WP Time Capsule does incremental backup – backing up only the changes that happened since previous backup rather the complete site every time.
|Author:||Revmakx (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.9.14|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-11-2014|
|Total downloads:||579 904|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
Backup calendar view - You can view and restore files + database from a calendar view.
Restore specific files - View a list of files that have changed and been backed up and selectively restore them.
Warp back your site in time - You can restore the complete site back to a specific point in time.
One click staging - Set up your staging site in a single click.
Backup Before Update - Configure Auto and Backup Before Updates for your plugins, themes, and core to update automatically on the scheduled time.
Database Encyption - Encrypt your Database backup to add an extra security layer.
Cloning - Use the meta SQL file from your cloud storage to clone/migrate your site to a new location.
Release Date – 17 May 2019
- Improvement: Plugin name is modified now.
Improvement: Amazon and Wasabi are the recommended storage options now.
Fix: No. of Trigger tables count check did not exclude staging tables.
- Fix: Update now button did not trigger backup, even when Always setting is ON, when not on Agency plan.
- Fix: Version mismatch error during WP core update, on multi-site installs.
- Fix: Automatic clearing of wptc_query_recorder table did not work as intended.
- Fix: Complete fix for dropbox api server load error.
Release Date – 17 Apr 2019
Feature: Logout link on plan page.
Improvement: After perform migration using WPTC backup, the site will be set as new.
- Improvement: Removed the replace site option, when a new site is created from clone using other plugins.
- Improvement: Support for new Wasabi endpoints.
- Improvement: Automatic resume of stopped restore process.
- Improvement: Dropbox API calls improved.
Improvement: Automatic clearing of wptc_query_recorder table when it grows for more than a day.
Fix: Trigger table limitation for real-time backups did not consider excluded tables.
- Fix: Update from IWP panel did not work when IWP’s Client plugin branding was ON.
- Fix: Update in staging button was visible even when whitelabel staging restriction is ON.
- Fix: Backup Before Update option was not working as expected.
- Fix: JQuery file upload plugin updated.
- Fix: Migration to other site failed when sql file is more than 5MB.
Release Date – 27 Mar 2019
- Fix: Stop the Backup when Dropbox API limit is reached.
Release Date – 13 Mar 2019
- Fix: Dropbox API increased the server load.
Release Date – 8 Jan 2019
- Fix: Fatal error on multisite staging site.
Release Date – 16 Dec 2018
- Fix: Fatal error on PHP 5.4.
Release Date – 14 Dec 2018
- Feature: Support for Wasabi Cloud Storage.
- Feature: You can configure the initial setup in bulk.
- Feature: WPTC staging plugin will be updated to the latest version automatically.
Feature: Live site white-label settings are applied to your staging site.
Improvement: By default, WP Redis cache plugin files are excluded during the staging creation.
Fix: DB rows per batch limit value didn’t get updated after making the changes.
- Fix: Staging Database tables are not deleted while deleting staging the site.
- Fix: Plugin screenshot settings were hidden in a few scenarios.
Release Date – 5 Dec 2018
- Fix: Metadata backup did not happen when PHP dump is used for DB backup.
Release Date – 8 Nov 2018
- Improvement: Subdomain multisite setup didn’t work for staging.
- Improvement: Staging with modified wp-content folder support.
Improvement: Restore improved for sites with a significant number of DB Tables.
Fix: Backup Before Update button “always” setting not working.
- Fix: Backup Before Update not working when the update is triggered by InfiniteWP.
- Fix: Unwanted triggers will be deleted with this update.
- Fix: Trigger creation problem with table names and column names with a hyphen.
- Fix: Backups will be delayed on few sites when it’s scheduled for 12 AM.
- Fix: Admin notices didn’t come on a few scenarios.
- Fix: Restore improved for 500 error.
- Fix: Bridge restore and migration improved.
- Fix: Issues with the Resume button are fixed.
Release Date – 12 Oct 2018
- Improvement: Multisite restore process revamped.
- Improvement: WP_CACHE is set False by default, during staging (wp-rocket).
- Improvement: Resume mechanism in Restore, Staging, and Staging to live.
- Improvement: WPTC account login is now restricted on child sites.
- Improvement: Support for Dropbox EVH – 365 days revision limit.
Improvement: Excluded user.ini, WP rocket plugin, and Swift performance plugin files during staging.
Fix: Conflicts with Imagify plugin during staging.
- Fix: Conflicts with Convert plus plugin while saving the settings.
- Fix: Staging excludes extensions took from Backup exclude settings.
- Fix: On 12-hour backup, Triggers are not deleted, so the SQL file size increased.
- Fix: Staging exclude tables setting didn’t work correctly.
- Fix: Staging to live breaks image on subdirectory installation.
- Fix: After the restore, Child site is redirected to the network site
- Fix: Updates notification are not coming on the staged site.
- Fix: BBU button was not showing on a few sites and “Backup Always” settings didn’t work.
Release Date – 26 Sep 2018
- Fix: Issues while activating the plugin due to the duplicated folder “trunk”.
Release Date – 25 Sep 2018
- Improvement: Upload handler moved.
