Added Token of Trust embeddable widgets and shortcodes.
|Author:||Token of Trust (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||5.4.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||22-06-2017|
|Total downloads:||6 191|
Click to start download
Verify people creating new accounts and transacting on your website without hassle. Whether you need to prevent fraud, verify age, or meet KYC and AML compliance guidelines, you can quickly and easily add identity verification by Token of Trust to ensure your website is accepting orders from verified customers and restricting membership sites to participation from verified users. For full details see Token of Trust’s WordPress Integration Options and Scenarios.
This plugin connects your WordPress site with Token of Trust’s robust identity verification platform. To use this plugin with live users, you will need an active subscription with Token of Trust but you can get started today in test-mode by getting a license key from Token of Trust. When you’re ready to go live, a Token of Trust verification expert will help you find the best configuration to fit your needs.
- Fast-track for repeat customers – makes it faster and easier for them and you save money on repeat verifications!
- Stand-alone web portal – launch now and run ad-hoc verifications to protect your riskiest orders today.
- Supports specialized integrations – for WooCommerce, Ultimate Member and BuddyPress.
- Supports a wide range of verifications – age verification, SMS/phone Verification, KYC, AML, Email Verification, Proof of Address, Electronic ID verification, Government Issued ID Capture and Verification, Selfie Capture and verification and Online Activity Verification (Facebook, LinkedIn, Paypal).
- Supporting for whitelisting – if you’re switching from another platform and want to make sure you don’t have to re-verify 1000s of people again.
- Mobile responsive design – means it works flawlessly on smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
- Integrated workflows – are by users quickly and easily without leaving your site.
- Support for GDPR and CCPA – helps to ensure you don’t have to touch personal data to makes compliance easy for your team.
- Supports multilingual and internationalization – to ensure you can maximize your websites reach.
- Access to the Top Rated Token of Trust Identity Verification, Age Verification and Fraud Prevention platform. It is constantly evolving so you’re up to date with the latest identity verification technologies.
- Customizable workflows to fit your evolving verification and compliance needs – new verification no longer require additional development work.
- Online Activity Verification – across Facebook, LinkedIn and, PayPal, can be used as a quick check to fight fraud.
- Support auditing by viewing recent verification activity.
- Verification summary for sharing on user profiles to give users confidence that they’re dealing with other reputable members.
- Reputation Reports to give your team actionable details about what users have been able to prove and what to be careful about.
- Manually approve users when you need to with our Approve Users feature.
- Automation for Order Approvals – when your backend team is confident that they know which orders to pass and which orders to inspect you can level up your team’s efficiency.
HOW DOES THIS PLUGIN WORK?
- The plugin guides users through your verification process without leaving your web-page. (Please note that social verifications do require departure from your site if enabled).
- We verify the user and take care of the sensitive personal information – it never hits your site.
- Depending upon your configuration, plan and the verification results users can be automatically or manually approved.
- When the verification process is complete, the Token of Trust platform creates a reputation report that displays a verification summary that can be used by administrators or shared on member profiles to support decision-making. The reputation report can be accessed visually or via Token of Trust’s API to support automation.
USING TOKEN OF TRUST WITH WOOCOMMERCE
WooCommerce support is currently in private beta. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to participate.
Token of Trust can be configured with WooCommerce to verify customers in the checkout process in any of 3 ways:
- for all products
- for products within certain categories or with certain tags
- for carts over a configurable dollar amount
This allows you to apply age verification, anti-fraud and compliance measures only where you really need them.
USING TOKEN OF TRUST WITH MEMBER MANAGEMENT PLUGINS
The Token of Trust plugin for WordPress works best alongside member management plugins that establish user profiles and account settings pages within WordPress. The member management plugins we currently support without advanced configurations are:
- Ultimate Member
- For those who are more ambitious, shortcodes are available for advanced WordPress integrations.
See Token of Trust’s WordPress Integration options and scenarios or Contact Us for details on all the ways you can use Token of Trust with WordPress or contact email@example.com with questions.
Token of Trust has been translated into the following languages:
- English (US)
- Spanish (Mexico)
WE LOVE FEEDBACK
We’re on a mission to help people make safe and smart decisions online. If you have an idea for how we can improve our plugin or platform, Send us a Message
The 'account connector' is an embeddable component that invokes the Token of Trust verification workflow. The 'reputation summary' is an embeddable component that represent the current state of verification for a given user.
The Token of Trust Identity Verification Plugin for WordPress works with WordPress core and also has deeper integrations with select WordPress Member Management Plugins.
The Token of Trust settings page is where website admins can enter their License Key and check the integration status with the Token of Trust Platform.
Is Token of Trust compliant with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
Yes, Token of Trust maintains compliance with GDPR as a “Data Processor”. You may request Token of Trust’s Data Processing Addendum (DPA) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to create a Token of Trust account before using this plugin?
Yes. This is plugin connects your Token of Trust account to your WordPress site using a license key and requires that you create a Token of Trust account to get started. A credit card is not required to try it out. All Token of Trust accounts start in test-mode, allowing free testing without affecting your live data. You can switch from test-mode to live-mode whenever you’re ready for launch.
Does Token of Trust support age verification?
Yes. Token of Trust is capable of confirming a person’s identity, determining their age, and checking if they’re above a minimum age. Token of Trust can support websites with minimum age requirements. This may apply to e-commerce merchants selling age-restricted products, such as alcohol, tobacco and firearms. Visit Token of Trust’s Age Verification page to learn more.
Does Token of Trust verify government-issued photo IDs like a Passport?
