|Author:||Elliott Back (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.9.2|
|WordPress version tested:||3.0.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||22-12-2004|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||229 767|
|Active installs:||7 000+|
Click to start download
No More Spam
You can read more at the WP Hashcash plugin page. WP Hashcash is 100% GPL compatible.
- Blocks all comment spam, but not real comments
- Also prevents most trackback / pingback spam
- Also protects signup pages for WordPress (WP), BuddyPress (BP), and WordPress Multi-User (WPMU)
- Widget support to display spam statistics and edit the configuration
- Works with IE, Firefox, and Safari
- 100% standards compliant XHTML 1.1, works with jQuery and Prototype
- Tested with Wordpres 2, Firefox, Safari, IE, and Chrome
- Akismet compatibility
WP Hashcash relies on the presence of two hooks in your theme,
comment_form. If your theme doesn't include these actions, you will need to add them immediately before the end head and end form tags respectively.
To install WP Hashcash, please download the plugin and unzip it, then copy the wp-hashcash.php file to wp-content/plugins. Activate the plugin and drag into your Widgetized sidebar for public statistics, or visit Options, WP Hashcash from the admin panel to configure options.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of WP-Hashcash, please disabled the plugin, then delete its files entirely. Then, upload the latest plugin files and activate!
- Removed links from the blog linking back to Hashcash homepage to comply with WordPress.org plugin guidelines. Props Ryan Hellyer.
- Support clean interoperation with jQuery and Prototype
- Protect BuddyPress (BP) signup pages
- Admin users can now comment from Dashboard
- Tested on WP 2.9.2 in Chrome, IE, and FF
- Fix a potential JS error
- Added a new options page under Options, WordPress Hashcash
- Fixed XHTML standards compliance
- Added validation options for pingbacks and trackbacks (stolen from here)
- Added a logging option for moderated comments
- Added an option for handling comments via moderation, the akismet queue, or deletion
- Removed database dependencies
- Removed error message for hash fail
- Corrected the widget formatting
- Changed zip file format from winrar to 7zip, hopefully it will be more compatible
- Removed version checking
- Removed an unnecessary link element in the head section
- Suppress errors on loading remote version by any method
- Fix typo-bugs everywhere affecting the widget reporting, date checking, etc
- Strip tags from remote version
- Try various methods to get remote version, ignore if we can’t open sockets