Release Date – 7 Sep 2018
- Fix: Plans page radio button did not work.
- Fix: PHP Warning: array_values() expects parameter 1 to be array, object given.
- Fix: A SQL syntax error on table wp_wptc_processed_iterator.
- Improvement: Support for showing general tab on white label settings.
Release Date – 27 Aug 2018
- Fix: DB backup improved.
- Fix: Real-time and 6-hour backup options are disabled when DB tables are large in number.
- Improvement: Support for new plans.
- Improvement: New UI for initial backup.
Release Date – 9 Aug 2018
- Feature: Whitelabel feature has been completely revamped. Now, you can hide/show any specific options on your WPTC plugin.
- Feature: Rollback! You can rollback your plugin/theme update to the nearest previous version.
- Fix: If auto-update list is empty, plugin server communication is broken on a few occasions.
- Fix: Staging login settings not saved.
- Fix: File copying process on staging is improved.
- Fix: Issues with URL changing on a sub-directory installation.
- Fix: Reduced the default file copy count to 200 to minimize the server utilization.
Release Date – 9 Jul 2018
- WordPress org caches the old plugin version. (No File/DB changes)
Release Date – 6 Jul 2018
- Fix: Adding plugins/theme to auto updates was not working.
Release Date – 6 Jul 2018
- Feature: Full support for Multisite Installations.
- Improvement: Support for custom login URL in staging site.
- Improvement: Permalink settings will be changed to default, and the .htaccess file will be rewritten during the staging site creation.
- Improvement: Now, non admin users can view the staging sites.
- Improvement: Added an option to connect your Amazon S3 bucket to WPTC plugin manually for those who are not willing to give full access to WPTC.
- Improvement: Added an option to automatically include any newly installed plugins/themes to auto updates list.
- Improvement: You can now disable the “exclude files more than a specific size” option.
- Fix: Staging site wp-admin page redirecting to the staging site.
- Fix: Compatibility issues with Theme My Login plugin. (login link not working)
- Fix: Error while upgrading from 1.17.x to 1.18.0+ on activity log. Error: v1.18.0 wptc_inc_exc_contents table creation failed.You have an error in your SQL syntax.
Release Date – 18 Jun 2018
- Feature: Migration. Now, you can use your WPTC plugin to migrate your WordPress site from one location to another.
- Feature: Separate Include and Exclude control for Live to staging and Staging to live.
- Feature: WPTC now supports other types of WordPress installations such as rename wp-content, move wp-content outside root directory, install WordPress on sub-directory.
- Improvement: Reduced wptc tables to 8.
- Improvement: Use analyze files as unbuffered queries (restore memory leak for larger sites)
- Improvemnt: Added a new exclude path – uploads/bb-press
- Fix: enable maintenance mode on your live site while doing the restore and copying the changes from your staging to live.
- Fix: On few occasions, vulnerable checks blocked the backup calls.
Release Date – 31 May 2018
- Fix: Staging process will replace all kind of links.
- Fix: Conflict with BulletProof Security.
- Fix: Updraft plus plugin not updating when WP Time Capsule plugin is active.
- Fix: Downloading decrypted database file is not working on few servers.
Release Date – 25 May 2018
- Fix: Syntax error on php v5.4.
Release Date – 25 May 2018
- Feature: Now you can encrypt your WPTC database backups.
- Feature: Fully automated S3 connection to WPTC with more hardened security.
- Feature: 365 days restore points depends on the plan you purchase.
- Improvement: You can select the restore window as per your need.
- Fix: Plugin activation throws an incorrect error if mu-plugin is not created.
- Fix: Backing up a large number of tables caused a few issues like timeout, etc., is fixed.
- Fix: While building the staging site, some links are failed to replace.
- Fix: On few occasions, Staging to live throws 500 error.
Release Date – 04 May 2018
- Improvement: Register WPTC as the must-use plugin.
- Improvement: Removed sentry library from the plugin.
- Improvement: Settings page improved.
- Fix: Restore failed in some scenarios on windows servers.
- Fix: Conflicts with plugins using Amazon PHP SDK.
- Fix: A few JS warnings fixed.
Release Date – 19 Apr 2018
- Fix: Updates check failed on few sites.
Release Date – 18 Apr 2018
- Fix: Plugin server communication failed on few sites while doing the updates check.
- Fix: WPML tables were automatically excluded in backups.
- Fix: Conflict with Advanced Custom Fields plugin.
Release Date – 17 Apr 2018
- Feature: Now WP Time Capsule supports premium plugin & theme backup before updates and auto updates.
- Feature: Now, you can schedule auto updates on your WPTC plugin.
- Improvement: Auto updates flow revamped entirely making auto updates more reliable than ever.
- Improvement: Automatically exclude only failed updates from the Auto-update settings rather than turning off entirely.
- Improvement: Now Backup before and Auto update will retry the failed updates.
- Improvement: Precise error messages on activity log if any updates get flunked.
- Fix: Clicking “stop staging” gave a wrong alert message.
Release Date – 2 Apr 2018
- Improvement: Google Drive upload and cache mechanism wholly rewritten. Now Google Drive backups is 2x faster than before.
