Adds Prism Syntax Highlighting to WordPress, using custom fields for your code examples.
|Author:||Jannik Zschiesche (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.5.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||04-09-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 765|
Click to start download
Integrates the Prism Syntax Highlighting Library in WordPress.
It is called detached, since the code examples are not stuffed into the rich text editor, together with all the other texts and content, but they are added separately as custom fields and just referenced via short tags (like footnotes).
Check Other Notes for usage documentation.
The official development repository is hosted on Github.
Plugin options screen
Code highlighting with marked lines in the frontend
Code highlighting in the frontend
You can also specify some lines, which should be marked
Add the code as custom field and reference it in the rich text editor via shortcode.
Why use custom tags?
The (rich text) editor of WordPress is quite good in mangling in manually added code. This cannot happen with custom fields.
Also, I personally, think it is more user-friendly.
- Updated PrismJS to commit: 07c0f4f6b2
- Added plugin descriptions
- Added new plugins: File Highlight, WebPlatform Docs
- Added language-code descriptions
- Added new languages: Bash (Unix Shell), C, C-like, Coffeescript, C++, Groovy, PHP, Python, Sassy CSS, and SQL
- Added new themes: Okaida, Tomorrow, Twilight
** 1.5 update brought to you by JC John Sese Cuneta (http://jcsesecuneta.com) ** thank you!
- Fixed a compatibility problem with older PHP versions (< 5.4)
- Minor optical updates of the admin interface
- Refactored nearly complete plugin
- Added support for generic extensions
- Added cached assets loader
- Added support for experimental PHP plugin
- Updated the prism library to
- Load line-highlight correctly
- Moved html attributes to the correct tag
- Fixed wrong asset loading
- Initial commit