Add Sketchfab to the WordPress oEmbed providers
|Author:||Rami Yushuvaev (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-03-2015|
|Total downloads:||7 331|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
Upload your 3D models to Sketchfab and embed them to any WordPress page in your site.
Sketchfab is the place to be for 3D files: a platform to publish and find the best 3D content. Millions of people make 3D models or scan the real world in 3D, why would they share this in 2D? What YouTube did for video makers, or SoundCloud for musicians, we are doing it for creators of 3D content.
Sketchfab integrates with all major 3D creation tools, and is natively built in Photoshop, Modo and Blender. Sketchfab supports 28 native 3D formats, and displays them in browser in real-time.
Sketchfab WordPress Plugin
The Sketchfab 3D viewer can be embedded on any web page, as easily as a YouTube video. This plugin will enables you to embed 3d models from Sketchfab using the model URL or model ID.
Choose any item from sketchfab.com, or create your own! Copy the model URL and paste it to your post text editor. Then simply click over to the visual editor to confirm that it loads properly.
Alternatively, you can embed 3D models to your content using the
[sketchfab id=""] shortcode and the model ID.
For any questions or more information, please contact us.
How do I embed 3D models from Sketchfab?
With this plugin you can use the model URL, just paste the URL into your post editor:
How do I set custom dimensions to my models?
Since WordPress 4.2 you can double click the embedded models and set max
width and max
height dimensions. It will add the WordPress
Note: Doing it the WordPress way, using the
shortcode, is backwards and forward compatible, and it works with all the themes.
Can I customize the embedded 3D models?
For advanced customization, use
[sketchfab id=""] shortcode with the following attributes:
- id – Model ID. this is a required field.
- width – Model width. Default 640.
- height – Model height. Default 480.
- autostart – Load model immediately once the page is ready, rather than waiting for a user to click the Play button. Default 0. This should probably not be used if you have a lot of models on the same page.
- autospin – Automatically spin around the z-axis after loading. Default 0. The greater the number, the faster the spin. A negative number will reverse the spin direction.
- Add shortcode.
- Move plugin files to ‘includes’ directory.
- Remove po/mo files from the plugin.
- Use translate.wordpress.org to translate the plugin.
- Prevent direct access to php files.
- Prevent direct access to directories.
- Add branding text and a video to the readme file.
- Add two screenshots.
- Add i18n support.
- Add Hebrew (he_IL) translation.
- Initial release
- Register oEmbed provider.