This plugin allows site owners to reshare their content automatically on a schedule to bring new life to existing posts and increase traffic.
|Author:||99 Robots (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.5.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||03-09-2014|
|Total downloads:||8 427|
Click to start download
99 Robots Content Resharer is a powerful marketing automation plugin that automatically shares your content on a pre-defined interval to ensure you stay active on social media, increase your follower count, and generate more inbound traffic. This is the FREE version which provides all the functionality needed for one Twitter account.
Buy the PRO version for more advanced marketing automation across unlimited Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts. Learn more about the Pro version.
The FREE version includes the following features:
- Post to 1 Twitter account – Get the PRO version to post to multiple accounts as well as Facebook and LinkedIn
- Post new or existing content – All your content is eligible to be reshared automatically.
- Custom post schedule – You can determine how often to tweet.
- Share with Images (i.e., featured image) – Get more visibility on Twitter by posting with images.
- Exclude Posts or Categories – Include only evergreen content into your Content Resharer queue.
- Add #hashtags from tags or categories – Increases search results on Twitter with hashtags.
- Custom Post Message – Make your tweets more human by adding custom messages to ensure freshness.
- Custom Position Link / Title – Choose your message structure with links at beginning or end.
- URL Shortener integration (i.e, bitly) – Make more room for content and track clicks with Bitly URL shortener
- Serbian-Croatian by Web Hosting Geeks
This plugin uses Freemius to collect data only if you opt-in to the service. Absolutely nothing will be collected if you choose to opt-out.
What can Content Resharer do for me?
Do you have a lot of posts on your blog and not enough traffic to them? Do you have evergreen content, but don’t want to spend time promoting on Twitter? Wish you can automatically share all your posts at random to your twitter account at pre-defined intervals? With Content Resharer, all of this is possible and more. Simply link your Twitter account to Content Resharer and the plugin will start tweeting your content while you sleep resulting in more followers and increased traffic. Upgrade to Pro to share to Facebook and LinkedIn automatically.
What is an Account?
An account is any Twitter account that you would like Content Resharer to share on. Your content will only be shared to the single account you activate with Content Resharer. Upgrade to Pro to share on unlimited accounts.
What is a Message?
A message is the text you would like to include in the reshare content. When creating a message, the plugin will display a preview of your custom message. Messages are optional as the plugin will use a default message if no custom messages are created. It is highly recommended to create custom messages for posts as that provides a more human aspect to sharing. To further compliment your social media strategy, be sure to share your own unique tweets, retweets, and shareable content to your social media accounts.
How do I edit an account?
On the “Accounts” page, hover over the Account you want to edit and you will see an “Edit” link appear. Click this link and you will be directed to the edit screen for that Account.
What is the Accounts tab?
Under this tab you will be able to name your account and connect a social media account. The name of the account on for this plugin and will not affect your social media account. The “Connect Account” button will connect your social media account to the Content Resharer plugin. This is how we are able to post on your behalf.
What is the General tab?
The settings under this tab are basic settings for the specific account. The most important is the time interval setting which controls how often Content Resharer will share content.
What is the Content tab?
All settings under this tab control the content being shared. You may select your “Hashtag Type”. There are several customization options here which include “First Category”, which allows you to turn the first category that you assigned a post to into a #hashtag. For example, if you write a post about entrepreneurship and you assign it a category “entrepreneurs”, Content Resharer will include #entrepreneur along with the content message and link. “From post custom field” allows to assign a hashtag directly in your post. To find this custom field, go to the bottom right of your post where you will see that you can assign a hashtag.
You may choose to include a link with your post, and if you assign your reshare with a Bitly access token, the reshare will appear with a Bitly link.
If you would like to include a featured image with all posts, just check that option as well.
What is the Filters tab?
These settings are used to determine the amount of days you want a post to be eligible for resharing. For example, if you do not want a post to be reshared until 3 days after it was originally posted, you would put “3” in the “Minimum days for eligibility” box. You may also decide the maximum amount of days that a post is eligible for reshare. For example, if a post was published 10 days ago and you assign a maximum of 10, that means that the post will not be reshared since it has reached its maximum amount of days.
You may also decide which post categories you want to exclude from being reshared. You may also limit Post Types.
How can I customize Content Resharer?
Navigate to the “Content” section under the settings page of Content Resharer. All the settings in this tab control what content will be reshared. Do you want to include a link or an image? Do you want hashtags? Next navigate to the “Filters” section. These settings are used to determine which posts are eligible to be reshared. Do you want to reshare posts with a certain age, or post type, or category? Then a random post is chosen from these qualified posts. After that, the message is added to the content. Either to beginning or end of the content. This would conclude how your content is being created.
How can I share manually?
There is a way to reshare content manually. Go to the “Accounts” submenu page and hover over the account you want to manually reshare. Go to the “Interval” column and hit the “reshare now” link. This will manually reshare content to that account and will not affect the account’s scheduled reshare intervals. This is a great way to test if your account is setup properly.
=2.3.1 = 2020-09-14
* Compatible with WordPress 5.5.1
* FIXED: Fatal Error on Reshare now
* UPDATED: Twitter character count to 280
* Compatible with WordPress 4.9.4
* Refactor the code according to WordPress Coding Standards
* Compatible with WordPress 4.8
* Refactor the code according to WordPress Coding Standards
* UPDATED: Uninstall function
* Minor Updates
* ADDED: Freemius service to help us better understand how to help out our users 🙂
* FIXED: File inclusions
* FIXED: File and folder structure
* UPDATED: Banners and Icons
* UPDATED: Links and readme
* NEW: All new admin settings UI 🙂
* FIXED: Connecting an account sometimes did not work
* ADDED: Show admin notice if WP_Cron is turned off
* FIXED: Compatibility issues with the SocialFans Counter plugin
- UPDATED: Minor stability improvements
- ADDED: Translation to Serbian-Croatian
- UPDATED: Readme file had a bad link
- Decreased the minimum interval to 1 hour
- Moved post link to the end of the tweet
- Re-branded to 99 Robots
- Minor Updates
- Compatible with WordPress 4.1
- Fixed bugs
- Minor bug fixes
- Fixed bug with posting featured image
- Fixed bug with twitter sign in button
- Fixed bug with multisite activation
- Initial release (twitter only)