Fancy Gallery associates linked images and galleries with the jQuery Fancybox. This Plugin has been granted the "Famous Software" Award!
|Author:||Dennis Hoppe (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.1|
|WordPress version tested:||3.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||15-06-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||26 449|
Click to start download
It migrates the Fancy Image Box to your WordPress. All links pointing to an image will automatically open in the FancyBox. If you use the shortcode the images will get a navigation bar and the gallery itself will be converted to a valid HTML block.
Of course you can use "exclude" and "include" parameters in your shortcode like you already know from the traditional gallery code.
If you want to display links in the fancybox add the class "fancyframe" to them! 😉
Btw: Fancy Gallery is available as Premium Plugin too.
- Fancy LightBox support for all linked images on your website
- Manage Galleries separated from Posts or Pages
- Gallery Taxonomies to categorize all your images
- Custom thumbnail sizes and color effects (Pro Version only)
- Fully compatible with all existing themes with archive template
- Template engine to display your galleries
- User role and capability support (Pro Version only)
- Gallery archives and RSS Feed support
- Clean and easy-to-use user interfaces
- Widgets to display your images in the sidebars (Pro Version only)
- Completely free of advertisement and brandings (but you have the feature hints in backend)
You can find the settings page in WP Admin Panel » Settings » Fancy Gallery.
In the Press
- Fancy Gallery has been granted the "Famous Software" Award. To the post »
- 17 Most Used WordPress jQuery Plugins @ Skyje.com. To the post »
- "Awesome and easy to use WordPress gallery plugin" To the post »
- WordPress Series #2 – The essential plugins @ Inscope. To the post »
I know you have many questions – my mailbox is the proof. 😉 But unfortunately I cannot give support for the free plugins. There is a separate support package available for the Pro Version of this plugin. Please use it. Of course you can hire me for consulting, support, programming and customizations at any time.
- This Plugin is available in English.
- Diese Erweiterung ist in Deutsch verfügbar. (Ulrike Seddig)
- Plugin disponible en Español. (Guillermo Gozalbes)
Translate this plugin
If you have translated this plugin in your language feel free to send me the language file (.po file) via E-Mail with your name and this translated sentence: "This plug-in is available in %YOUR_LANGUAGE_NAME%." So i can add it to the plug-in.
You can find the Translation.pot file in the language/ folder in the plugin directory.
- Copy it.
- Rename it (to your language code).
- Translate everything.
- Send it via E-Mail to <Mail [@t] DennisHoppe [dot] de>.
- Thats it. Thank you! =)
Frequently Asked Questions
I am still collecting frequently asked questions. 😉