A simple podcast import tool for WordPress.
|Author:||SecondLineThemes (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.8|
|WordPress version tested:||5.7.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-09-2019|
|Total downloads:||33 301|
|Active installs:||5 000+|
Click to start download
Sync your Podcast RSS feed with WordPress website. The Podcast Importer plugin helps to easily import podcasts into WordPress. You can import your podcast into the regular WordPress posts or into a custom post type (if you have an existing one).
The plugin fully supports popular WordPress podcasting plugins such as PowerPress, Seriously Simple Podcasting, Simple Podcast Press, and works even better with podcast themes developed by SecondLineThemes
The plugin supports importing episodes into existing custom post types, assign categories, import featured images and more. Additionally, the plugin enables continuous import or “Sync” of podcast RSS feeds, so every time you release a new podcast episode, it could be automatically created within WordPress. You can also set multiple import schedules and import different podcasts from separate sources at the same time. (For example, when importing separate podcasts from separate feeds into one website)
To use the plugin, simply run a new import under “Tools -> Podcast Importer SecondLine” via the main menu that appears in your WordPress dashboard. Set the different options and if you need a continuous import process for future episodes, make sure to hit that checkbox before running the import process.
You can disable a schedueld import at any time by simply deleting the import entry.
The plugin also supports automatic import of native / embed audio players from 15+ podcast hosting providers, including: Buzzsprout, Megaphone, Pinecast, Captivate, Transistor, Anchor.fm, Simplecast, Podbean, Whooshkaa, Omny, Ausha, Spreaker, Audioboom, Fireside, Libsyn and more.
SecondLineThemes is developing unique WordPress themes and plugins for Podcasters. Our tools are very popular among podcasters. To hear more about us please check our website:
Import your podcast episodes based on multiple options.
Add multiple continuous import processes of separate podcasts.
You can run the improter multiple times, as it will never import the same post twice. Once all episodes are imported, only future ones would be imported, assuming you selected the continuous import option.
Sure. All types of podcast feeds can be imported, as long as they are in an RSS/XML format. If you feel something is missing, please reach out and we will ensure to look into it.
First of all, make sure you are filling in a valid URL, of a valid podcast RSS feed. Second, make sure your server is up to modern requirements – we recommend PHP 7 or above.
- Added: Importing embeds from Libsyn – add “?include-libsyn-metadata=true” to your RSS feed URL to import embeds from Libsyn, for example – https://demo-feed.site.com/rss?include-libsyn-metadata=true
- Added: Direct link to the importer on the Plugins page.
- Fixed: Better support for Captivate embeds.
- Updated: Compatibility with WP 5.7.x
- Updated: Compatibility with WP 5.6.x
- Fixed: Omny embed audio player import.
- Fixed: Issues with importing non-standard content tags.
- Added: Hooks to post import process (both for scheduled and one-time imports).
- Fixed: Default episode/Post content data now has a proper fallback.
- Major update! Special thanks to Ryan Tvenge from https://hoverboardstudios.com
- Added: Select the import content source (content:encoded / description / summary).
- Added: Option to truncate the content to a specific number of characters during import.
- Added: Option to prepend content to the imported post title, including a tag for the show name – [podcast_title].
- Added: You can now modify existing scheduled imports.
- Added: Import Fireside embedded player.
- Improved: Added “Advanced Options” section.
- Improved: Accessibility improvements around the form and labels.
- Improved: Better support for podcasts using M4A audio formats.
- Improved: New plugin assets.
- Fixed: Featured image import issue across all hosts.
- Fixed: Omny images were treated as duplicates, now importing properly.
- Removed: Plugin banner.
- Added Spreaker.com as a supported embed host.
- Patched SSRF security issue.
- Added Ausha.co (Thanks @Jeau!), Pinecast and Audioboom as additional embed providers.
- Increased the default number of “Continuous” imports displaying on the plugin’s page.
- Fixed issue with external embed player on some themes.
- Fixed image import issues with Buzzsprout
- Added 3 additional providers for the embed audio player: Buzzsprout, Captivate.fm, Megaphone.fm
- Added automatic import of season number and episode number (this can only be used with themes from SecondLineThemes.com or via a theme customization)
- Fixed conflicts between server timezone and WP timezone – episodes are instantly published instead of being scheduled.
- Fixed a bug with the embedded audio player import.
- Modified XML image object to parse as string (caused a bug in WP 5.4).
- Updated the compatibility tag for WordPress 5.4.
- Added cURL fallback for better compatibility on certain servers.
- Advanced functionality added for users using our premium themes.
- Fixed minor error displaying while importing a new podcast with no images.
- You can now select multiple categories for your imports.
- Fixed minor bug with image importing.
- Updated PAnD version (dismiss notices).
- Fixed new episodes not importing when no GUID in feed.
- Fixed multiple issues with image imports.
- Added filesize data to imported episodes.
- Minor fix when no duration is specified in RSS.
- Avoid scheduling posts to future dates when RSS and Server have timezone conflicts.
- Now adding episode duration when possible.
- Added minor new CSS styles to better match WordPress 5.3
- Fixed scheduled import throwing errors (post_exists function undefined) on some occasions.
- Fixed audio file import when no embed player is available, but embed option was selected.
- Fixed some issues with duplicate imports and unsaved settings.
- Added support for Omny embedded audio player.
- Improved performance.
- Added option to use an embed audio player rather than the default WordPress audio player for several hosts (Transistor.fm, Anchor.fm, Simplecast, Podbean, Whooshkaa)
- Initial Release.