- Improvement: Cleared few caches on WPTC tables which will reduce the WPTC tables size for users using Google Drive as their cloud storage.
- Improvement: Now WPTC server will understand your WordPress server configuration automatically and reduces the number of calls hitting your WP server ensuring your server is not overloaded.
- Improvement: Configure Table Query limit via Settings > Backup.
- Improvement: Plan choosing flow improved.
- Improvement: Sweet alert UI changed.
- Fix: Behavioural change in esc_sql() affects v4.3.15 and other few versions.
- Fix: Show Google authentication alert only when the site limit is reached.
- Fix: “Something went wrong” error on login fixed.
Release Date – 14 Mar 2018
- Fix: For some PHP errors, Restore halts during the copy process.
- Fix: Error during restore, “There is not enough free space on your server to restore.”
- Fix: PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered.
- Fix: PHP Warning: rtrim() expects parameter 1 to be a string, array given.
Release Date – 13 Mar 2018
- Improvement: Realtime backup improved flow and realiblity using triggers.
- Fix: The First backup would not work while connecting a new Google Drive account.
Release Date – 6 Mar 2018
- Improvement: Restore process has speeded up
- Fix: Restore breaks when files count is massive.
- Fix: Deleted revisions are incorrectly applied while restoring the site.
Release Date – 21 Feb 2018
- Fix: “A region must be specified when using signature version 4 – set region” error for those who have created bucket on US standard region.
Release Date – 20 Feb 2018
- Improvement: Supports all new Amazon S3 bucket regions.
- Improvement: Instigated Select All button for selecting Auto and Vulns update plugin/theme list.
- Improvement: Login flow improved.
- Improvement: If a folder is not readable, Plugin will automatically add the folder to excludes list and resumes the backup.
- Improvement: Added these extensions .db .ds_store .tmp .log .zip .wpress to default excludes list.
- Improvement: Auto updates combined as a single backup.
- Improvement: Removed temporary connection issue notices on the wp-admin page.
- Improvement: Activity log view improved.
- Improvement: Alert will be given to the user while changing the cloud storage.
- Fix: Appropriate errors will be displayed when staging process fails.
- Fix: ftell() function was throwing warnings on PHP/MySQL dump creation.
- Fix: Issues with Multisite backup and update button.
- Fix: md5_file failed to open stream: No such file or directory warning is fixed.
- Fix: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given warning is fixed.
- Fix: filesize(): stat failed for unreadable files warning is fixed.
- Fix: php_uname() has been disabled for security reasons warning is fixed.
Release Date – 5 Feb 2018
- Feature: Database changes are backed up then and there as it happens.
- Improvement: Real-time backup will only backup the changed database queries.
- Fix: While restoring, database search takes a long time on MySQL v5.5.
Release Date – 29 Jan 2018
- Fix: Incorrect version of files are downloaded on certain scenarios.
Release Date – 24 Jan 2018
- Fix: PHP database dump had some issues in backing up binary and blob data.
- Fix: When Cloud Auth revoked on the plugin, the user is not redirected to the Cloud Auth page.
Release Date – 17 Jan 2018
- Improvement: Bridge restore downloads the latest version of WP Time Capsule.
- Fix: Staging would fail when WP Super cache or WordFence installed.
- Fix: Staging site login link redirects to the wrong URL.
- Fix: If wp-config.php has spaces between database credentials, Staging would fail.
- Fix: WP Time Capsule menu not shown on few multisite installations.
- Fix: Some plugins will not update if there are plugins with the same prefix.
- Fix: Dashboard activity removed on page reload.
- Fix: Improved error messages on update failures.
- Fix: Changed Backup before Manual update options to checkbox.
- Fix: Removed some auto update files.
- Fix: Add warning notice above auto-update settings, if auto updates are disabled in wp-config.php or other plugins.
- Fix: Log all cloud revokes on activity log.
- Fix: Migration alert notice would not work on certain scenarios.
Release Date – 11 Jan 2018
- Feature: Restore to Staging – Test your restores on your staging site.
- Feature: Upload backup data on every scheduled backup. So hereafter you don’t need to worry even when your database is entirely wiped out. All your backup data are safe.
- Feature: Restore your site with WPTC bridge file even when all your site root files and database are deleted.
- Improvement: Files iterator performance improved.
- Improvement: Plugin and Server communication improved.
- Improvement: Login error messages improved.
- Improvement: Send automated email once Cloud storage is full.
- Fix: WPTC throws warnings when the file name has a single quote.
- Fix: Files iterator failed when symbolic link applied to a specific folder and open_basedir is enabled.
- Fix: Connect google drive via IPV4 when IVP6 not set correctly.
- Fix: WordPress admin page loads slowly in browsers on few servers.
- Fix: Site goes blank when curl_multi_exec() is not enabled when using amazon s3.
- Fix: Staging is not working well with unique subdirectory installations.
- Fix: Staging to live not working well on multisite installation
Release Date – 8 Jan 2018
- Fix: Incorrect version of files are downloaded while restoring a backup on specific scenarios for users who came from the plugin version below 1.14.0
- Fix: Restore messages are not displayed appropriately during the restore process.
