Rating system with rich snippets
|Author:||Dario Curvino (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.9.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||04-06-2014|
|Total downloads:||866 053|
|Active installs:||30 000+|
Click to start download
Improving the user experience with your website is a top priority for everyone who cares about their online activity,
as it promotes familiarity and loyalty with your brand, and enhances visibility of your activity.
Yasr – Yet Another Stars Rating is a powerful way to add SEO-friendly user-generated reviews and testimonials to your
website posts, pages and CPT, without affecting its speed.
How To use
With the classic editor, when you create or update a page or a post, a box (metabox) will be available in the upper right corner where you’ll
be able to insert the overall rating.
With the new Gutenberg editor, just click on the “+” icon to add a block and search for Yasr Overall Rating.
You can either place the overall rating automatically at the beginning or the end of a post (look in “Settings”
-> “Yet Another Stars Rating: Settings”), or wherever you want in the page using the shortcode [yasr_overall_rating] (easily added through the visual editor).
You can give your users the ability to vote, pasting the shortcode [yasr_visitor_votes] where you want the stars to appear.
If you’re using the new Gutenberg editor, just click on the “+” icon to add a block and search for Yasr Visitor Votes
Again, this can be placed automatically at the beginning or the end of each post; the option is in “Settings” -> “Yet Another Stars Rating: Settings”.
Click here if you use a caching plugin
Multisets give the opportunity to score different aspects for each review: for example, if you’re reviewing a videogame, you can create the aspects “Graphics”,
“Gameplay”, “Story”, etc.
You can easily migrate from WP-PostRatings, kk Star Ratings, Rate My Post and Multi Rating
A tab will appear in the settings if one of these plugin is detected.
Yasr Support the following schema.org itemtypes:
✝ BlogPosting itemtype will not show stars in search result.
More info here
In this video I’ll show you the “Auto Insert” feature and manual placement of yasr_visitor_votes and yasr_overall_rating shortcodes
- Documentation at Yasr Official Site
- Demo page for Overall Rating and Vistor Rating
- Demo page for Multi Sets
- Demo page for Rankings
Do you want more feature? Check out Yasr Pro!
Example of yasr in a videogame review
Another example of a restaurant review
User's ranking showing most rated posts
User's ranking showing highest rated posts
What is “Overall Rating”?
It is the vote given by who writes the review: readers are able to see this vote in read-only mode. Reviewer can vote using the box on the top right in the editor screen. Remember to insert this shortcode [yasr_overall_rating] to make it appear where you like.
What is “Visitor Rating”?
It is the vote that allows your visitors to vote: just paste this shortcode [yasr_visitor_votes] where you want the stars to appear.
What is “Multi Set”?
It is the feature that makes YASR awesome. Multisets give the opportunity to score different aspects for each review: for example, if you’re reviewing a videogame, you can create the aspects “Graphics”, “Gameplay”, “Story”, etc. and give a vote for each one. To create a set, just go in “Settings” -> “Yet Another Stars Rating: Settings” and click on the “Multi Sets” tab. To insert it into a post, just paste the shortcode that YASR will create for you.
What is “Ranking reviews” ?
It is the 10 highest rated item chart by reviewer. In order to insert it into a post or page, just paste this shortcode [yasr_top_ten_highest_rated]
Wht is “Users’ ranking” ?
This is 2 charts in 1. Infact, this chart shows both the most rated posts/pages or the highest rated posts/pages.
For an item to appear in this chart, it has to be rated twice at least.
Paste this shortcode to make it appear where you want [yasr_most_or_highest_rated_posts]
What is “Most active reviewers” ?
If in your site there are more than 1 person writing reviews, this chart will show the 5 most active reviewers. Shortcode is [yasr_top_5_reviewers]
What is “Most active users” ?
When a visitor (logged in or not) rates a post/page, his rating is stored in the database. This chart will show the 10 most active users, displaying the login name if logged in or “Anonymous” otherwise. The shortcode : [yasr_top_ten_active_users]
Wait, wait! Do I need to keep in mind all this shortcode?
If you’re using the new Gutenberg editor, you don’t need at all: just use the blocks.
If, instead, you’re using the classic editor, in the visual tab just click the “Yasr Shortcode” button above the editor
Does it work with caching plugins?
Since version 2.3.0 YASR works with every caching plugin available out there.
In the settings, just select “yes” to “Load results with AJAX”.
YASR has been tested with:
* Wp Super Cache
* LiteSpeed Cache
* Wp Fastest Cache
* Cache Enabler
* Hyper Cache
* Wp Rocket
Why I don’t see stars in google?
Read here and find out how to set up rich snippets.
You can use the Structured Data Testing Tool to validate your pages.
Also read this google announcement.
If you set up everythings fine, in 99% of cases your stars will appear in a week.
If doesn’t, you should work on your seo reputation.
The full changelog can be found in the plugin’s directory. Recent entries:
- FIXED: yasr_visitor_votes readonly didn’t show up if load results with ajax is enabled
- FIXED: missing fragment error if gutenber used
- FIXED: empty tooltip on yasr_visitor_votes
- TWEAKED: Using GET instead of POST when getting rest response
- FIXED: Minor changes
- FIXED: visitor multiset doesn’t allow user to vote in some circumstances
- TWEAKED : minor changes in ajax call for yasr_visitor_votes
- IMPROVED: is now possible to select between “Organization” or “Person” in “Rich snippet options”.
You may need to save again “Publisher name” and “Image Url”
- IMPROVED: code cleanup
- IMPROVED: added Software Application itemType
- IMPROVED: added Organization itemType
- IMPORVED: added reviewBody and description properties
- FIXED: “Your ratings” widget in admin dashboard
- FIXED: “Load results with AJAX” option works with all post types, not the “posts” one
- FIXED: CSS fix in settings pages
- FIXED: minor fix with multiSet
- FIXED: Uncaught TypeError randomly shows up in the browser console
- TWEAKED: removed deprecated multisite function
- TWEAKED: in the settings page, the “custom css” textarea is now a text editor
- TWEAKED: CSS improvement in settings page
- TWEAKED: minor code cleanup
- Code refactor, according to boilerplate standards
- NEW FEATURE: YASR now support all caching plugin available out there.
Just select “yes” at the question “Load results with AJAX” in the settings page.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added itemListElement in recipeInstructions
- TWEAKED: rich snippet are returned only if rating is found
- TWEAKED: Huge Code Refactor
- Minor changes
- FIXED: in the editor screen, if a Multi Set already has ratings, and then try to update only one, all the other
fields where reset
- ENHANCEMENT: rich snippet are returned only if a YASR shortcode is in the post or page
- ENHANCEMENT: changed classes names star-rating and star-value in yasr-star-rating and yasr-star-value. DELETE YOUR BROWSER CACHE
- FIXED: empty schema field can return error on existing post or page.
- FIXED: illegal offset warning
- TWEAKED: in the editor screen, rich snippet info are moved below the editor
- NEW FEATURE: Added new fields for these itemTypes:
- Global identifiers
- Price Valid Until
See credits.txt file