Future upgrades to Wickett Twitter Widget will only be available in Jetpack. Jetpack connects your blog to the WordPress.com cloud, enabling awesome f
|Author:||Automattic Inc. (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.8|
|WordPress version tested:||3.2.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||30-06-2009|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||342 656|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
Display the latest Tweets from your Twitter accounts inside WordPress widgets. Customize Tweet displays using your site or theme CSS.
Customize the number of tweets displayed. Filter out @replies from your displayed tweets. Optionally include retweets. The widget plugin automatically links usernames, lists, and hashtags mentioned in Tweets to keep your readers on top of the full conversation.
Enter your Twitter username, customize your widget title, set the total number of tweets, hide replies, and customize text display in your widget editor.
Latest tweets display.
- Upload wickett-twitter-widget.php to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add the widget to your sidebar from Appearance->Widgets and configure the widget options.
Can multiple instances of the widget be used?
Can private Twitter accounts be used?
No. The widget does not support authenticated requests for private data.
I see less than the requested number of Tweets displayed
Twitter may return less than the requested number of Tweets if the requested account has a high number of @replies in its user timeline.
- Add notices to upgrade to Jetpack for further updates.
- Support display of retweets via widget configuration option.
- Remove type hinting for broader compatibility with PHP versions.
- Compatible with Snowflake, Twitter’s new message id system
- New Twitter URI structure accepted as username input
- Improved linking of usernames, lists, and hashtags. Now uses Twitter official regex.
- Filter replies on the server-side. Improves total bytes over wire.
- Rename time_since function to avoid conflicts with other plugins
- Initial version