent contributors, and there’s always room for more. Head to the WooCommerce GitHub Repository to find out how you can pitch in.
WooCommerce is translated into multiple languages, including Danish, Ukrainian, and Persian. Help localize WooCommerce even further by adding your locale – visit translate.wordpress.org.
If you get stuck, you can ask for help in the WooCommerce Support Forum by following these guidelines, reach out via the WooCommerce Community Slack, or post in the WooCommerce Community group on Facebook.
For assistance with paid extensions from the WooCommerce.com Marketplace: first, review our self-service troubleshooting guide. If the problem persists, kindly log a support ticket via our helpdesk. Our dedicated Happiness Engineers aim to respond within 24 hours.
Yes! WooCommerce will work with any theme but may require some additional styling. If you’re looking for a theme featuring deep WooCommerce integration, we recommend Storefront.
We have a detailed guide on How To Update WooCommerce.
Start by diagnosing the issue using our helpful troubleshooting guide.
If you noticed the error after updating a theme or plugin, there might be compatibility issues between it and WooCommerce. If the issue appeared after updating WooCommerce, there could be a conflict between WooCommerce and an outdated theme or plugin.
In both instances, we recommend running a conflict test using Health Check (which allows you to disable themes and plugins without affecting your visitors) or troubleshooting the issue using a staging site.
Report bugs on the WooCommerce GitHub repository. You can also notify us via our support forum – be sure to search the forums to confirm that the error has not already been reported.
Request new features and extensions and vote on existing suggestions on our official ideas board. Our Product teams regularly review requests and consider them valuable for product planning.
Extensive WooCommerce REST API Documentation is available on GitHub.
Check out Frequently Asked Questions for more.
- Enhancement – Product attributes lookup table synchronization when the table exists. #30041
- Enhancement – Add Refund and Returns Policy sample page. #30194
- Enhancement – Added support for Shipping Phone, in addition to Billing Phone in email templates and in the Order’s edit screen. #30097
- Tweak – Copy changes on WCS extension banner to include DHL Express. #30081
- Tweak – Remove Canada Post from WCS extensions banner. #30082
- Tweak – For 2021 theme, use theme font, and allow font-family customization. #30111
- Tweak – Allow the
api_restockparameter to be specified via the refunds API, so that it’s possible to refund without restocking refunded items. . #30179
- Tweak – Add option for checkout login reminder to the tracker. #30334
- Fix – Bulk export fix to overcome memory limitations. #29749
- Fix – Bulk export fix to overcome
file_put_contentsmissing LOCK in distributed filesystems. #29749
- Fix – Restored behavior that allows downloadable product to have permissions set in any order. #29901
- Fix – Script error in enhanced select re-ordering that prevented saving new order. #30108
- Fix – PHP 8 error when cropping image values are not numeric. #30165
- Fix – “Search product” block not displaying textbox in shop page. #30287
- Fix – Replace hardcoded frontend JS script versions with WC version to bust cached/staled JS scripts. #30301
- Fix – Variable product showing HTML content while granting access for downloadable product in orders. #30305
- Fix – Replaced wp.passwordStrength deprecated method. #30191
- Fix –
woocommerce_email_settingsfilter being triggered twice. #30404
- Dev – Apply
woocommerce_logout_default_redirect_urlfilter to logout for custom endpoint. #29967
- Dev – Added new
WooCommerce Admin – 2.5.0 & 2.5.1
- Add – Add a delete option to completed tasks #7300
- Add – Add unit tests around extended payment gateway controller #7133
- Add – Add payment gateway suggestion unit tests #7142
- Add – Add TableSummaryPlaceholder to support skeleton loading #7294
- Add – Feature toggle to disable Analytics UI #7168
- Add – Hook reference slotFill support #6833
- Add – Adding tests for PaymentGatewaySuggestions > List component #7201
- Add – Remote Inbox feature setting toggle #7298
- Dev – Add
woocommerce_admin_export_idfilter for customizing the export file name #7178
- Dev – Allow packages to be build independently, fix commonjs module builds. #7286
- Dev – Point the changelog linter to updated changelog entry location #7318
- Dev – Remove old payment gateway task components #7224
