Stores Twitter username together with comments and replaces gravatar with twitter avatar.
|Author:||Sudar (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.8|
|WordPress version tested:||3.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||15-03-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||9 944|
Click to start download
Twitter avatar reloaded Plugin adds a new field to the comment form to get the user's Twitter username and stores it together with comments and using it replaces gravatar with twitter avatar when the comment is displayed.
This Plugin works seamlessly and you don't need to edit your theme files to add the new field to the comment form. It automatically adds it when activated.
Note: Because of the changes in the way Twitter API works, from v2.0 of the plugin you need to create a twitter app and provide the access key and token. Refer to the installation instructions to find out how to do this
This Plugin provides 7 template functions which you can use in your theme to customize the way the comment author's twitter id/profile should be displayed.
get_comment_author_twitter_id($comment_id)- Get the Twitter id of the comment author
comment_author_twitter_id($comment_id)- Print the Twitter id of the comment author
get_comment_author_twitter_url($comment_id)- Get the Twitter profile url of the comment author
comment_author_twitter_url($comment_id)- Print the Twitter url of the comment author
get_comment_author_twitter_profile_image($comment_id)- Get the twitter profile image url of the comment author
comment_author_twitter_profile_image($comment_id)- Print the twitter profile image url of the comment author
get_twitter_profile_image($twitter_username)- Get the twitter profile image of a user using twitter id
Styling using CSS
By default the Plugin uses the class
comment-form-twitter for the new twitter field. You can add CSS to that field or you can change the class in the Plugins setting page.
If you are not familiar with either git or Github then refer to this guide to see how fork and send pull request.
- If you have found a bug/issue or have a feature request, then post them in github issues
- If you have a question about usage or need help to troubleshoot, then post in WordPress forums or leave a comment in Plugins's home page
- If you like the Plugin, then kindly leave a review/feedback at WordPress repo page.
- If you find this Plugin useful or and wanted to say thank you, then there are ways to make me happy 🙂 and I would really appreciate if you can do one of those.
- Checkout other WordPress Plugins that I have released.
- If anything else, then contact me in twitter.
v2.0.1 (2014-07-12) (Dev time: 1 hours)
- Fix: Fixed a critical error introduced in v2.0
v2.0 (2014-07-12) (Dev time: 3 hours)
- New: Add wp-twitter-api library to use new version of Twitter API
v1.4.4 (2014-01-21) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Fix: Fix undefined warnings
- Tweak: Make UI compatible with WordPress 3.8
v1.4.3 (2013-05-15) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added translation support for Gujarati
v1.4.2 (2012-11-07) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added translation support for Irish
v1.4.1 (2012-10-28) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added Serbian translations
v1.4 (2012-06-12) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added array_key_exists() function check to remove notices (Johannes Freudendahl)
- Added Hindi translations (Love Chandel)
v1.3 (2012-04-26) (Dev time: 8 hours)
- Rewrote the way comment field was handled.
- Rewrote the way the Twitter profile image was retrieved.
- Started storing the Twitter profile image url in comment meta
- Revamped the admin UI
- Added Lithuanian translations
- Added Bulgarian translations.
- Added French translations.
- Using transient api for storing cache and also improve performance
- Added German translations
- Added template functions to display Comment author twitter id and profile url
- Added Dutch translations
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translations
- Added support for registered users
- Ability to configure Twitter field label.
- Added translation for Hebrew (Thanks Sagive)
- Proper alignment of the Twitter Username field
- first version