Release Date – 24 Dec 2017
- Fix: Fixed a bug where it deleted a file which was excluded using file extensions.
Release Date – 21 Dec 2017
- Improvement: Restore flow has been improved for more reliability.
Release Date – 20 Dec 2017
- Improvement: Plugin and server communication is improved.
- Fix: Issues with downloading the purged files from dropbox during the restore process.
Release Date – 14 Dec 2017
- Fix: Scheduled backups got postponed whenever the site was unreachable.
Release Date – 12 Dec 2017
- Fix: Issues with downloading the purged files from cloud during the restore process.
Release Date – 5 Dec 2017
- Fix: State maintenance file would not backup in certain scenarios.
- Fix: Plan selection would show wrong interval for life time users.
Release Date – 29 Nov 2017
- Improvement: Full file system scanning for real-time backups (Changes made outside WordPress also will be backed up)
- Improvement: State maintenance, restore process will never bring back old files again.
- Improvement: Now you can exclude content for specific tables avoid uploading log tables on every backup. (backups up only the structure of that specific table)
- Improvement: Analyze button, Now you can check and take actions for large tables with a single click.
- Improvement: Show all Excluded Files button, Now you can check and take actions for the excluded files in a single click.
- Improvement: Added new log tables to the default exclude list.(excludes only the content)
- Improvement: Now user can define a value to exclude files more than the specified MB.
- Improvement: Added new extensions to the default exclude list to avoid unwanted files getting backed up on the primary backup.
- Fix: Incorrect Vulnerable email alert for WordPress updates.
- Fix: Database esc_sql() function affects the database backup on WordPress sites with version 4.8.3 and above (Thanks to Wim Peters for reporting the issue and providing the fix)
- Fix: Auto update false positive messages in the activity log.
- Fix: Restore downloads wrong file in some cases.
- Fix: Unable to re-auth when Amazon when bucket name is entered incorrectly.
Release Date – 16 Nov 2017
- Fix: Uploading huge files failed in fresh sites in certain cases.
Release Date – 08 Nov 2017
- Feature: Perform updates on staging without performing new staging.
- Improvement: Show processed files count while processing the files.
- Improvement: Auto update improved to eliminate fail cases.
- Improvement: Sending report issue flow improved.
- Improvement: Common settings for pushing the changes from live to staging and staging to live.
- Improvement: Staging settings change takes effect on your staging site immediately.
- Fix: File iteration failed in some instances on the open_basedir enabled server.
- Fix: Sweet alert conflicts with other plugins.
- Fix: Migration alert notice did not close even when the issue is fixed.
- Fix: Plugin database update failed on specific servers.
- Fix: Staging would throw a seeking exception on certain servers.
- Fix: Multiple emails were sent when staging site is completed.
- Fix: Notify backup failures through notices.
Release Date – 1 Nov 2017
- Improvement: New files iterator method to speed up all the processes like Backup, Staging and Restore.
- Improvement: All paths are changed to relative path.
- Improvement: All files with wp_ prefix on the root folder of site will be included by default.
- Improvement: SQL Queries and WPTC table structure optimized to reduce the server load and to speed up Backup and Restore.
- Improvement: Restore flow is changed and unwanted queries are removed to make the Restore process more reliable and faster.
- Improvement: Option to take actions when a site is migrated to a different Domain.
- Improvement: Bridge Restore is greatly improved.
- Improvement: Reduced WPTC service requests.
- Improvement: Staging settings content are improved.
- Fix: Empty Plugins/Themes folders are deleted during Restore.
- Fix: Issues in non UTF-8 files during Backup/Restore on certain servers.
- Fix: Not able to create Log folders on certain servers.
- Fix: Staging huge table cloning was not working on certain servers.
- Fix: SQL shell dump became corrupted in certain cases.
- Fix: json_encode warnings on server having PHP < 5.4.
- Fix: Wrong revision days count was shown in settings for free users.
Release Date – 6 Oct 2017
- Fix: Few unhandled exceptions on Dropbox API are fixed.
Release Date – 26 Sep 2017
- Feature: Real-time backups.
- Improvement: SQL files are compressed to save space on your cloud storage.
- Improvement: Enabled shell availability check before initiating any backup process.
- Improvement: Backups view sorted.
- Improvement: Introduced control backup revisions limit under settings.
- Improvement: Sweet alerts introduced.
- Fix: Few PHP warnings and query duplication warnings are suppressed.
Release Date – 12 Sep 2017
- Fix: Exceptions are thrown on certain servers while fetching Amazon S3 life cycle.
Release Date – 11 Sep 2017
- Feature: 120 days restore points for Amazon S3 and Dropbox.
- Improvement: Plugin and server communication is improved.
- Improvement: Staging requests are changed to Ajax for reliability.
- Fix: Few plugin files are not backed up correctly.
- Fix: Auto update not happening on certain servers.
- Fix: set_time_limit() function causing issues in certain servers.
- Fix: Restore process doesn’t show any PHP related error.
Release Date – 4 Sep 2017
- Fix: Backup would stuck in certain server.
Release Date – 30 Aug 2017
- Improvement: Staging support for sites installed on windows server.
