Skimlinks helps you easily monetize content by converting product links in your post into their equivalent affiliate links on-the-fly.
|Author:||Skimlinks (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.7.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-05-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||50 958|
|Active installs:||2 000+|
Click to start download
N.B. To use Skimlinks’ WordPress Plugin you’ll need to sign up for a Skimlinks account.
- Upload the entire Skimlinks folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the Skimlinks plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the Skimlinks plugin through the menu option ‘Settings > Skimlinks’. On this step you’ll need to provide your Site ID, obtained from the Publisher Hub.
If you have Skimlinks already added to your footer template please remove it before installing the Skimlinks WordPress Plugin.
Q. What is Skimlinks?
Skimlinks is a clever technology that helps you easily monetize online content by converting normal product links from thousands of retailers into their equivalent affiliate links so you can earn a commission effortlessly every time a purchase is made.
Q. How do I install the Skimlinks WordPress Plugin
Q. I already have Skimlinks installed in my WordPress blog template, what should I do?
We recommend you remove it from the template and replace it with the Plugin to enjoy all the new features. If you have any questions feel free to check our support pages
Q. What’s the advantage of signing up to Skimlinks?
Of course you could spend time and money creating, tracking and maintaining your own affiliate links and signing up to thousands of merchant programs, but why not let us do all the hard work for you?
- Create content and link to merchants as normal and we’ll convert your links into affiliate links on-the-fly so there is no effect on the users’ experience
- With one sign-up to Skimlinks, you get access to 24,000+ merchants’ affiliate programs
- Use our comprehensive reporting suite to keep track of exactly which merchants your users like
- First-class account management
- Free access to our powerful publisher tools
- Publisher newsletters and affiliate marketing resources
Q. How can I calculate what revenue I could earn from using Skimlinks?
There are a huge number of factors influencing the potential to earn revenue from links on your blog, including the volume of users and their profile, the type of content, seasonality and the amount of other advertising you have on your site. Years of experience and lots of happy customers tell us that Skimlinks has a real impact on publishers businesses but why not give Skimlinks a try and see what it can do for you!
Q. What costs are involved in signing-up to Skimlinks?
It’s completely free to sign-up to Skimlinks. Once approved as a Skimlinks’ publisher you get full access to our suite of reports and tools.
Q. Will I earn the same amount I would earn if I created the affiliate links myself?
Because of our scale we can negotiate the very best commissions for our publishers, which means you can earn up to 110% of what you would have earned if you managed your affiliate links program yourself. Skimlinks retains 25% of the commission payment from the merchant, and the rest we pay to you.
Q. Which Merchants do you work with?
We currently work with more than 24,000 merchants from all different verticals. Use the Skimlinks Merchant Search to browse through the list.
Q. Is Skimlinks visible to my blog readers?
Skimlinks lets the normal link appear, and turns it into an affiliate link only when the user clicks through, so there is no visible difference to the user. This gives users more trust in your site, and increases the likelihood they will click on the link.
Q. What happens in the event that the Skimlinks’ service is unavailable?
The Skimlinks technology is monitored 24/7, and is fully redundant. If, in the unlikely event, our technology stops working, links will not be affiliated for a temporary period but the user experience is not affected.
Q. Where can I get more help?
For more FAQ’s and information on Skimlinks, please visit Skimlinks support pages
- updated branding and graphics
- new disclosure/referral button widget
- made all plugin copy translatable
- updated admin form descriptions
- fixed subdomain validation bug
- bug fixes and improvements
- fixes url to skimlinks js library to be protocol-agnostic
- fixes bug with incorrectly encoded urls in rss feed
- updated to support feeds with encoded content
- remove reference to skimkit product
- updated description to include SkimWords
- updated for Skimwords Support
- updated for bug custom sub-domain check
- improved error messaging for incompatible themes
- improved registration information
- Updated to add options for referral badge
- Updated to add options for custom sub-domain
- Initial version of Skimlinks Plugin