Really Simple CAPTCHA is a CAPTCHA module intended to be called from other plugins. It is originally created for my Contact Form 7 plugin.
|Author:||Takayuki Miyoshi (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.4|
|WordPress version tested:||4.5.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||10-03-2009|
|Total downloads:||4 839 611|
|Active installs:||1 000 000+|
Click to start download
CAPTCHA does not work; the image does not show up.
Really Simple CAPTCHA needs GD and FreeType library installed on your server. Ask your server administrator if they are installed.
Also, make the temporary file folder writable. The location of the temporary file folder is managed by the instance variable
tmp_dir of ReallySimpleCaptcha class. Note that the setting varies depending on the calling plugin. For example, Contact Form 7 uses
wp-contents/uploads/wpcf7_captcha as the temporary folder basically, but it can use different folder depending on your settings.
If you have any further questions, please submit them to the support forum.
- Change the default file mode: 0644 for image and 0640 for answer.
- Add “Text Domain” field to the plugin header.
- Update bundled font: Gentium Basic 1.102.
- Add $max argument to cleanup() to prevent an endless file cleanup.
- The required WordPress version changed to 3.9 and higher.
- Tested on WordPress 4.1.
- The required WordPress version changed to 3.7 and higher.
- Introduce normalize_path() to normalize file paths on different file systems.