LifterLMS, the #1 WordPress LMS solution, makes it easy to create, sell, and protect engaging online courses.
|Author:||Thomas Patrick Levy, codeBOX LLC (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-02-2016|
|Total downloads:||203 917|
|Active installs:||7 000+|
Click to start download
LifterLMS Sales Reporting
LifterLMS Student Reporting
LifterLMS Enrollment Reporting
LifterLMS Sidebar Widgets
LifterLMS Subscription Management
LifterLMS Course Builder
LifterLMS Lesson Settings
LifterLMS Email Engagements
LifterLMS Pricing Tables
LifterLMS Course Access Plans
LifterLMS Update Upcoming Order Details
LifterLMS Lock Down Non LMS Content with Memberships
LifterLMS Membership Course Bundles and Auto Enrollment
LifterLMS Business to Business Bulk Enrollment Activations with Vouchers
LifterLMS Achievement Earned
LifterLMS Achievement Badges
LifterLMS Quiz Results
LifterLMS Student Dashboard
Minimum System Requirements
- PHP 5.6 or later
- MySQL 5.6 or later
- WordPress 4.0 or later
Visit our full system requirements for additional information.
This is the simplest way to install LifterLMS as it utilizes WordPress to handle file transfers and you never need to leave the web browser or admin panel.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins -> Add New
- In the search field type “LifterLMS” and click “Search Plugins”
- Once you’ve located LifterLMS click “Install Now”
- Once installation is complete, click “Activate”
To manually install LifterLMS you’ll need to download the zip file using the “Download” link on this screen. You’ll then need to use FTP to manually upload the files to the proper directory on your webserver.
Please see this WordPress Codex document for full instruction on Manual Plugin Installation.
After installing LifterLMS for the first time you will be redirected to the Setup Wizard. This wizard will walk quickly configure LifterLMS so you can get to course creating as quickly as possible. At the conclusion you’ll have the option to import a sample course.
You can return to the setup wizard at any time by following these steps.
Are there any troubleshooting steps you’d suggest I try that might resolve my issue before I post a new thread?
First, make sure that you’re running the latest version of LifterLMS. And if you’ve got any other LifterLMS extensions or themes, make sure those are running the most current version as well.
The most common issues we see are either plugin conflicts, theme conflicts, or outdated servers. You can test if a plugin or theme is conflicting by manually deactivating other plugins until just LifterLMS is running on your site. If the issue persists from there, revert to the default Twenty Fifteen theme. If the issue is resolved after deactivating a specific plugin or your theme, you’ll know that is the source of the conflict. If it is a hosting issue, contact your web host and make sure they’re running the most current version of PHP.
Also be sure to check out the official LifterLMS Knowledge Base.
I’m still stuck. Where do I go to file a bug or ask a question?
Users of the free LifterLMS should post their questions in the plugin’s WordPress.org forum. If you find you’re not getting support in as timely a fashion as you wish, you might want to consider purchasing a LifterLMS Pro license.
If you’re already a LifterLMS Pro user or you have purchased one of the LifterLMS themes or extensions, you’re entitled to log into your account and contact the support team directly on the LifterLMS website. We can provide a deeper level of support here and address your needs on a daily basis during the work week. Generally, except in times of increased support loads, we reply to all comments within 12 business hours.
LifterLMS is awesome! Can you set it all up for me?
Yes. You can get an instant quote for the team at LifterLMS to set everything up for you through our signature Done For You service. Get an instant quote through our automated quote generation tool on the LifterLMS website services page.
I’m interested in LifterLMS Pro, another LifterLMS extension, or a LifterLMS theme, but there are a few questions I’ve got before making the purchase. Can you help me get those addressed?
Absolutely. If you’re not finding your questions answered on the product pages, you can ask your presales questions through this contact form. You can also connect live with a member of our team here.
What add-ons are available for LifterLMS, and where can I read more about them?
You can find a full list of officlai LifterLMS Add-ons here
I have a feature idea. What’s the best way to tell you about it?
I still have questions. Where can I find answers?
Be sure you’ve taken the free tutorial training video course: How to Create an Online Course with LifterLMS.
v3.19.3 – 2018-06-14
- Fix issue causing new quizzes to be unable to load questions list without reloading the builder
v3.19.2 – 2018-06-14
Updates and enhancements
- The course builder will now load quiz question data when the quiz is opened instead of loading all quizzes on builder page load. Improves builder load times and addresses an issue which could cause timeouts in certain environments when attempting to edit very large courses.