Yes. Official government IDs like a Passport or National ID Card can be captured and analyzed within Token of Trust’s verification workflow. Not all types of identity documents are accepted everywhere. For example, Student IDs are not an accepted document type in any country, but government-issued Drivers Licenses are accepted in select countries. Check our website for more information about our Real World Verification. If you have questions about a specific document type, please email email@example.com.
Does Token of Trust verify my users’ social identity?
Yes. Once your Token of Trust account is setup and connected to your WordPress plugin, your site can verify customer social identities and display the level of verification on their profile.
Can I choose where verification displays for an advanced or custom application?
What integrations do you support for building communities, marketplaces and other types of member management?
- Ultimate Member
What factors contribute to a member’s identity verification?
Token of Trust verification looks at a variety of attributes across multiple social networks and real world IDs like driver’s licenses. Some attributes include:
- Account age
- Activity location, geo tags and meta other meta data
- Age verification
- Name verification
- Social fraud network scans
- Government fraud lists
- ID property consistency and security features
- Electronic ID Verification (eIDV)
Can I run Token of Trust from localhost?
Yes we currently support running from any of the following localhost ports with our test keys: 80, 443, 3000, 3001, 3443, 7888, 8000, 8080, 8888, 32080, 32443, or 33080.
The Token of Trust plugin automatically detects when you’re running on localhost so no configuration change is required – your Live Site always remains your production site.
- Added filter for tot_verification_gates_rejected_block.
- Updated version of php supported to require version 7.2+.
- Some translation updates.
- Added spanish and french translations to plugin.
- Fixed an issue where white-listed users were being challenged to get verified.
- Fixed an issue where repeat customers moved into ready for review rather than processing.
- Fixed an issue where age verified orders requiring fallback and configured for admin review didn’t move into ready for review.
- Added ‘Ready for Review’ status to allow admins to distinguish orders waiting for customers to those that are ready for them.
- Approved orders are automatically moved into Processing.
- Added ‘authorization’ as query parameter for webhook to improve chances for our webhooks to make it through proxies.
- Tested on WordPress 5.4.1.
- Fixed an error on initial install and an extra log in the debug.log that shouldn’t be on unless our debug setting is on.
- White listed orders should not be moved into Awaiting Verification.
- Added ability to require verifications for only certain payment_methods.
- Fixes for webhooks.
- Moved post-payment processing to pending instead. Fixes an issue with Square post processing payments.
- Temp fix for an SSL Cert issue.
- Non-functional – remove debug statement.
- Fixed situation where Verification required was showing up on receipts and in orders even when disabled.
- Added Verification Gates allowing integrators to use TOT to guard whatever pages they want. Guarded pages are redirected to a ‘Verification Required’ page which can be customized as desired.
- Added the ability to turn on verification for live site testing within single session.
- Introduced new algorithm for calc of appUserid so that movement from portal to WP integration is seamless.
- Fixed a problem with WooCommerce 4.x where the verification modal fails to popup.
- Fix an issue where keys can get messed up when live mode is not turned on.
- Improve logging when tot_test_mode is turned on.
- Full support for whitelisting – allows bypass of Token of Trust for pre-verified users.
- Much better detection of api connectivity problems and determination of live vs test modes.
- Fixed an issue where webhooks do not cause order to be marked verified when payment is not yet complete.
- Added logic to allow vendor approval to mean that an item is age verified – allowing orders to be moved into processing when marked approved.
- Re-enabled user columns in woo commerce to support account based users.
- Update links and clarify getting started workflow.
- Updated copy to reflect new features.
- Added support to View Documents from Reputation Summary for those doing Vendor Review.
- API updates
- WooCommerce order detail summary
- WooCommerce order document review
- Additional webhooks
- Enhancement to admin order management
- Enhancement for guest checkout orders
- Bug fix for API responses
- Enhancement to verification data
- Hook and settings enhancements
- Automated workflow for verification results
- Verification summary on WooCommerce order detail page
- Hook and settings enhancements
- Woocommerce receipt page notifications
- Adding filters for verification data
- Webhook enhancements
- Woocommerce order automation for age verification
- Webhook support
- Enhanced settings
- Bug fixes
- WordPress 5.2.1 support
- Add support for WooCommerce
- Add age verification features
- Copy updates.
- WordPress 5.0.1 support
- Override Token of Trust verification status with WordPress administrator’s approval decision
- Better live mode detection
- Simplify live mode process and settings screens
- Add action hook for sending additional
appDatato Token of Trust set connection end point
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Updated user connection and additional information with API
- Automatically assign roles when user approval status changes
- Better handling of live/testing domains
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Adding user approval (whitelist)
- Updating email confirmation display
- Enhanced control over test mode.
- Compatibility with php < 5.5
- Updated account management links and references.
- Adding support for Ultimate Member 2.
- Testing against recent WordPress and BuddyPress versions.
- Adding ability to report abuse to WordPress administrators.
- Added setting to automatically add this to UltimateMember and BuddyPress.
- Added ability for administrators to submit a report from the WordPress admin user screens.
- Added UltimateMember and BuddyPress settings.
- Added verified indicator and account connector to UltimateMember accounts page
- Updated debugging
- Clarified description.
- Tested against 4.9.1.
- Added email verification feature.
- Added ‘Getting Started’.
- Show when not verified on Users Admin tab.
- Adding not verified state to verifiedIndicator widget short code
- Automatic SSL configuration
- Minor fixes including live mode domains
For the earlier versions, please see the separate changelog.txt file.