- Fix: Normalize paths on windows servers.
Release Date – 28 Aug 2017
- Fix: Revert live site’s permalink on staging to live process.
Release Date – 28 Aug 2017
- Feature: Push changes made on your staging site to your live site in a single click.
- Feature: Ability to lock your staging site from public view.
- Feature: Customize vulnerability email alert.
- Improvement: Incremental backup and restore for larger sites more reliable and faster.
- Improvement: You will not be logged out from your WPTC account when you deactivate your WPTC plugin.
- Fix: Few files were uploaded to your cloud storage even if it’s selected in the excluded list.
Release Date – 1 Aug 2017
- Fix: Few issues with query parser while restoring the Database backups.
- Fix: Incorrect emails were sent as “Unable to read” for the files which doesn’t exist.
- Fix: Notification email sent for few plugin where no Vulnerability updates are available.
Release Date – 26 Jul 2017
- Improvement: Restore mechanism has been revamped for more reliability.
- Improvement: Communication had been improved, and security patches have been applied.
- Improvement: Any failures in uploading large files will be retried.
- Improvement: wp-salt and gd_config.php will be included by default in the first backup.
- Fix: Rigorous cURL status tests during requirements check.
- Fix: http_build query returns wrong data on few occasions.
- Fix: Staging page becomes empty in rare cases.
- Fix: Calendar page is not displayed correctly when a site name has single quotes.
- Fix: White-labeling is not working well on multisite installations.
- Fix: WPTC Account is logged out automatically from the plugin in a particular scenario.
Release Date – 7 Jul 2017
- Fix: Backup has been getting stuck and never completed for few Dropbox users.
- Fix: Backups will be stopped automatically when Cloud authentication is failed preventing the backup to run endlessly.
Release Date – 27 June 2017
- Fix: Schedule backup wouldn’t run in certain scenarios.
Release Date – 22 June 2017
- Feature: Whitelabling is now available.
- Feature: Vulnerable plugins and WordPress updates are updated automatically.
- Improvement: Updated logo on sub-menu.
- Improvement: Dropbox will show authentication page on adding a Dropbox account on multiple sites.
- Fix: Initial setup requirement check would fail in certain scenarios.
Release Date – 14 June 2017
- Fix: jQuery of WPTC would conflict with other plugins.
Release Date – 13 June 2017
- Improvement: Dropbox SDK migrated to API V2 from API V1.
- Improvement: Settings page has been revamped.
- Improvement: Auto-whitelist WPTC IP in some security plugins installed on your sites.
- Improvement: Old activity log and WPTC database table clean up to run automatically
- Improvement: Checking minimum requirements during WPTC installation.
- Fix: Restore from Google drive would encounter failures in certain scenarios.
- Fix: For certain users, Updating a plugin/theme via InfiniteWP caused issues in WPTC.
- Fix: Other minor fixes.
Release Date – 24 May 2017
- Feature: WP Time Capsule will capture IWP updates now.
- Feature: WP Time Capsule will support Premium Themes and Plugins update now.
- Improvement: Restore flow is improved.
- Improvement: Loading mechanism of our plugin is optimized.
- Improvement: Plugins and Themes updating mechanism is improved and exact error message will be shown if update get failed.
- Improvement: Naming of Backups is improved.
- Improvement: Google analytics files will be included by default.
- Fix: Shell SQL dump threw warning in some servers.
- Fix: Report issue was sent from WP admin email instead of WP Time capsule email.
Release Date – 10 May 2017
- Improvement: PHP-MySQL Dump has been revamped.
- Fix: ZeroClipboard was causing issue in FireFox fixed.
Release Date – 28 Apr 2017
- Fix: Discourage search engines from indexing this site option gets enabled for live sites in certain scenarios.
Release Date – 28 Apr 2017
- Feature: Multisite compatible when staging on same server.
- Feature: Subfolder installations are compatible with staging on same server.
- Feature: Compatibility with Windows Server added.
- Improvement: When staging on same server permalinks are reset to avoid htaccess redirection.
- Improvement: Search engines will no longer index staged sites.
- Improvement: Color of WP admin bar changed to differentiate between live and staging site.
- Improvement: Credentials transfer during bridge restore has been revamped.
- Improvement: Use existing tokens for backing up new sites to Google Drive.
- Improvement: Default backup will now exclude files larger than 2GB.
- Fix: Restore would fail in subfolder WordPress installations.
- Fix: Filenames starting with @ would fail to upload to Dropbox.
- Fix: Database will be uploaded to Dropbox with hash in filename in certain scenarios.
- Fix: Include / Exclude file tree does not work when open_basedir is enabled.
- Fix: Dropbox authentication would fail in certain scenarios.
- Fix: Footer div and settings page of other plugins / themes gets removed in certain scenario.
- Fix: In some servers temp dir fails to create on plugin activation.
- Fix: FTP credentials were shown upon plugin activation for some users.
- Fix: jQuery of WPTC would conflict with other plugins.
- Fix: Site slows down when WPTC is installed.
Release Date – 11 Apr 2017
- Fix: Include/Exclude contents not working in free plan sites.
