This great Encyclopedia Lite plugin enables you to create an awesome Encyclopedia, Lexicon, Glossary, Wiki, Dictionary or Knowledge Base!
|Author:||Dennis Hoppe (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.4.2|
|WordPress version tested:||3.8.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||25-10-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||23 348|
Click to start download
Encyclopedia Lite is a state of the art WordPress encyclopedia / lexicon / glossary / wiki / dictionary plugin. It enables you to create, manage and present a knowledge base. Completely coalesced with your WordPress and fully compatible with all the cool publishing tools you like.
In the Lite Edition of the plugin you can take a look around and you try out everything. On several places in the plugin you will find a notice that this function is included in the Pro Version only. There is no support available for the free Lite Version.
- Create, manage and structure your Terms as
- Encyclopedia, lexicon, glossary, Wiki, dictionary or knowledge base
- Use tags and categories to classify your terms
- Automatic association of related terms
- Automatic linking of terms in post and page contents
- Completely translatable - .pot file is included
- Supports the WordPress Theme Template hierarchy
- Supports user defined HTML templates
- Supports WordPress user rights and capabilities
- Supports RSS Feeds
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- Multiple Widgets to display the terms and taxonomies of your Encyclopedia
- No ads or brandings anywhere - perfect white label solution
You can find the settings page in WP Admin Panel » Settings » Encyclopedia.
All plugin outputs can be changed via user defined HTML templates. Just put the templates you want to overwrite inside your theme folder (no matter if parent theme or child theme). You can find the default templates in the plugin folder in "templates/". You can find a list of the available templates here. Please do not modify the original templates! You would lose all your modifications when updating the plugin!
Questions / Support requests
Unfortunately I cannot give free support for my plugins. There is a separate support package available for the Pro Version of this plugin. Please use it. Of course you can hire me for consulting, support, programming and customizations at any time.
- This Plugin is available in English.
- Diese Erweiterung ist in Deutsch verfügbar. (Dennis Hoppe)
- Cette extension est traduite en français. (Gilles Santacreu)
- Ta wtyczka jest dostępna po Polsku. (Andrzej Opejda)
- Plugin ini tersedia dalam Bahasa Indonesia (Nasrulhaq Muiz)
- Este plugin está disponible en español. (Fátima Da Silva)
Translate this plugin
If you have translated this plugin in your language feel free to send me the language file (.po file) via E-Mail with your name and this translated sentence: "This plugin is available in %YOUR_LANGUAGE_NAME%." So i can add it to the plugin.
You can find the Translation.pot file in the language/ folder in the plugin directory.
- Copy it.
- Rename it (to your language code).
- Translate everything.
- Send it via E-Mail to <Mail [@t] DennisHoppe [dot] de>.
- Thats it. Thank you! =)
Frequently Asked Questions
I am still collecting frequently asked questions. 😉