This plugin will add social share icons for the 4 major networks to the bottom of WordPress posts.
|Author:||O3 (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.3.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||29-02-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||14 884|
Click to start download
This plugin makes syndicating your content to social networks easy. While other plugins have 100s of available networks you can connect to, this plugin makes it easy to post share buttons for the 4 big networks: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn. Who uses Ying Yang and Bamalamadingdong anyway? Once activated, you will see a series of social plugins at the bottom of each post allowing your site visitors to quickly and easily post the content on your site to their profiles on these networks.
The plugin has a robust options panel allowing you to pick and choose which networks to support. You can also customize the Facebook and Twitter plugins in the exact same was as you would be able to if you were pulling the plugin code directly from the supporting website.
Default Options include:
- Choice of any or all of the following networks: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn
- Customization of tweet content allowing you to use to use the page title or to customize it
- Add a Twitter user to the tweets
- Add a hashtag to tweets
- Include or exclude the Facebook Send button
- Choice between Facebook verb to use (Like or Recommend)
- Option to include default styles or leaving the styling up to you
- Place the Social Plugins above the Post Content, below the Post Content, above and below the Post Content, or place them manually
- Restrict the Social Plugins to just the posts, pages, or any other registered custom post type
For more information on this plugin and support for this plugin, visit O3 Social Share on O3.
Note: The Facebook "Send" button, when activated, sometimes disappears on some browsers after a momentary display. This seems to be connected to a Facebook bug documented here: Facebook.
- Do you offer different styles for the plugins?
Not at this point. We will in the short future.
- Initial Release
- Added support for placing the social plugins above the content, below the content, both above and below, and neither
- Added support for placing the social plugins on any post type, not just Posts
- Patched an issue that was throwing a PHP error when selecting “none” from the auto append options
- Patched an issue that was causing a “Tweet” link to show up on excerpts
- Patched an issue that prohibited the social plugins from showing on custom post types
- Fixed Facebook styling