- Fix: Different server staging completed confirmation email had wrong staging url.
Release Date – 10 Apr 2017
- Improvement: Include/Exclude contents refactored for better performance.
- Improvement: WP Time Capsule plugin files loading optimized.
Release Date – 6 Apr 2017
- Improvement: Users can now control the number of files and db to be copied per loop during staging.
- Fix: Verification of auto-updates fail in certain scenarios.
Release Date – 5 Apr 2017
- Improvement: Auto update failure email will be sent to users.
- Improvement: Emails will be sent when staging on the same server.
- Fix: Files having a size of zero bytes fail to upload to Google Drive.
- Fix: Pop-ups generated via WPTC are not visible when certain themes are applied.
- Fix: Plugin activation throws function ‘admin_notice_on_dashboard’ not found warning.
- Fix: Certain servers were not supporting MySQL dump.
Release Date – 30 Mar 2017
- Improvement : Hashing method improved for faster restores.
- Fix: Serialized links would not update in the internal staging.
- Fix: Htaccess is modified to respect permalinks during staging.
- Fix: Staging folders were created with wrong permission.
- Fix: Activating plugin causes infinite redirects in certain scenarios.
- Fix: AJAX calls were conflicting with some plugins in certain scenarios.
- Fix: Database Dump has been introduced for faster DB backups.
- Fix: Login was not working with special characters in the password.
- Fix: WPTC was throwing some warnings on multisite.
- Fix: Added some cache/log files in the default excluding list.
- Fix: Other minor fixes.
Release Date – 23 Mar 2017
- Fix: Intermittent cURL errors causes the WordPress dashboard to go down.
- Fix: Cloud authentication is revoked when API throws an internal server error.
- Fix: Plugin would not proceed past the initial setup if temp file could not be created.
Release Date – 14 Mar 2017
- Feature : Auto Update Plugin/Theme manager launched.
- Feature : Stage an Update launched.
- Feature : Staging is now possible in the same server as the live site.
- Improvement : Backup before update has been fully reconfigured.
- Improvement : Progress bar is redesigned to reduce CPU overload.
- Improvement : Admin status bar with backup status has been removed.
- Fix : The plugin was conflicting with buddypress on earlier versions.
- Fix : Backup before update was affecting wordpress core functionalites.
Release Date – 16 Feb 2017
- Improvement : Revisioning system is modified to ensure plugin doesn’t backup data older than 30 days.
- Improvement : Old data revisions will be deleted from the database to free up space.
- Fix : Dropbox was conflicting with other plugins.
- Fix : Scheduled backup timing was configured incorrectly on certain servers.
- Fix : Files having a size of zero bytes would not be backed up.
- Fix : Backup before update model pop up would show during plugin installation instead of plugin update.
- Fix : Translation updates would fail during the backup.
- Fix : Dropbox authentication would fail on some servers.
- Fix : While staging sites, changing db prefix would fail or not update correctly.
- Fix : While staging sites on the same server, the staging process would fail.
- Fix : While staging sites, metadata upload would fail for larger sites.
Release Date – 23 Jan 2017
- Fix : Creating temp directory was unsuccessful in certain scenarios.
Release Date – 20 Jan 2017
- Feature : Introduced Staging, Now you can clone your wordpress site right from the WP Time Capsule plugin.
- Fix : When installing plugin from wordpress dashboard, the dialog box for “Backup before updates” was triggered.
- Fix : Updating WP Time Capsule plugin from third party services did not work as expected.
Release Date – 9 Jan 2017
- Fix : Restore did not start in certain scenario.
Release Date – 9 Jan 2017
- Feature : Introduced Backup Before Update which backs up your site automatically before each update.
- Fix : If the WPTC plugin is updated when a current backup is running, the backup gets stalled.
- Fix : Users were unable to see the Restore pop-up while restoring their sites.
- Fix : For certain users, uploading files to Amazon S3 would encounter failures.
- Fix : When open_basedir is enabled, CURL calls throw warnings.
Release Date – 22 Nov 2016
- Improvement : Improved Hashing for tracking file changes.
- Improvement : New files and folders are included in default exclude files list.
- Improvement : Error reporting has been improved.
- Fix : Excluding default cache files would stuck in certain scenarios for larger sites.
- Fix : Memory leak during backup is handled.
- Fix : Getting wrong home dir in exclude/include file tree.
Release Date – 9 Nov 2016
- Fix: Plugin doesn’t work for WordPress sites running PHP version lower than 5.4
Release Date – 7 Nov 2016
- Improvement : Plugin-Server communication method had been improved and security patches have been applied.
- Improvement : Backups have been optimized to ensure files are handled better.
- Improvement: Added a few cache files and folders to the default exclude list.
- Fix : Restore would fail while creating recursive folders. (Thanks to Donna Cavalier for helping us fix this issue)
- Fix : Data for revisions of files larger than 5MB was logged incorrectly in the db.
- Fix : File monitor would generate incorrect results for certain scenarios and logging has been improved.
- Fix : Anonymous data was set to ON by default. (We respect our user’s privacy, thanks to M Asif Rahman for bringing this to our notice)
Release Date – 27 Oct 2016
- Improvement : Calendar page showing backups is much responsive for smaller screens than before.
