Polylang adds multilingual content management support to WordPress.
|Author:||Frédéric Demarle (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.4|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||22-09-2011|
|Total downloads:||2 533 944|
|Active installs:||200 000+|
Click to start download
The Polylang languages admin panel
The Strings translations admin panel
Multilingual media library
The Edit Post screen with the Languages metabox
- Make sure you are using WordPress 4.0 or later and that your server is running PHP 5.2.4 or later (same requirement as WordPress itself)
- If you tried other multilingual plugins, deactivate them before activating Polylang, otherwise, you may get unexpected results!
- Install and activate the plugin as usual from the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to the languages settings page and create the languages you need
- Add the ‘language switcher’ widget to let your visitors switch the language.
- Take care that your theme must come with the corresponding .mo files (Polylang automatically downloads them when they are available for themes and plugins in this repository). If your theme is not internationalized yet, please refer to the Theme Handbook or ask the theme author to internationalize it.
Where to find help ?
- First time users should read Polylang – Getting started, which explains the basics with a lot of screenshots.
- Read the documentation. It includes a FAQ and the documentation for developers.
- Search the community support forum. You will probably find your answer here.
- Read the sticky posts in the community support forum.
- If you still have a problem, open a new thread in the community support forum.
- Polylang Pro users have access to our helpdesk.
Is Polylang compatible with WooCommerce?
- You need a separate addon to make Polylang and WooCommerce work together. A Premium addon is available.
Do you need translation services?
- If you want to use professional or automatic translation services, install and activate the Lingotek Translation plugin.
- Pro: fix duplicate post button not working in PHP 7.1
- Pro: fix CPTUI untranslated labels on admin
- Adapt related posts filter to use slug instead of name to follow changes made on Jetpack server ( Props Steve Kaeser )
- Fix PHP notices when translating CPT and custom tax titles in Yoast SEO
- Fix PHP warning when all plugins are networked activated
- Add compatibility with new media widgets introduced in WP 4.8
- Removing the language information in URL for the default language is now default
- Update plugin updater class to 1.6.12
- Pro: fix PHP notices when duplicating the content
- Fix: test existence of
twentyseventeen_panel_countinstead of relying only on the active template
- Fix: set current property to false when removing the current-menu-item class #134 props @mowar
- Fix PHP notice when editing a term without language
- Fix possible PHP notice when deleting a category
- Fix fatal error with Gantry 5
- Pro: fix user not logged in on secondary domain when previewing changes
- Pro: fix archive links without language code in ACF link field (ACF 5.4.0+)
- Fix redirection from www subdomain to wrong language domain.
- Fix: selecting “Front page displays latest posts” in the customizer not cleaning the languages cache
- Fix accessibility of the admin language switcher
- Pro: Fix translated slug of ‘page’ if it is translated to an empty string
- Update plugin updater class to 1.6.11
- Strings registered with a wpml-config.xml file or WPML functions are now multiline by default
- Translate the site title in emails sent to the user
- Fix sanitize_user for specific locales
- Fix deprecation notice in Yoast SEO integration
- Fix: Clean term cache after the language has been set in mass #119
- Pro: Add filter ‘pll_xdata_nonce_life’
- Pro: Fix translation of WooCommerce product attribute slug
- Pro: Fix product synchronization in WooCommerce 2.7
- Pro: Fix error message when bulk trashing synchronized posts
- Add option to discard item spacing in the output of pll_the_languages() ( Props Ceslav Przywara ) #93 #95
- Add as, dzo, kab, km, ml_IN, nl_BE, pa_IN, rhg, sah, ta_IN, tah, te, tt_RU to the predefined list of languages
- Update plugin updater class to 1.6.10
- Fix: Remove the dependency to is_ssl() to detect the language in the url ( language set from the directory name )
- Fix issue with secondary level domains
- Fix strings not translated in emails
- Fix incorrect usage of add_action() ( Props Peter J. Herrel ) #103
- Fix wrong redirect in customizer in WP 4.7
- Pro: Add filter ‘pll_enable_duplicate_media’ for a fine control of automatic media duplication
- Add filter ‘pll_links_model’ for the links model class name
- Trim any starting ^ from modified rewrite rules
- Pro: Fix wrong count of plugins to udpate
- Fix slashed strings translations not saved #94
- Minimum WordPress version is now 4.4
- Pro: Add support for synchronized posts (same post in multiple languages)
- Pro: Add support for custom post type UI and the Divi Builder
- Improve support of Yoast SEO (no category base and post type archive breadcrumb title)
- Move Languages menu at top level instead of submenu of the WordPress settings
- Copy the original post date when creating a translation and when the date is synchronized (Props Jory Hogeveen) #32
- Remove hreflang attributes on paged pages and paged posts
- Add label to widget language dropdown for better accessibility (Props Lawrence Francell) #53 #56
- Remove constants POLYLANG_URL and PLL_LOCAL_URL
- wp_get_sidebars_widgets() and is_active_sidebar() are now filtered according to widgets languages #54
- Add functions pll_esc_html__(), pll_esc_html_e(), pll_esc_attr__() and pll_esc_attr_e() to the API (Props jegbagus) #83
- Pro: Fix conflict between WooCommerce shop on front and translated shop base slug
- Pro: Fix $wp_rewrite search base and author_base not translated #68
- Pro: Fix page preview does not log in the user when using sudomains
- Fix: avoid setting the language cookie on 404 pages
- Fix: rewrite rules order modified for custom post types archives
- Fix: conflict with WP All Import causing our filters to fail in “Add Media” modal when editing a post
- Fix: auto add pages not working for nav menus assigned to several locations
- Fix: Jetpack infinite scroll for multiple domains #58 #74
- Fix: serialize error in Strings translations when balanceTags option is active #63
- Fix: static front page preview when redirected from the languages page #49
- Fix: Auto add pages not working for nav menus assigned to several locations
- Fix: Conflict with Woocommerce Show Single Variation
- Fix: Parent page not synchronized in Quick edit (introduced in 2.0.8)
- Fix: WPML API wpml_element_has_translations and wpml_post_language_details
- Fix: unattached media translations not in language switcher
- Fix: Conflict with WP Residence advanced search
See changelog.txt for older changelog