Secure your wordpress site with a password. Useful for private blogs.
|Author:||Liyanage at NUCUTA (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-10-2017|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory and extract, which then will create a new folder called ‘nucuta-password-protect’ (
/wp-content/plugins/nucuta-password-protect), or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->”Nucuta Password Protect” screen to configure the plugin
What is this plugin?
It’s a security plugin which protects your wordpress site with a password from accessing. The protection applies to the entire site (except wp-login.php, and wp-admin which is already protected by the main wordpress password)
What features it offers?
- Secure the entire website with a password
- Exclude groups (Editor, Author, Contributor, Subscriber) so users in these groups are not asked the password as long as they are logged in.
- Specify the message for logged in/non-logged in users at the login page.
- Custom Login Page
- Security is top notch (it uses salted passwords, session based, protection against session fixation attacks)
- Guest are logged off automatically when the browser is closed/ Logged in users should click sign out to log out.
- Can be used along with other security plugins because it doesn’t offer protection to wp-login.php, and wp-admin, but for all other pages/posts/categories/tags etc.. (note direct link to images are not protected, but there is a way to protect them as well, for that please check the documentation)
- Easy to install/uninstall and disable.
- Support from us for free (basic support) please wait up to 7 days before making any decision.
- Clean Codes (Anyone can edit with ease)
- Minimalist (No third party library is used, No heavy CSS)
Does it work with cache
No. At the moment it doesn’t work with any cache. So please turn cache off when using this plugin.
Is administrator group protected?
No. If an user is logged in as administrator, they can always change the settings of the plugin;hence there is no point of asking password from them. So this plugin doesn’t ask password from users of administrator group.
- A plugin is developed (initial version)