- Improvement : Calendar page now shows restore points instead of backup count for better understanding.
- Improvement : Initial setup flow and UI has been revamped.
- Fix : Backup wouldn’t run when files didn’t have sufficient read permissions. (Thanks to Pierre Sudarovich and Dennis Spengler for helping us fix this error)
- Fix : In certain scenarios while including or excluding files, the file size would be incorrect.
- Fix : Expanding the file tree when including or excluding files would display a load error. (Thanks to Pierre Sudarovich and Piet Bos for helping us fix this error)
- Fix : MySQL warning would be generated in certain scenarios. (Thanks to Doug Rider for helping us fix this error)
- Fix : Non Admin users were able to view the backup status on the Admin bar earlier.
Release Date – 7 Oct 2016
- Feature : File Change Monitor – When one or more files get backed up continuously during 3 consecutive backups, you will be notified of such activity.
- Improvement : Plugin compatibility for new and improved Dashboard
- Improvement : Files and database can be included / excluded before initiating first backup.
- Improvement : File and database size will be shown for included items.
- Improvement : Sitemap.xml and Favicon.ico files will be backed up along with default files.
- Fix : SSL communication issues with cURL has been fixed.
- Fix : The server would ping the sites for backup even after being deactivated.
- Fix : WP-Content folder was excluded by default in certain scenarios.
- Fix : Backups would get stuck midway due to conflict with some excluded files.
Release Date – 16 Sep 2016
- Fix : Before scheduling the backup time and timezone, the backup would get started on Google Drive and Dropbox.
Release Date – 16 Sep 2016
- Improvement : Plugin will now support Network Admin mode.
- Improvement : Restore mechanism will now ignore warnings.
- Fix : Exclude / Include option did not work well for new files in certain scenarios.
- Fix : There were memory leaks while showing the backup status.
- Fix : Schedule backup was not happening in certain scenarios.
Release Date – 6 Sep 2016
- Fix : The default excluded files would get backed up in certain scenarios.
Release Date – 6 Sep 2016
- Improvement : Customized wp-content folder is now supported.
- Improvement : Backup stuck during a scheduled backup will be smartly removed.
- Improvement : Performance enhancement for Exclude/Include file and folder operations.
- Fix : Exclude/Include file tree would get stuck when the file has insufficient permissions.
- Fix : Backup would freeze when a table is removed from the database during the backup.
- Fix : When Visiting Site from WP Dashboard, checking backup status indicator remains static.
- Fix : Certain files when specifically included in the backup do not get backed up.
Release Date – 24 Aug 2016
- Improvement : Notification is shown when the minimum PHP requirement is not met for cloud repositories.
- Fix : The status bar would show incorrect backup tables count in certain scenarios.
- Fix : Few tables were missing from the database backup in earlier versions.
- Fix : If a new table gets added to the database during backup, the backup would get stuck midway.
- Fix : Google drive would conflict with other plugins using the same files / library as WPTC.
Release Date – 18 Aug 2016
- Improvement : Plugin-Server communication method had been changes to make backups reliable than before.
- Improvement : Backups stuck midway will be cleared in the subsequent scheduled backup call.
- Improvement : If the site goes unreachable during backup, it can be manually resumed from the Settings menu.
- Improvement : Plugin authentication mechanism has been improved.
- Fix : Bridge restore file would show incorrect backup date in earlier versions.
Release Date – 9 Aug 2016
- Improvement : Metadata is backed up only when the plugin needs it.
- Improvement : Schedule backup time zone will be auto-populated from time zone set on the WordPress site for new users.
- Improvement : Notice message for communication failure between Plugin and server has been updated.
- Improvement : Security patches have been applied for sites backed up to Amazon S3 storage.
- Fix : Activity log was showing incorrect schedule time for backups.
- Fix : During a backup, the plugin would check for database changes before every call which is unwanted.
- Fix : Files having size greater than 2GB could not be uploaded to Google Drive in certain scenarios.
Release Date – 4 Aug 2016
- Feature: File Tree view is now available when Including & Excluding files and folders.
- Feature: You can now include and exclude WordPress tables from backups.
- Improvement : The plugin will backup only the WordPress core files, folders & tables by default.
Release Date – 22 Jul 2016
- Improvement : Restore operation will be retried when some exceptions occur.
- Improvement : Plugin and server communication has been improved for restore operation.
- Improvement : Memory optimization is done to avoid memory leak during restore.
- Fix : Dropbox had compatibility issues with servers running PHP 7.
- Fix : Plugin authorization with Dropbox was failing intermittently.
- Fix : Scheduled backups taken on a particular day would show the previous day on the calendar.
- Fix : Scheduled and manual backups were not working after a failed restore operation.
- Fix : Backups would get stuck on 100% due to file permission issues on the plugin.
- Fix : Exclusion of files and folders was not working on some servers.
- Fix : Restore process popup would throw a 404 error out of nowhere.
Release Date – 15 Jul 2016
- Fix : Incorrect data was being sent during the restore process.
