Polylang adds multilingual content management support to WordPress.
|Author:||Frédéric Demarle (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.4|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||22-09-2011|
|Total downloads:||2 771 314|
|Active installs:||300 000+|
Click to start download
The Polylang languages admin panel
The Strings translations admin panel
Multilingual media library
The Edit Post screen with the Languages metabox
- Make sure you are using WordPress 4.0 or later and that your server is running PHP 5.2.4 or later (same requirement as WordPress itself)
- If you tried other multilingual plugins, deactivate them before activating Polylang, otherwise, you may get unexpected results!
- Install and activate the plugin as usual from the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to the languages settings page and create the languages you need
- Add the ‘language switcher’ widget to let your visitors switch the language.
- Take care that your theme must come with the corresponding .mo files (Polylang automatically downloads them when they are available for themes and plugins in this repository). If your theme is not internationalized yet, please refer to the Theme Handbook or ask the theme author to internationalize it.
Where to find help ?
- First time users should read Polylang – Getting started, which explains the basics with a lot of screenshots.
- Read the documentation. It includes a FAQ and the documentation for developers.
- Search the community support forum. You will probably find your answer here.
- Read the sticky posts in the community support forum.
- If you still have a problem, open a new thread in the community support forum.
- Polylang Pro users have access to our helpdesk.
Is Polylang compatible with WooCommerce?
- You need a separate addon to make Polylang and WooCommerce work together. A Premium addon is available.
Do you need translation services?
- If you want to use professional or automatic translation services, install and activate the Lingotek Translation plugin.
- Pro: Fix Duplicate post button not working when the user meta has been corrupted
- Fix PHP notice with the plugin Members #175
- Fix page template select displayed when editing a translated page for posts
- Fix incompatibility with WP 4.8.2 (placeholder %1$s in prepare)
- Pro: partially refactor REST API classes
- Pro: Fix duplicate content user meta not removed from DB when uninstalling the plugin
- Fix strings translations not removed from DB when uninstalling the plugin
- Fix incorrect translation files loaded in ajax on front when the user is logged in (WP 4.7+)
- Fix widget language dropdown removed when saving a widget (introduced in 2.2)
- Fix queries with negative values for the ‘cat’ parameter (introduced in 2.2 for queries made on frontend)
- Fix performance issue in combination with some plugins when the language is set from the content (introduced in 2.2)
- Pro: Add support for the REST API
- Pro: Add integration with The Events Calendar
- Pro: Refactor ACF Pro integration for post metas and integrate term metas
- Pro: Ask confirmation if synchronizing a post overwrites an existing translation
- Pro: Separate sync post logic from interface
- Pro: Fix ‘Detect browser language’ option automatically deactivated
- Pro: Fix redirect to 404 when the ‘page’ slug translation includes non alphanumeric characters.
- Pro: Fix untranslated post type archive slug
- Pro: Fix ACF taxonomy fields not copied when the taxonomy is not translated #156
- Pro: Fix fatal error with ACF4
- Support a different content text direction in admin #45
- Add support for wildcards and ‘copy-once’ attribute in wpml-config.xml
- Add minimal support for the filters ‘wpml_display_language_names’ and ‘icl_ls_languages’
- Improve compatibility with the plugin WordPress MU Domain Mapping #116
- Improve speed of the sticky posts filter #41
- Remove redirect_lang option for multiple domains and subdomains
- Use secure cookie when using SSL
- Allow to copy/sync term metas with the filter ‘pll_copy_term_metas’
- Filter ajax requests in term.php according to the term language
- Add error message in customizer when setting an untranslated static front page #47
- Load static page class only if we are using a static front page
- Refactor parse_query filters to use the same code on frontend and admin
- Don’t use add_language_to_link in filters
- Move ajaxPrefilter footer script on top
- Use wp_doing_ajax() instead of DOING_AJAX constant
- Fix queries custom tax not excluded from language filter on admin
- Fix WP translation not loaded when the language is set from the content on multisite.
- Fix the list of core post types in PLL_OLT_Manager for WP 4.7+
- Fix post name and tag slug incorrectly sanitized for German and Danish
- Fix lang attribute in dropdowns
- Fix wpml_permalink filter #139
- Fix WPML constants undefined on backend #151
- Fix a conflict with the plugin Custom Permalinks #143
- Fix menu location unexpectedly unset
See changelog.txt for older changelog