- The currently viewed lesson will now be bold in the lesson outline widget.
- Added a CSS class
.llms-widget-syllabus .llms-lesson.current-lessonwhich can be used to customize the display of the current lesson in the widget.
- Added the ability to filter quiz attempt reports by quiz status
- Updated language for access plans on with a limited number of payments to reflect the total number of payments due as opposed to the length (for example in years) that the plan will run.
- Fixed issue preventing oEmbed media from being used in quiz question descriptions
- Fixed issue preventing
<iframes>from being used in quiz question descriptions
- Quiz results will now exclude questions with 0 points value when displaying the number of questions in the quiz.
- Fixed error occurring when sorting was applied to quiz attempt reports which would cause quiz attempts from other quizzes to be included in the new sorted report
- Fixed filter
lifterlms_reviews_section_titlewhich was unuseable due to the incorrect usage of
_e()within the filter. Now using
- Fixed issue causing course featured image to display in place of lesson feature images
v3.19.1 – 2018-06-07
- Fixed CSS specificity issue on admin panel causing white text on white background on system status pages
v3.19.0 – 2018-06-07
Updates and enhancements
- Added a “My Memberships” tab to the student dashboard
- “My Memberships” preview area
- Updated admin panel order status badges to match frontend order status badges
- Added a new recurring order status “Pending Cancel.” Orders in this state will allow students to access course / membership content until the next payment is due, on this date, instead of a recurring charge being made the order will move to “Cancelled” and the student’s enrollment status will change to “Cancelled” removing their access to the course or membership.
- When a student cancels an active recurring order from the student dashboard, the order will move to “Pending Cancellation” instead of “Cancelled”
- Students can re-activate an order that’s Pending Cancellation moving the expiration date to the next payment due date
- Added the ability to edit the access expiration date for orders with limited access settings and for orders in the “pending-cancel” state
- Added a filter to allow customization of the URL used to generate certificate downloads from
- When viewing taxonomy archives for any course or memberhip taxonomy (categories, tags, and tracks), if a term description exists, it will be used instead of the default catalog description content defined on the catalog page.
- Added a filter (
llms_archive_description) to allow filtering of the archive description
WP_DEBUGis disabled the scheduled-actions posttype interface is now available via direct link. Useful for debugging but don’t want to expose a menu-item link to clients. Access via wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=scheduled-action. Be warned: you shouldn’t be modifying scheduled actions manually and that’s why we’re not exposing this directly, this should be used for debugging only!
- Updated the function used to check if lessons have featured images to improve performance and resolve an incompatibility issue with WP Overlays plugin.
- Fixed issue causing “My Courses” title to be duplicated on the student dashboard when viewing the endpoint
- Fixed issue causing the trial price to be displayed with a strike-through during a sale
- Fixed coupon issue causing coupons to expire at the beginning of the day on the expiration date instead of at the end of the day
- Fixed issue causing CSS rules to lose their declared order during exports causing export rendering issues with certain themes and plugin combinations
v3.18.2 – 2018-05-24
- Improved integrations settings screen to allow each integration to have it’s own settings tab (page) with only its own settings
- Allow programmatic access to notification content when notification views are accessed via filters
- Fixed issue causind subscription cancellation notifications to be sent to admins when new orders were created
- Fixed warning message displayed prior to membership bulk enrollment
- Fixed multibyte character encoding issue encountered during certificate exports
v3.18.1 – 2018-05-18
llms_agree_to_terms_form_field()to an action hook
- Define minimum WordPress version requirement as 4.8.
v3.18.0 – 2018-05-16
Privacy & GDPR Compliance Tools
During a WordPress Personal Data Export request the following LifterLMS information will be added to the export
- All personal information gathered from registration, checkout, and enrollment forms
- Course and membership enrollments, progress, and grades
- Earned achievements and certificates
- All order data
During a WordPress Personal Data Erasure request the following LifterLMS information will be erased
- All personal information gathered from registration, checkout, and enrollment forms
- Earned achievements and certificates
- All notifications for or about the user
- If the “Remove Order Data” setting is enabled, the order will be anonymized by removing student personal information from the order and, if the order is a recurring order, it will be cancelled.
