Send a quick email from WordPress Admin. Adds Quick Mail to Tools menu.
No options. Mail is sent with user's name and email. One file can be attached to message.
Saves message and subject on form to send repeat messages.
|Author:||Mitchell D. Miller (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.6|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-12-2014|
|Total downloads:||7 065|
Click to start download
Selecting users on Quick Mail data entry form.
Multiple attachments from different folders (directories).
Selecting saved recipients.
Quick Mail options.
Full screen view.
Reply to comment.
Download the plugin and unpack in your
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Who can send mail?
- Users must be able to publish a post to send an email. Minimum permission can be changed with a filter.
Who can send rich text messages?
User must have Visual Editor enabled on their profile, to compose messages with the Visual Editor.
Anyone can send HTML by pasting it into a message.
Options to send mail to any user, or limit to users with first and last names on their profile.
Users need permission to list users, to view user list or change options. Minimum permission can be changed with an option or filter.
Up to 12 manually entered recipients are saved in HTML Storage.
Additional recipients can be either
BCCbut not both.
Multiple files can be uploaded from up to 6 folders (directories).
“Uploads are disabled” on some mobile devices.
Some devices cannot upload files. According to Modernizr :
iOS < 6 and some android version don’t support uploads.
File uploads are disabled for ancient IOS 5 devices. Please add a support message if uploads are disabled on your phone or tablet, so I can remove the upload button if your device is detected.
Address validation is an option to check recipient domain on manually entered addresses.
idn_to_asciiis not available on all systems.
“Cannot verify international domains because idn_to_ascii function not found”
This is displayed when Quick Mail cannot verify domains containing non-ASCII characters.
An MX record tells senders how to send mail to the domain.
Quick Mail sends email with wp_mail.
wp_mail error messages are displayed, if there is a problem.
“You must provide at least one recipient email address.”
wp_mail rejected an address. Seen when Quick Mail verification is off.
- Fixed error that presented user list to administrator when there are less than 3 users on site.
- Next public release. See development releases for more info.
- Many changes to improve private comment replies.
- reply to comments with Quick Mail from Comments list.
- fix error displaying multibyte post titles.
- reply to comments.
- improved performance.
- added Russian translation. Props @orlov562
- fixed reset email content type.
- preserves shortcodes in messages.
- fixed email content type compatibility error.
- fixed settings display error.
- added wpauto option for HTML messages.
- display user nickname instead of
- added Blind Carbon Copy (BCC).
- improved HTML messages.
- improved data entry form accessibility and design.
- added visual editor.
Refer to the separate changelog.txt for changes of previous versions.