LifterLMS, the #1 WordPress LMS solution, makes it easy to create, sell, and protect engaging online courses.
|Author:||LifterLMS (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-02-2016|
|Total downloads:||235 644|
|Active installs:||8 000+|
Click to start download
LifterLMS Sales Reporting
LifterLMS Student Reporting
LifterLMS Enrollment Reporting
LifterLMS Sidebar Widgets
LifterLMS Subscription Management
LifterLMS Course Builder
LifterLMS Lesson Settings
LifterLMS Email Engagements
LifterLMS Pricing Tables
LifterLMS Course Access Plans
LifterLMS Update Upcoming Order Details
LifterLMS Lock Down Non LMS Content with Memberships
LifterLMS Membership Course Bundles and Auto Enrollment
LifterLMS Business to Business Bulk Enrollment Activations with Vouchers
LifterLMS Achievement Earned
LifterLMS Achievement Badges
LifterLMS Quiz Results
LifterLMS Student Dashboard
Minimum System Requirements
- PHP 5.6 or later
- MySQL 5.6 or later
- WordPress 4.0 or later
Visit our full system requirements for additional information.
This is the simplest way to install LifterLMS as it utilizes WordPress to handle file transfers and you never need to leave the web browser or admin panel.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins -> Add New
- In the search field type “LifterLMS” and click “Search Plugins”
- Once you’ve located LifterLMS click “Install Now”
- Once installation is complete, click “Activate”
To manually install LifterLMS you’ll need to download the zip file using the “Download” link on this screen. You’ll then need to use FTP to manually upload the files to the proper directory on your webserver.
Please see this WordPress Codex document for full instruction on Manual Plugin Installation.
After installing LifterLMS for the first time you will be redirected to the Setup Wizard. This wizard will walk quickly configure LifterLMS so you can get to course creating as quickly as possible. At the conclusion you’ll have the option to import a sample course.
You can return to the setup wizard at any time by following these steps.
Are there any troubleshooting steps you’d suggest I try that might resolve my issue before I post a new thread?
First, make sure that you’re running the latest version of LifterLMS. And if you’ve got any other LifterLMS extensions or themes, make sure those are running the most current version as well.
The most common issues we see are either plugin conflicts, theme conflicts, or outdated servers. You can test if a plugin or theme is conflicting by manually deactivating other plugins until just LifterLMS is running on your site. If the issue persists from there, revert to the default Twenty Fifteen theme. If the issue is resolved after deactivating a specific plugin or your theme, you’ll know that is the source of the conflict. If it is a hosting issue, contact your web host and make sure they’re running the most current version of PHP.
Also be sure to check out the official LifterLMS Knowledge Base.
I’m still stuck. Where do I go to file a bug or ask a question?
Users of the free LifterLMS should post their questions in the plugin’s WordPress.org forum. If you find you’re not getting support in as timely a fashion as you wish, you might want to consider purchasing a LifterLMS Pro license.
If you’re already a LifterLMS Pro user or you have purchased one of the LifterLMS themes or extensions, you’re entitled to log into your account and contact the support team directly on the LifterLMS website. We can provide a deeper level of support here and address your needs on a daily basis during the work week. Generally, except in times of increased support loads, we reply to all comments within 12 business hours.
LifterLMS is awesome! Can you set it all up for me?
Yes. You can get an instant quote for the team at LifterLMS to set everything up for you through our signature Done For You service. Get an instant quote through our automated quote generation tool on the LifterLMS website services page.
I’m interested in LifterLMS Pro, another LifterLMS extension, or a LifterLMS theme, but there are a few questions I’ve got before making the purchase. Can you help me get those addressed?
Absolutely. If you’re not finding your questions answered on the product pages, you can ask your presales questions through this contact form. You can also connect live with a member of our team here.
What add-ons are available for LifterLMS, and where can I read more about them?
You can find a full list of officlai LifterLMS Add-ons here
I have a feature idea. What’s the best way to tell you about it?
I still have questions. Where can I find answers?
Be sure you’ve taken the free tutorial training video course: How to Create an Online Course with LifterLMS.
v3.23.0 – 2018-08-27
Access Plan & Pricing Table Template Improvements
- The pricing table template has been split into multiple templates which are now rendered via action hooks. No visual changes have been made but if you’ve customized the template using a template override you’ll want to review the template changes before updating!
New action hooks are available to modify the rendering of access plans in course / membership pricing tables.