Release Date – 15 Jul 2016
- Improvement : Communication between plugin and the server has been greatly improved.
- Fix : Email gets triggered twice on certain scenarios
- Fix : If a backup is stopped manually before completion, a first backup completed email is triggered
- Fix : A backup is stopped when any changes are made on the settings menu.
Release Date – 5 Jul 2016
- Fix : Progress would get stalled in the middle of a backup.
Release Date – 4 Jul 2016
- Improvement: Cron code has been changed to make Cron more reliable than before.
Release Date – 29 Jun 2016
- Improvement: Backup time for Google Drive has been greatly reduced.
- Fix: Earlier version had a few SQL backup bugs.
Release Date – 23 Jun 2016
- Improvement: Migrated from WordPress cron service to custom WP Time Capsule cron service.
- Improvement: Confirmation pop up before performing restore.
- Improvement: Backup Stability has been improved.
- Improvement: Initial Setup has been improved.
- Improvement: Minor UI changes, bug fixes and improvements
Release Date – 9 Jun 2016
- Improvement: Smarter system implemented for AJAX calls to reduce frequent calls.
- Improvement: Lazy load implemented for the activity log and overall loading time improved.
- Improvement: Status bar will now show the last successful backup time.
- Improvement: During backup, the status bar will now show the file count in process.
- Improvement: Users will now be able to exclude files and schedule backup time on initial setup itself.
- Improvement: Error messages shown in the Amazon S3 UI have been improved.
- Improvement: Minor bugs have been fixed to improve the overall UI.
- Fix: Existing backup data would not get deleted when authorizing a different account within the same cloud service.
- Fix: Backups would stop midway due to fatal errors on other third party plugins.
- Fix: During backup, the status bar was showing incorrect data during DB sync for some users.
- Fix: Error messages were not displayed during restore via bridge file.
- Fix: The bridge file restore process would get stuck when temp folder was missing.
- Fix: Backups older than 30 days were not automatically deleted.
Release Date – 19 May 2016
- Fix: Error messages populated by Amazon S3 would show multiple times.
- Fix: Scheduled backups would get stuck randomly when the WP site is not kept open.
Release Date – 13 May 2016
- Improvement: Scheduled backup is the default backup option replacing auto-backup.
- Improvement: File and folder exclusions are possible during backup.
- Improvement: Lazy load has been implemented in the Calendar View.
- Improvement: Restore Method has been optimized for low memory consumption.
- Improvement: Cron is faster than before with reduced interval times.
- Improvement: Users will be notified of errors encountered during backups via email.
- Improvement: Backups disconnected midway can be continued from the same point using a link sent via email.
- Improvement: Progress details for DB is shown during DB backups instead of overall progress.
- Improvement: Metadata of backups is now stored in the Cloud.
- Improvement: Google Oauth is improved, Users can use their email to connect to Google Drive.
- Fix: Minor bug fixes to improve speed and accuracy of backups.
Release Date – 28 Apr 2016
- Fix: A Memory leak was found.
Release Date – 25 Apr 2016
- Improvement: Auto backup will not scan all files, instead it will look for Media file changes, Database changes and Plugin & Theme changes.
- Improvement: Backup Method optimized for low memory consumption.
- Improvement: Backup process now exculdes few other backup plugins’ backups.
Release Date – 23 Feb 2016
- Fix: Auto backup halted if the plugin was updated when a backup was running.
Release Date – 22 Feb 2016
- Improvement: CPU usage optimized.
- Fix: More than one backup process was triggered by cron at the same time.
- Fix: Backup calls were running for a long period without closing on timeout.
Release Date – 18 Feb 2016
- Fix: “Expecting a file upload” error for PHP 5.6 and above.
Release Date – 16 Feb 2016
- Fix: Specified key was too long bug.
Release Date – 12 Feb 2016
- Improvement: Support for Amazon S3.
- Improvement: We have used WordPress default collation for creating new db tables.
Release Date – 5 Feb 2016
- Fix: Stopping a running backup by clicking Stop Backup link in Settings page disabled the cron.
- Fix: Removing a site from account page removed the cron from the server, but didn’t get re-enabled when logging in the plugin.
- Fix: When logged out and in from the plugin, cron got registered two or more times.
- Fix: Google Drive error didn’t get removed.
- Improvement: Improved calendar view.
- Improvement: Displaying last sync’d time when hovering over “Backups are up to date” in admin bar.
Release Date – 1 Feb 2016
- Improvement: Support for Google Drive.
- Improvement: Backups are now fully automated. All changes are continuously backed up.
- Improvement: During the initial backup, the plugin screen is not blocked now. You can close the tab. We will email you once the backup is done.
- Fix: Bug fixes
Release Date – 13 May 2015
- Improvement: UI improvements
- Fix: Bug fixes
Release Date – 27 Apr 2015
- Beta release
Release Date – 1 Jan 2015
- Feature: Backup scheduling added
- Improvement: Report sending added
- Improvement: Activity log added
- Improvement: UI improvements
- Fix: Bug fixes
Release Date – 08 Dec 2014
- Improvement: Background backup process
- Fix: Bug fixes
Release Date – 11 Nov 2014
- Initial release.