WP Broadbean is a plugin designed to work alongside the Broadbean Adcourier job post system allowing jobs added to Broadbean to show in your WordPress site. The plugin adds custom post types and taxonomies to allow you to enter jobs into your WordPress site. More importantly it provides an end-point to accept feed data sent by Broadbean and add this as job posts to your site.
|Author:||Highrise Digital (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||5.1|
|WordPress version tested:||5.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||24-07-2014|
|Total downloads:||4 988|
Click to start download
It is a new version, therefore we don’t have any FAQs just yet. Feel free to submit an issue over on the Github repository. We can then turn the popular questions into FAQs on the Wiki.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE BEOFRE UPDATING: WP Broadbean version 3.0 is a major overhaul of the plugin from earlier versions. With this in mind, this version is NOT backward compatible to earlier versions. This means if you are running a version earlier than version 3.0 already, it is crucial that you test the update on a staging or test site before updating to the latest version.
- Deprecated the theme inbox file version located at
wpbb/inbox.phpin the active theme and replaced with
wpbroadbean.phpin the root of the active theme.
- Deprecated the double settings arrays. Settings should now be registered against the
- Adds options footer credit with a link back to plugin authors.
- No longer use the CMB Meta Box framework to provide the job fields on the job edit screen. This framework is no longer supported and therefore this has been removed and replaced with a native meta box solution.
- Newly configured way of storing applications, temporarily whilst notifications are sent and then removed for privacy and security reasons.
- Extensible application form where developers can now make changes to application fields.
- New endpoint URL which no longer uses a query string name and value, but an actual URL. The endpoint for jobs to be posted to is now
- Application forms are now shown on job single page views rather than having a seperate page.
- Added a check for SSL. If your site is not running over SSL (https) a warning message is shown on the settings page.
- Allow users to display a credit to Highrise Digital below each single job post, should they wish the give something back to us!
- Allow the jobs post type to show in the REST API. This means that partial block editor (aka Gutenberg) support is provided. The edit screens now use the new block editor.
- Prepared the plugin for add-ons being released, namely allow add-ons to add settings to different admin menu pages.
- The job post ID is now appended to the jobs permalink slug. This prevents a job having the same URL as a deleted job in the future.
To view the changelog for older versions of the plugin, please visit the Github releases page.