WooCommerce is a powerful, extendable eCommerce plugin that helps you sell anything. Beautifully.
|Author:||Automattic (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||5.6|
|WordPress version tested:||5.8.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||27-09-2011|
|Total downloads:||158 127 143|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
WooCommerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
Our core platform is free, flexible, and amplified by a global community. The freedom of open-source means you retain full ownership of your store’s content and data forever.
Whether you’re launching a business, taking brick-and-mortar retail online, or developing sites for clients, use WooCommerce for a store that powerfully blends content and commerce.
- Create beautiful, enticing storefronts with themes suited to your brand and industry.
- Customize pages in minutes using modular product blocks.
- Showcase physical and digital goods, product variations, custom configurations, instant downloads, and affiliate items. Bookings, memberships, subscriptions, and dynamic pricing rules are only an extension away.
- Rise to the top of search results by leveraging WordPress’ SEO advantage.
Built-in tools and popular integrations help you efficiently manage your business operations. Many services are free to add with a single click via the optional Setup Wizard.
- Choose how you want to get paid. Conveniently manage payments from the comfort of your store with WooCommerce Payments (U.S.-only). Securely accept cards, mobile wallets, bank transfers, and cash thanks to 100+ payment gateways – including Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
- Configure your shipping options. Print USPS labels right from your dashboard and even schedule a pickup with WooCommerce Shipping (U.S.-only). Connect with well-known carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and ShipStation – plus a wide variety of delivery, inventory, and fulfillment solutions for your locale.
- Simplify sales tax. Add WooCommerce Tax or similar integrated services to make automated calculations a reality.
Grow your business, add features, and monitor your store on the go
WooCommerce means business. Keep tabs on the performance metrics most important to you with WooCommerce Admin – a powerful, customizable central dashboard for your store.
Expand your audience across marketing and social channels with Google Ads, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Facebook integrations. You can always check out the in-dashboard Marketing Hub for fresh ideas and tips to help you succeed.
Enhance store functionality with hundreds of free and paid extensions from the official WooCommerce Marketplace. Our developers vet each new extension and regularly review existing inventory to maintain Marketplace quality standards. We are actively looking for products that help store builders create successful stores.
Manage your store from anywhere with the free WooCommerce mobile app (Android and iOS). Spoiler alert: Keep an ear out for the slightly addictive “cha-ching” notification sound each time you make a new sale!
Own and control your store data – forever
With WooCommerce, your data belongs to you. Always.
If you opt to share usage data with us, you can feel confident knowing that it’s anonymized and kept secure. Choose to opt-out at any time without impacting your store.
Unlike hosted eCommerce solutions, WooCommerce store data is future-proof; should you wish to migrate to a different platform, you’re free to export all your content and take your site wherever you choose. No restrictions.
Why developers choose (and love) WooCommerce
Developers can use WooCommerce to create, customize, and scale a store to meet a client’s exact specifications, making enhancements through extensions or custom solutions.
- Leverage hooks and filters to modify or create functionality.
- Integrate virtually any service using a robust REST API and webhooks.
- Design and build custom content blocks with React.
- Inspect and modify any aspect of the core plugin code.
- Speed up development with a lightning-fast CLI.
The core platform is tested rigorously and often, supported by a dedicated development team working across time zones. Comprehensive documentation is updated with each release, empowering you to build exactly the store required.
Be part of our growing international community
WooCommerce has a large, passionate community dedicated to helping merchants succeed, and it’s growing fast.
There are WooCommerce Meetups in locations around the world that you can attend for free and even get involved in running. These events are a great way to learn from others, share your expertise, and connect with like-minded folks.
WooCommerce also has a regular presence at WordCamps across the globe – we’d love to meet you.
Contribute and translate
WooCommerce is developed and supported by Automattic, the creators of WordPress.com and Jetpack. We also have hundreds of independent contributors, and there’s always room for more. Head to the WooCommerce GitHub Repository to find out how you can pitch in.
WooCommerce is translated into multiple languages, including Danish, Ukrainian, and Persian. Help localize WooCommerce even further by adding your locale – visit translate.wordpress.org.
If you get stuck, you can ask for help in the WooCommerce Support Forum by following these guidelines, reach out via the WooCommerce Community Slack, or post in the WooCommerce Community group on Facebook.
For assistance with paid extensions from the WooCommerce.com Marketplace: first, review our self-service troubleshooting guide. If the problem persists, kindly log a support ticket via our helpdesk. Our dedicated Happiness Engineers aim to respond within 24 hours.
Yes! WooCommerce will work with any theme but may require some additional styling. If you’re looking for a theme featuring deep WooCommerce integration, we recommend Storefront.
We have a detailed guide on How To Update WooCommerce.
Start by diagnosing the issue using our helpful troubleshooting guide.
If you noticed the error after updating a theme or plugin, there might be compatibility issues between it and WooCommerce. If the issue appeared after updating WooCommerce, there could be a conflict between WooCommerce and an outdated theme or plugin.
