Active Preview provides a new preview link for users to click that creates a new preview window which is updated with changes in real-time.
|Author:||Chris Upton (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.6|
|WordPress version tested:||2.9.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-04-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||5 079|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
This plugin provides the ability for users to preview a post or page and view in real-time the changes they are making to the page within the full context of their theme.
Please upgrade to version 1.2+ if the functionality is not working with your themes. We have updated the plugin to now work with every theme. Tell us if you still see issues.
- Supported Browsers: Firefox, Chrome
- Unsupported Browsers: IE 6, 7, or 8 (the functionality simply does not work well)
- Other browsers may work with this plugin please provide feedback to the plugin site or forum if you test other browsers or experience issues.
- Adding backend rendering to support additional plugin preview (such as PHP markdown).
- Correcting preview to properly display active preview page for a newly created page or post.
- Updating html listener to ignore arrow key presses.
- Fixing versioning issue. No functionality changes from 1.3.
- Fixing spacing issues in html editor. Its still not perfect but a lot better.
- Updated plugin to handle any theme. No longer does the theme need to have the default theme entry div wrapping content.
- Fixing international versions to have the ‘Active Preview’ button to actually say ‘Active Preview’ internationalizing to come in future version.
- Fixing issue with breaking theme preview and image upload functionality in firefox.
More updates to project readme.txt
Updates to project readme.txt
- Fixing issue with post or page title disappearing with changes.
- Fixing issue with selecting ‘HTML’ editing.
- Initial Version