Neonternetics promotes the usage of the latest available web technologies.
|Author:||the AmberPanther team (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.7|
|WordPress version tested:||2.9.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||28-03-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
What is the Neonternetics Plugin?
Neonternetics is a WordPress plugin by the AmberPanther team. The plugin follows the Neonternetic movement, and tries to promote to end users the usage of the latest web technologies available for the World Wide Web, in this case, the browsers. Visit Neonternetics to learn more.
How does it do it?
It detects the visitor's browser and version, and it warns him that he should update to the latest one, if the browser version does not meet the minimum requirement set by the site administrator.
Why do you need Neonternetics?
So that you will contribute to making the web a better place! By promoting the usage of the latest browsers, web developers and designers will have to spend less time supporting the paleonternetic (ancient) browers, and consequently, devote their efforts in the development of technologies that matter.
- Supports detection of Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari and Internet Explorer
- The warnings can be given by a modal window, a slider at the top of the page, or a full page immediating the legendary Blue Screen of Death (this can be a great April Fools Day joke on your side)
- The visitor has the option to close the warning message
- The administrator can set the frequency of warning messages
- Options stored as one array in the database to minimize database cluster.
- On uninstall option array is removed from the database. No trail left behind.
- Functional and user-friendly administration pages.