- Fix – Attribute filter bug with “any X” variations. #7046
- Fix – Currency display on Orders activity card on homescreen #7181
- Fix – Fix obsolete key property in gateway defaults #7229
- Fix – Fixing button state logic for remote payment gateways #7200
- Fix – Recommended gateway suggestions not displayed properly #7231
- Fix – Include onboarding settings on the analytic pages #7109
- Fix – Load Analytics API only when feature is turned on #7193
- Fix – Localize string for description #7219
- Fix – Filters. On update respect all other queries, not just persistedQueries #7155
- Fix – Use saved form values if available when switching tabs #7226
- Fix – Skip schedule customer data deletion on site deletion #7214
- Fix – WCPay not working in local payments task #7151
- Fix – Report export filtering bug. #7165
- Fix – Add padding on table header button #7213
- Fix – Use tab char for the CSV injection prevention. #7154
- Fix – Add height auto on autocomplete popover button #7225
- Fix – Make WooCommerce-admin full-screen minimum height 100vh important #7230
- Fix – Cache product/variation revenue query results. #7067
- Fix – Transient overlapping adjacent content. #7302
- Fix – Unused feature preloaded options #7299
- Fix – Fix missing translation strings for CES #7270
- Fix – Add missing translation strings in the business features section #7268
- Fix – Fix inbox note dismiss dropdown not closing on Safari #7278
- Fix – Fixed OBW Business details style #7353
- Fix – Fix links on the dismiss dropdown are not clickable #7342
- Fix – Fix undefined method error when setting up WC Tax #7344
- Fix – Invalidate task status when enabling a payment gateway #7330
- Fix – Redirect to homescreen after payment gateway setup #7332
- Fix – Create workable defaults for Reports that don’t have AdvancedFilters #7186
- Fix – Set default value for performanceIndicators variable #7343
- Fix – Add limit clause to coupons data store query #7399
- Fix – Fix analytics filter Gutenberg CSS conflict #7410
- Fix – Fix Gutenberg CardBody styles for task card #7411
- Fix – Fix orders panel not displaying any orders when analytics is disabled #7395
- Fix – Fix recommended card Gutenberg CSS conflict #7409
- Fix – Update tooltip styling to fix new Gutenberg updates. #7414
- Fix – Allow super admins all capabilities within WooCommerce Admin
- Fix – Fix analytics overview re-arrangement on initial load. #7475
- Fix – Fixes action button mis-alignment within card footer. #7412
- Fix – Fix up onboarding profiler not working when opted out of tracking
- Fix – Fix blank screen by setting a default value #7506
- Tweak – Remove performance indicators when Analytics Flag disabled #7234
- Tweak – Change event name when installing Google Listings and Ads. #7276
- Tweak – Removed unused feature flags #7233 and #7273
- Tweak – Render a spinner while woocommerce_setup_jetpack_opted_in is being loaded #7269
- Tweak – Repurpose disable wc-admin filter to remove optional features #7232
- Update – Add additional countries to WCPay for business features and payment task fallback #7436
- Update – Notes to use a date range. #7222
- Update – Remove facebook extension from onboarding extensions fallback list #7287
- Performance – Add lazy loading by checking panel open status #7379
WooCommerce Blocks – 5.4.1 & 5.5.1
- Enhancement – Add screen reader text to price ranges. #4367
- Enhancement – Allow HTML in All Products Block Product Titles. #4363
- Enhancement – Made script and style handles consistent. #4324
- Enhancement – Show loading state in the express payments area whilst payment is processing or the page is redirecting. #4228
- Fix – Ensure product grids display as intended in the editor. #4424
- Fix – Wrap components in the Cart and Checkout sidebar in a TotalsWrapper. This will ensure consistent spacing and borders are applied to items in the sidebar. #4415
- Fix – Remove
couponNamefilter and replace it with
- Fix – Fix filtering by product type on Store API. #4422
- Fix – Fix a warning shown when fees are included in the order. #4360
- Fix – Prevent PHP notice for variable products without enabled variations. #4317
- Tweak – Add documentation for the IntegrationInterface which extension developers can use to register scripts, styles, and data with WooCommerce Blocks. #4394
- Tweak – Allow products to be added by SKU in the Hand-Picked Products block. #4366
- Tweak – Add Slot in the Discounts section of the Checkout sidebar to allow third party extensions to render their own components there. #4310