Disable the Gutenberg Editor
|Author:||Fernando Tellado (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.9|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0 Alpha|
|Added to WordPress repository:||18-04-2018|
Click to start download
- Go to your WP Dashboard > Plugins and search for ‘no gutenberg’ or…
- Download the plugin from WP repository.
- Upload the ‘no-gutenberg’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Do you hate the Gutenberg Editor?
No, I don’t. I think that is more important to decide what you want in your WordPress and what not. If you don’t want to make this huge step to the new Gutenberg Editor with this plugin you’ll have de decision in your hands.
What happens if I decide to deactivate the plugin?
- You’ll recover the brand new Gutenberg Editor
- Your life will be a little more difficult from that moment 🙂
Something went wrong after activation
wp_localize_script(), js in header, in footer…) and works with all well coded plugins and themes. If a plugin or a theme is not properly enqueuing scripts, your site may not work. If your host doesn’t support any of the tweaks, usually due to security restrictions, is possible that something fails. If anything fails please access to your
/wp-content/plugins/no-gutenberg/ directory via your favourite FTP client or hosting panel (cPanel, Plesk, etc.) and rename the plugin folder to deactivate it.
Nope. I’ll expect Matt and all the rest of this beauty guys to abandon the idea that a blocks editor is a good idea for post editing.
- Function added to disable the “Try Gutenberg” callout Dashboard widget introduced in WP 4.9.8
- Initial release, and hopefully latest