WooCommerce is a powerful, extendable eCommerce plugin that helps you sell anything. Beautifully.
|Author:||Automattic (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.4|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||27-09-2011|
|Total downloads:||27 556 622|
|Active installs:||3 000 000+|
Click to start download
The slick WooCommerce settings panel.
WooCommerce products admin.
Product data panel.
WooCommerce sales reports.
A single product page.
A product archive (grid).
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater (PHP 5.6 or greater is recommended)
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater (MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended)
- Some payment gateways require fsockopen support (for IPN access)
- WooCommerce 2.5 requires WordPress 4.1+
- WooCommerce 2.6 requires WordPress 4.4+
Visit the WooCommerce server requirements documentation for a detailed list of server requirements.
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of WooCommerce, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “WooCommerce” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found our eCommerce plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”.
The manual installation method involves downloading our eCommerce plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favourite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
If on the off-chance you do encounter issues with the shop/category pages after an update you simply need to flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting ‘save’. That should return things to normal.
WooCommerce comes with some dummy data you can use to see how products look; either import dummy_data.xml via the WordPress importer or use our CSV Import Suite plugin to import dummy_data.csv and dummy_data_variations.csv.
Where can I find WooCommerce documentation and user guides?
For help setting up and configuring WooCommerce please refer to our user guide
For extending or theming WooCommerce, see our codex.
Where can I get support or talk to other users?
If you get stuck, you can ask for help in the WooCommerce Plugin Forum.
For help with premium extensions from WooThemes, use our helpdesk.
Will WooCommerce work with my theme?
Yes; WooCommerce will work with any theme, but may require some styling to make it match nicely. Please see our codex for help. If you’re looking for a theme with built in WooCommerce integration we recommend Storefront.
Where can I request new features, eCommerce themes and extensions?
You can vote on and request new features and extensions in our WooIdeas board
Where can I report bugs or contribute to the project?
Bugs can be reported either in our support forum or preferably on the WooCommerce GitHub repository.
Where can I find the REST API documentation?
You can find the documentation of our REST API on the WooCommerce REST API Docs.
WooCommerce is awesome! Can I contribute?
Yes you can! Join in on our GitHub repository 🙂
3.1.0 – 2017-06-28
- Feature – Built-in product CSV importer and exporter for products.
- Feature – Display (toggle-able) terms inline on the checkout rather than showing a link.
- Feature – On the “pay for order” page, if logged out show a login form rather than an error message.
- Feature – Enabled oembed support for product short descriptions.
- Feature – Added bulk variation update for stock status.
- Feature – On customer profiles: added a button to copy billing address to shipping address.
- Feature – Setup Wizard – Automatic Shipping Zone Creation In Setup Wizard for the base location.
- Feature – Setup Wizard – Added a new optional Storefront Theme step if you’re using a non-WooCommerce compatible theme.
- Feature – Made it possible to manage extension licenses purchased from WooCommerce.com on the extensions screen.
- Tweak – Gallery – Added a data-caption for captions to support both captions and titles for SEO.
- Tweak – Gallery – Used smoothHeight setting to better support images of different heights.
- Tweak – UI – Added blank states for API keys & webhooks.
- Tweak – UI – Made Product submenu labels consistent in admin.
- Tweak – UI – Changed street address field label and placeholder to minimize user error on checkout.
- Tweak – UI – Added a confirmation before deleting log files.
- Tweak – If prices are the same for all variations, use price not priceSpecification in structured data.
- Tweak – Added variable so shipping calculator is shown on first row only when showing multiple shipping packages.
- Tweak – Updated mini-cart HTML to use a list.
- Tweak – Allow linking to single product additional_information tab from url hash.
- Tweak – Re-included WooCommerce endpoints on the appearance > menus screens.
- Tweak – Always sync incorrect titles on variation read regardless of version.
- Tweak – Standardize rating HTML in all templates.
- Tweak – When searching, disable WC sort order so results are sorted by relevance.
- Tweak – Update price sorting code to use min or max for variable products depending on sorting direction.
- Tweak – Utilize $product method to get thumbnail in loops.
- Tweak – Check for an existing display name before updating a user on checkout. Adds display_name prop to the CRUD.
- Tweak – Adapt variable product price used in sorting based on direction of sort.
- Tweak – Made state validation less strict for keys.
- Tweak – For COD orders, force payment complete status to be completed.
- Fix – Use get_max_purchase_quantity in cart template and fix logic when stock management is off.
- Fix – Added log_id as the secondary sorting column to log list so log entries sort correctly.
- Fix – Fix shop page when using shop base and UTF8 shop page slug.
- Fix – Added handles so drag and drop does not break edit on mobile when sorting categories.
- Fix – Added ABSPATH checks to all files.
- Fix – Fixed how to flush rewrite rules after saving the shop main page.
- Fix – Emails sent via admin should switch to global locale.
- Fix – Set and restore wp_query so product page functions think it’s a real product page.
- Fix – Variation default value of ‘0’ fails to save on product.
- Fix – Prevent locations being added to the “Rest Of The World” shipping zone via the API.
- Dev – Allow date created to be set in wc_create_refund.
- Dev – Introduced a WC_Order_Query class for finding/searching orders.
- Dev – Added “restored” webhook.
- Dev – Support floats for the custom attribute name sorting function.
- Dev – Updated Emogrifier to version 1.2.
- Dev – Sort product data tabs by priority in admin screen.
- Dev – Added new hooks for: dashboard reviews widget, product and category sorting events, woocommerce_add_to_cart_sold_individually_found_in_cart, cart empty messages.
- Dev – Added filters for zoom / flexslider / photoswipe enabling.
- Dev – Added filter for cookie name.
- Dev – Added ability to filter Photoswipe lightbox options.
- Dev – Added new filter for product thumbnail size.
- Dev – Added action for displaying custom data for fees in admin.
- Dev – Changed build_payload from private to public in webhook system.
- Dev – Added deprecated notice to WC_Order_Item_Meta (deprecated in 3.0).
- Dev – Added namespace to jQuery events that are removed in VariationForm.
- Dev – Made WC_Checkout::get_posted_data() public.
- Dev – Add custom message for custom system status tools.
- Dev – Added filters to change which order items are created and loaded to support custom item types.
- Dev – Updated jQuery payment and serializejson libraries.
- Localization – Added Bolivian states.
- Localization – Use VAT for Norway instead of Tax.