NextGEN Gallery geo is a flexibe plugin, displaying beautiful maps with your photos by using EXIF Data or geocoding.
|Author:||Frederic Stuhldreier (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||3.4.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||29-02-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||16 965|
Click to start download
NextGEN Gallery geo is a flexibe plugin, displaying beautiful maps with your photos by using EXIF Data or geocoding. The NextGEN Gallery plugin is required to use this plugin.
- creating maps with your photos, using EXIF data
- geocoding the gallery-name
- include your maps by using shortcodes, AJAX requests or the php-function, even outside of The Loop
- include maps automatically in every post with a gallery
- easy optionspanel: configure any option you desire
- Language support : use your own translation
- Route mode with .GPX support: Linking the photos on the map in chronological order. Nice tool, to display your travel route
- Worldmap mode: Showing (and linking) all your galleries on an overview map, load more photos via AJAX!
Hybrid map style, AJAX request
Overview map using road map style, thumbnails styled by CSS 3.
Map with a single picture (pid), Bird's eye view.
Route-Mode feature, displaying photos and .gpx tracks
Aerial map, thumbnail generated by phpThumb. The infobox shows detailed informations of the picture.
Worldmap feature, displaying an map with all of your galleries.
How can I use NextGEN Gallery geo?
There are three ways of using NextGEN Gallery geo:
1. Generate maps automatically
The plugin search for galleries in the your posts and includes a map, if there ist geodata available. Easy to use, you don’t need to change anything on your theme.
2. Include maps using the shortcode [nggg]
simply use the shortcode [nggg] anywhere in your posts. You can define several options.
3. Use the php-function (for theme development)
If you want to embed the plugin in your theme, you can use the php-function.
$options must be defined as an array, containing the same data as the shortcodes.
The parameters are optional. By delivering the gallery-ID parameter, this function can be used outside of The Loop.
If you don’t define the gallery id, the plugin will search for the gallery-ID in the post.
For more information please have a look at the sourcecode.
Shortcode? Which shortcodes?
There is only one shortcode: [nggg]
You can use it with the following options:
‘geocoding_provider’ -> ( google_v2, google_v3, openstreetmaps, yahoo )
‘zoom’ -> ( zoomlevel between 1 and 19 )
‘map’ -> ( Aerial, Road, Hybrid )
‘bev’ -> Activate Bird’s eye view?
‘thumb’ -> Which thumbs? ( 2 = phpThumb, 3 = CSS3, 4 = pushpins )
‘ajax’ -> Activate AJAX mode?
‘lightbox’ -> ( Fancybox, Slimbox )
‘exif’ -> Show detailed exif informations?
‘route’ -> Activate route mode?
‘worldmap’ -> Show Worldmap?
‘dashboard’ -> Show Dashboard?
‘minimap’ -> Show Minimap?
‘scalebar’ -> Show Scalebar?
‘thumb_desc’ -> Show thumbnail description?
Example: [nggg id=18 bev=1 map_height=100px map_width=200px exif=0 minimap=1]
Can I use this plugin, even if there is no GPS-Data stored in the EXIF-Informations of my photos?
Yes, no problem! Least cameras have a built-in GPS receiver. You can add coordinates later by using “Geosetter” for example (Freeware).
If there are no coordinates stored, the plugin try to geocode the gallery-name. You can use different providers for geocoding, sometimes they generate differing results.
What is the AJAX mode?
If you don’t want the maps to get loaded every time, you can use the ajax mode. If activated, the plugin will display a button. By clicking on this button, the map is loaded using a AJAX request.
What is the worldmap mode?
The worldmap mode gives you the possibility, to show an overview of all your galleries of your blog. Every gallery is linked, if there is geodata available. You can include the worldmap in your post by using the shortcode [nggg worldmap=1]. Alternatively, you can use the following php-function:
Why the worldmap does not work with my galleries?
The worldmap-mode only uses the previewpics of your galleries, if there are coordinates available. You have to choose a previewpic, otherwise the plugin will simply ignore the gallery.
What is the route mode?
You can use the route mode, to display your travel route. Therefor, the photos are linked in chronological order. The route mode can be activated for all galleries using the optionspanel. Alternatively, you can activate the route mode for single maps using the shortcode.
If you have recorded your route to a .gpx file, you can upload the file in the gallery folder. Rename it (data.gpx), and the track will be displayed on the map.
How can I define the map-style?
Some options like map-width and map-height can be changed at the optionspanel. The maps are using the div-class .ngg_geo_map, so you can use CSS, too.
Example: 640px or 87% – 640 or 87 won’t work!
You can find some examples on my homepage:
V1.0 – 05.09.2012
- NEW : shortcode system with several new options (map-size, map-style, thumbnails, single pictures, ajax, etc.)
- NEW : Thumbnails styled using CSS 3 or phpThumb() class
- NEW : activate and deactivate the maps dashboard, minimap and scalebar using the admin panel or shortcodes
- NEW : change style of marked routes using the admin panel
- NEW : .GPX support for route-mode
- NEW : include your maps using AJAX
- NEW : set a map id for individual styling
- NEW : Lightbox integrated (Fancybox, Slimbox 2)
NEW : Lightbox AJAX request for other photos (worldmap mode)
Changed : admin panel sub-menu now located at nextgen-gallery menu
- Changed: significantly reduced number of SQL querys
- Changed: >1 map / post now possible
Changed: use stored EXIF data, if available
Bugfix : example map don’t work
- Bugfix : save options bug
V0.6 – 13.05.2012
- NEW : use [nggg] shortcode everywhere by choosing the gallery-ID: [nggg id=Gallery-ID]
- NEW : worldmap-shortcode: [nggg worldmap]
- NEW : Preview map
- NEW : choose between pushpins or thumbnails
- Changed : worldmap works faster, coordinates bug fixed
- Changed : easy gallery linking (worldmap)
- Bugfix : broken maps, wrong data on some servers
V0.5 – 21.04.2012
- NEW : show advanced EXIF data
- NEW : album support
- Bugfix : exif_read_data used url instead of path (don’t work on a few servers)
- Bugfix : wrong coordinates, fixed and improved
- Changed : shortcode [nggg] works faster
- Changed : include via function improved
- bugfix: don’t show shortcode [nggg]
V0.4 – 13.03.2012
- NEW : I18n
- NEW : added languages: german, english
- NEW : disable geocoding (optionspanel)
- Changed : auto-mode-> usage of filter ngg_gallery_output (much faster, no sql needed anymore)
- Changed : new optionspanel
- Bugfix : route-mode enabled
- Bugfix : geocoding error (Nominatim)
V0.35 – 05.03.2012
- Bugfix : fixed some bugs (route-mode)