- If the “Remove Student LMS Data” setting is enabled, all student data related to course and membership activity will be removed
All of the above relies on features available in WordPress core 4.9.6
Updates and Enhancements
- Tested up to WordPress 4.9.6
- Improved pricing table UX for members-only access plans. An access plan button for a plan belonging to only one membership will click directly to the membership as opposed to opening a popover. Plan’s with access via multiple memberships will continue to open a popover listing all availability options.
- Added a “My Certificates” tab to the Student Dashboard
- Certificates can be downloaded as HTML files (available when viewing a certificate or from the certificate reporting screen on the admin panel)
- Admins can now delete certificates and achievements from reporting screens on the admin panel
- Added additional information to certificate and achievement reporting tables
- Expanded widths of admin settings page setting names to be a bit wider and more readable
- Now conditionally hiding some settings when they are no longer relevant
- Added daily cron automatically remove files from the
LLMS_TMP_DIRwhich are more that 24 hours old
- Removed unused template
- Added initialization actions for use by integration classes
- Fixed issue causing coupon reports to always display “1” regardless of actual number of coupons used
- Fixid issue causing new posts created via the Course Builder to always be created for user_id #1
- Fixed issue causing “My Achievements” to display twice on the My Achievements student dashboard tab
- Fixed issue preventing lessons from being completed when a quiz in draft mode was attached to the lesson
- Fixed issue causing minified RTL stylesheets to 404
v3.17.8 – 2018-05-04
Updates and Enchancements
- Added admin email notification when student cancels a subscription
- Quiz results will now display the question’s description when reviewing results as a student and on the admin panel during grading
- Add action hook fired when a student cancels a subscription (
- Reduce unnecessary DB queries for integrations by checking for dependencies and then calling querying the options table to see if the integration has been enabled.
- Updated the notifications settings table to be more friendly to the human eye
- Fix admin scripts enqueue order. Fixes issue preventing manual student enrollment selection from functioning properly in certain scenarios.
- Shift + Enter when in a question choice field now adds a return as expected instead of exiting the field
- When pasting into question choice fields HTML from RTF documents will be automatically stripped
- Ensure certificates print with a white brackground regardless of theme CSS
- Fix issue causing themes with
overflow:hiddenon divs from cutting certificate background images
- Upon export completion unlock tables regardless of mail success / failure
- Resolve issue causing incorrect number of access plans to be returned on systems that have custom defaults set for
- Fix error occurring when all 3rd party integrations are disabled by filter, credit to @Mte90!
LLMS()->integrations()->integrations()returns all integrations regardless of availability.
LLMS_Abstract_Options_Datato have an option set method
v3.17.7 – 2018-04-27
- Fix issue preventing assignments passing grade requirement from saving properly
- Fix issue preventing builder toggle switches from properly saving some switch field data
- Fix with “Launch Builder” button causing it to extend outside the bounds of its container
- Fix issue with builder radio select fields during view rerenders
- Course Outline shortcode (and widget) now retrieve parent course of the current page more consistently with other shortcodes
- Added ability to filter which custom post types which can be children of a course (allows course shortcodes & widgets to be used in assignment sidebars of custom content areas)
v3.17.6 – 2018-04-26
- Updated language on recurring orders with no expiration settings. Orders no longer say “Lifetime Access” and instead output no expiration information
- Quiz editor on builder updated to be consistent visually and functionally to the lesson settings editor
- Improved the builder field API to allow for radio element fields
- Fix issue causing JS error on admin settings pages
- Updated CSS for Certificates to be more generally compatible with theme styles when printed
- Allow system print settings to control print layout for certificates by removing explicit landscape declarations
- Now passing additional data to filters used to create custom columns on reporting screens
- Remove unused JS files & Chosen JS library
- Added filter to allow opting into alternate student dashboard order layout. Use
add_filter( 'llms_sd_stacked_order_layout', '__return_true' )to stack the payment update sidebar below the main order information. This is disabled by default.
- Achievement and Certificate basic notifications now auto-dismiss after 10 seconds like all other basic notifications
- Deprecated Filter
llms_get_quiz_theme_settingsand added backwards compatible methods to transition themes using this filter to the new custom field api. For more information see new methods at https://lifterlms.com/docs/course-builder-custom-fields-for-developers/
- Increased default z-index on notifications to prevent notifications from being hidden behind floating / static navigation menus