This plugin allows users to remove dashboard widgets selectively, via a nice looking admin interface.
For more information, see my release post here: http://wpguru.co.uk/2013/09/introducing-zen-dash/
The project is also on Github: https://github.com/versluis/Zen-Dash
|Author:||Jay Versluis (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.3|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||24-09-2013|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 493|
Click to start download
disable the default WordPress widgets selectively (under Dashboard - Zen Dash)
disable Menu Items you don't want to see
disable Update Notifications
disable Footer Links
- Either: Upload the entire folder
/wp-content/plugins/directory. Please do not rename this folder
- Or: download the ZIP file, then head over to Plugins – Add New – Install, then browse to your file
- Or: from Plugins – Add New, search for “zen dash”, find this plugin and hit “install”
- Then: Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Under Dashboard – Zen Dash you find an admin interface with tabs. Toggle at leisure.
How to I use this plugin?
Simply activate it, then head over to Dashboard – Zen Dash where an admin interface is waiting for you. Use the sliders to activate or deactivate an, then hit “Save Changes”.
You can also choose to enable or disable all widgets at once.
Can I still access removed Menu Items?
Yes. Zen Dash only hides them, but if you know the direct URL you can still call it.
For example, to access the Dashboard, you can still navigate to yourdomain.com/wp-admin/index.php
Can I still update WordPress Core / Themes / Plugins with disabled notifications?
Yes indeed. Zen Dash only hides the notifications at the top, not the fact that an update is available.
Simply head over to Dashboard – Updates and check if and when you want.
HELP! I’ve disabled the Dashboard Menu Item, and now I can’t access Zen Dash options to bring it back!
You can access the Zen Dash options by hovering over the Admin Footer. Please do not disable both.
HELP! I’ve disabled BOTH the Dashboard menu AND the Zen Dash footer link…
You can still call the Zen Dash menu directly by appending “index.php?page=zendash” to your admin area.
For example, if your URL in the admin area is “mydomain.com/wp-admin”, head over to “mydomain.com/wp-admin/index.php?page=zendash”.
If that doesn’t work for you, please disable and uninstall the plugin, then re-install it. This will reset all your options.
- the option to hide the Jetpack menu now only shows when the plugin is activated
- verified compatibility with WordPress 4.4
- added option to hide Jetpack menu item
- hiding update notifications now works under WordPress 3.8 and 3.9
- renamed options under Dashboard Widgets to reflect changes made in WordPress 3.8
- fixed a small bug to reflect the state of the Appearance slider
- tested up to WordPress 3.9
- added options to remove Menu Items
- added options to remove Update Notifications
- added options to remove Admin Footer Items
- added shortcut to Zen Dash options in Admin Footer
- modified presentation and option tabs
- Initial Release