This plugin is designed to easily manage and display your photo albums and slideshows in a single as well as in a network WordPress site and
|Author:||J.N. Breetvelt a.k.a. OpaJaap (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.9|
|WordPress version tested:||5.1.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||03-02-2010|
|Total downloads:||2 374 425|
|Active installs:||20 000+|
Click to start download
Typical display of album covers
Comment admin and moderation screen
Photo of the day configuration screen
Embedded lightbox example
The quick setup screen
Typical display of thumbnails as seen by the owner of the photos and the administrator
Upper part of a slideshow
Lower part of a slideshow, including filmstrip, rating and comment sections and exif data. all included optional features
Album admin: the table of albums
Album admin: the album specifications edit screen
Album admin: edit photo information screen
Bulk edit photo information screen
Photo sequence editor screen
What do i have to do when converting to multisite?
Which other plugins do you recommend to use with WPPA+, and which not?
- Recommended plugins: qTranslate, Comet Cache, Cube Points, Simple Cart & Buy Now.
- Plugins that break up WPPA+: My Live Signature.
- Google Analytics for WordPress will break the slideshow in most cases when Track outbound clicks & downloads: has been checked in its configuration.
Which themes have problems with wppa+ ?
- Photocrati has a problem with the wppa+ embedded lightbox when using page templates with sidebar.
Are there special requirements for responsive (mobile) themes?
- No, WPPA+ is responsive by default
After update, many things seem to go wrong
- After an update, always clear your browser cache (CTRL+F5) and clear your temp internetfiles, this will ensure the new versions of js files will be loaded.
- And – most important – if you use a server side caching program (like W3 Total Cache) clear its cache.
- Make sure any minifying plugin (like W3 Total Cache) is also reset to make sure the new version files are used.
- Visit the Photo Albums -> Settings page -> Table VIII-A1 and press Do it!
- When upload fails after an upgrade, one or more columns may be added to one of the db tables. In rare cases this may have been failed.
Unfortunately this is hard to determine.
If this happens, make sure (ask your hosting provider) that you have all the rights to modify db tables and run action Table VII-A1 again.
How does the search widget work?
- See the documentation on the WPPA+ Docs & Demos site: https://wppa.nl/docs-by-subject/search/regular-search/
How can i translate the plugin into my language?
- See the translators handbook: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/
- Here is the polyglot page for this plugin: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/wp-photo-album-plus
How do i install a hotfix?
- See the documentation on the WPPA+ Docs & Demos site: https://wppa.nl/docs-by-subject/development-version/