In both instances, we recommend running a conflict test using Health Check (which allows you to disable themes and plugins without affecting your visitors) or troubleshooting the issue using a staging site.
Report bugs on the WooCommerce GitHub repository. You can also notify us via our support forum – be sure to search the forums to confirm that the error has not already been reported.
Request new features and extensions and vote on existing suggestions on our official ideas board. Our Product teams regularly review requests and consider them valuable for product planning.
Extensive WooCommerce REST API Documentation is available on GitHub.
Check out Frequently Asked Questions for more.
- Add –
modified_afterfiltering parameters to REST API for products, orders and coupons. #30585
- Add –
- Dev – Action Scheduler updated to 3.3.0. #30719
- Dev – Add order argument to
- Fix – During product quick edit, the featured setting is sometimes not shown correctly as checked. #30639
- Fix – Offsets not calculated correctly sometimes on select2 dropdowns causing usability issues. #30690
- Fix – Select2 dropdown search input not getting focus when select2 dropdown element gets focused. #30626
- Tweak – Add individual item remove notices based on the context of the line item in the order. #30650
- Tweak – Change the shop page summary which was not relevant to the public. #30573
- Tweak – Deleted unneeded double spaces in text strings. #30487
- Tweak – Open Browse all extensions link in a new tab. #30640
** WooCommerce Admin – 2.7.1 & 2.7.2**
- Fix – Fix analytics crashing on daylight saving. #7763
- Fix – Allow super admins all capabilities within WooCommerce Admin. #7489
- Fix – Fix end date for last periods. #6584
- Fix – Fix up onboarding profiler not working when opted out of tracking. #7490
- Fix – Making Business Details sticky in onboarding wizard. #7426
- Fix – Missing RTL for onboarding styles. #7531
- Fix – Skip scheduling action if Action Scheduler tables have not been set up. #7521
- Fix – Update country region typeahead for better autofill support. #7497
- Fix – Use installable extensions for local state versus free extensions. #7585
- Fix – Fix fatal error and unrelated results in analytics. #7682
- Fix – Harden the reports directory. #7691
- Fix – Update task-item logic to only display content when expanded is true. #7611
- Add – Show Pinterest in installed marketing extensions (if installed). #7417
- Add – Added MailchimpScheduler that runs daily to subscribe store_email in the profile data. #7579
- Add – Added shipping plugin recommendations to settings page. #7446
- Add – Adding endpoint to snooze onboarding task. #7539
- Add – Adding undo snooze task endpoint. #7560
- Add – Add task dismissal endpoints. #7538
- Update – Add HK and SG countries to WC Pay intl support. #7558
- Update – Create task list REST API endpoint. #7512
- Update – Deleted OnboardingEmailMarketing note class. #7595
- Update – Removes the use of the depreciated woocommerce_shared_settings hook. #7480
- Update – Removes non WooCommerce Admin specific settings from the
wc_adminnamespace in the
wc/datasettings store (ex: countries). #7480
- Update – Updating eway logo in payment suggestions defaults. #7562
- Update – Update marketing task completion logic. #7586
- Dev – Add email address field to OBW. #7552
- Tweak – Add navigation items for the Marketplace menu. #7529
- Tweak – Change all analytics strings and labels to sentence case. #6501
- Tweak – Delete unneeded double spaces in text strings. #7502
- Tweak – Remove the preloaded onboarding options. #7338
- Tweak – Update analytics card header text styles. #6506
- Enhancement – Align Table fields with the fallback on isNumeric. #7431
WooCommerce Blocks – 5.7.1 & 5.8.0 & 5.9.0 & 5.9.1
- Add – Extensibility point for extensions to filter payment methods. #4668
- Add – “Filter Products by Stock” block. #4145
- Add – Introduced the
__experimental_woocommerce_blocks_checkout_update_order_from_requesthook to the Checkout Store API. #4610.
- Fix – Add label element to
- Fix – Disable Cart, Checkout, All Products & filters blocks from the widgets screen.
- Fix – Infinite recursion when removing an attribute filter from the Active filters block. #4816
- Fix – Prevent Product Category List from displaying incorrectly when used on the shop page. #4587
- Fix – Product Search block displaying incorrectly. #4740
- Tweak – Add Extensibility info to Store API readme. #4605
- Tweak – Update documentation for the snackbarNoticeVisibility filter. #4508
- Tweak – Add documentation for
extensionCartUpdatemethod – this allows extensions to update the client-side cart after it has been modified on the server. #4377
Action Scheduler 3.3.0
- Enhancement – Adds as_has_scheduled_action() to provide a performant way to test for existing actions. #645
- Dev – Now supports queries that use multiple statuses. #649
- Dev – Minimum requirements for WordPress and PHP bumped (to 5.2 and 5.6 respectively). #723
- Fix – Improves compatibility with environments where NO_ZERO_DATE is enabled. #519
- Fix – Adds safety checks to guard against errors when our database tables cannot be created. #645