llms_access_plan: Main hook for outputting an entire access plan within the pricing table
llms_before_access_plan: Called before main content of access plan. Outputs the “Featured” area of plans
llms_acces_plan_content: Main access plan content. Outputs title, pricing info, restrictions, and description
llms_acces_plan_footer: Called after main content. Outputs trial info and the checkout / enrollment button
Added filters to the returns of many of the functions in the
- Minor improvements made to
Updates and Enhancements
- Improved handling of empty blank / empty data when adding instructors to courses and memberships
- Added filters to the “Sales Page Content” type options & functions for courses and memberships to allow 3rd parties to define their own type of sales page functionality
- Added filters to the saving of access plan data
- Improved the HTML and added CSS classes to the access plan admin panel html view
- Fixes issue causing the “Preview Changes” button on courses to lock the “Update” publishing button which prevents changes from being properly saved.gi
- Fixed issue causing PHP errors when viewing courses / memberships on the admin panel when an instructor user was deleted
- Fixed issue causing PHP notices when viewing course / membership post lists on the admin panel when an instructor user was deleted
- Fixed issue causing PHP warnings to be generated when viewing the user add / edit screen on the admin panel
- Fixed an issue which would cause access plans to never be available to users. This bug didn’t affect any existing installations except if you wrote custom code that called the
v3.22.2 – 2018-08-13
- Fixed issue causing banners on general settings screen to cause a fatal error when api connection errors occurred
- Improved CSS on setup wizard
v3.22.1 – 2018-08-06
- Fix issue causing themes to appear as requiring updates when using the LifterLMS Helper
v3.22.0 – 2018-07-31
- Frontend notifications are no longer powered by AJAX requests. This change will significantly reduce the number of requests made but will remove the ability for students to receive asynchronouos notifications. This means that notifications will only be displayed on page load as notification polling will no longer occur while a student is on a page (while reading the content a lesson, for example).
- Course and membership catalogs items in navigation menus will now have expected CSS classes to identify current item and current item parents
- The admin panel add-ons screen has been reworked to be powered by the lifterlms.com REST api
- Some visual changes have been made to the add-ons screen
- The colors on the voucher screen on the admin panel have been updated to match the rest of the interfaces in LifterLMS
v3.21.1 – 2018-07-24
- Fixed issue causing visual issues on checkout summary when using coupons which apply discounts to a plan trial
- Fixed issue causing
.mofiles stored in the
languages/lifterlmssafe directory from being loaded before files stored in the default location
- Added methods to integration abstract to allow integration developers to automatically describe missing integration dependencies
- Tested to WordPress 4.9.8
v3.21.0 – 2018-07-18
Updates and Enhancements
- Added new actions before and after global login form HTML:
- Settings API can now create disabled fields
- Added new actions to the checkout form:
- Added CRUD functions for interacting with data located in the
- Replaced various database queries for CRUD user postmeta data with new CRUD functions
- Added new utility function to allow splicing data into associative arrays
- If all user information fields are disabled, the “Student Information” are will now be hidden during checkout for logged in users instead of displaying an empty information box
- Fixed plugin compatibility issue with Advanced Custom Fields
- Fixed issue causing multiple choice quiz questions to require a double tap on some iOS devices
- Fixed incorrectly named filter causing section titles to not display on student course reporting screens
- We do not advocate using PHP 5.5 or lower but if you were using 5.5 or lower and encountered an error during bulk enrollment we’ve fixed that for. Please upgrade to 7.2 though. We all want faster more secure websites.
v3.20.0 – 2018-07-12
- Updated user interfaces on admin panel for courses and memberships with relation to “Enrolled” and “Non-Enrolled” student descriptions
- “Enrolled Student Description” is now the default WordPress editor
- “Non-Enrolled Student Description” is now the “Sales Page”
- Additional options for sales pages (the content displayed to visitors and non-enrolled students) have been added:
- Do nothing (show course description)
- Show custom content (use a WYSIWYG editor to define content)
- Redirect to a WordPress page (use custom templates and enhance page builder compatibility and capabilities)
- Redirect to a custom URL (use a sales page hosted on another domain!)
- Tested to WordPress 4.9.7
v3.19.6 – 2018-07-06
- Fix file load paths in OptimizePress plugin compatibility function
v3.19.5 – 2018-07-05
- Fixed bug causing
select2multi-selects from functioning as multi-selects
- Fixed visual issue with
select2elements being set without a width causing them to be both too small and too large in various scenarios.
- Fixed duplicate action on dashboard section template
v3.19.4 – 2018-07-02
Updates and enhancements
- Bulk enroll multiple users into a course or membership from the Users table on your admin panel. See how at https://lifterlms.com/docs/student-bulk-enrollment/
- Added event on builder to allow integrations to run trigger events when course elements are saved
- Added general redirect method
llms_redirect_and_exit()which is a wrapper for
wp_safe_redirect()which can be plugged (and tested via phpunit)
- Added new action called before validation occurs for a user account update form submission:
- Removed placeholders from form fields. Fixes a UX issue causing registration forms to appear cluttered due to having both placeholders and labels.
- Fixed issue allowing nonce checks to be bypassed on login and registration forms
- Fixed issue causing a PHP notice if the registration form is submitted without an email address and automatic username generation is enabled
- Fixed issue preventing email addresses with the “‘” character from being able to register, login, or update account information
- Fixed typo in automatic username generation filter
- Fixed issue causing admin panel static assets to have a double slash (//) in the assest URI path
- FIxed issue allowing users with
view_lifterlms_reportscapability (Instructors) to access sales & enrollment reporting screens. The
view_others_lifterlms_reportscapability (Admins & LMS Managers) is now required to view these reporting tabs.
- Updated IDs of login and registration nonces to be unique. Fixes an issue causing Chrome to throw non-unique ID warnings in the developer console. Also, IDs are supposed to be unique anyway but thanks for helping us out Google.