Shows you upcoming local WordPress events in your wp-admin Dashboard
|Author:||WordPress Meta Team (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.7|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-03-2017|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||2 953|
Click to start download
The new combined Events and News widget when a location and events are available
The widget when no location is available
The widget when a location is available, but there are no upcoming events nearby
For help installing this (or any other) WordPress plugin, please read the Managing Plugins article on the Codex.
What information is collected, and what is it used for?
The plugin sends each user’s timezone, locale, and IP address to
- [FIX] Update criteria plugin uses to detect if the functionality has been merged into Core.
- [FIX] Bring back the Cancel button on the city search form.
- [FIX] Minor UI tweaks and semantic code changes.
- [NEW] Dynamic content changes are announced to screenreaders.
- [NEW] Log API responses to aid with troubleshooting.
- [FIX] Minimize re-rendering of dynamic content to aid screenreaders.
- [FIX] Fixed fatal conflict with asynchronous uploads by restricting the bootstrap process to only the contexts where it’s necessary.
- [FIX] Restore the behavior that automatically focuses the input on the city field when toggling the location form.
- [SECURITY] Harden the city display name against a theoretical cross-site scripting attack.
- [FIX] Add a label to the city input field, instead of relying on the placeholder.
- [FIX] Handled AJAX error more gracefully
- [FIX] Events older than 24 hours are no longer shown
- [NEW] The location icon can now be clicked on to close the location form
- [NEW] The plugin will disable itself if it detects that the functionality has been merged into Core
- [FIX] Improved the layout on mobile devices.
- [FIX] Added styles for right-to-left languages.
- [NEW] Added the event’s time and day of the week, so that users don’t have to open the event link to see if it fits their schedule.
- [SECURITY] Harden the error message handling against a theoretical cross-site scripting attack.
- [FIX] Locations are now saved network-wide in Multisite installs, so you no longer have to set your location on each site. Unfortunately, you may need to re-save your location the first time you visit wp-admin because of this.
- [FIX] Events are now cached network-wide in Multisite installs, to improve performance.
- [FIX] Events are now shown on the Network Dashboard in Multisite installs.
- [FIX] Fix a bug that prevented events from being cached. The widget loads much faster now.
- [FIX] Fix a bug that prevented debugging info from being added to AJAX responses.
- First version