MediaPress is the most advanced and feature rich media gallery plugin for BuddyPress & WordPress.
|Author:||BuddyDev (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-01-2016|
|Total downloads:||21 073|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
Activity upload screen screenshot-1.png
Media grid screenshot screenshot-2.png
User Galleries Screenshot screenshot-3.png
Admin Gallery Edit Page screenshot screenshot-4.png
Front end gallery manage page screenshot-5.png
Bulk Media Edit screenshot screenshot-6.png
Admin settings screenshot screenshot-7.png
Where do I get support?
We request you to use BuddyDev Forums for all the support questions. We love helping. Using BuddyDev forums allows us to assist you better and quicker.
Theme compatibility Issue
By default, MediaPress should work with 99% of the themes out of the box. There are still a small chance that it may have issues with some theme.
Please let us know and we will support you. We are working on guides for theme developers to assist them supporting and making it look/feel like they want.
- Security Fix:- Unauthorized users should not be able to bulk update media.
- Security Enhancement:- Do not allow unauthorized users to view edit screen.
- Many code improvements to allow us streamline future developments.
- Code refactoring for core, media, widget, shortcodes. Added doc comments.
- Added filters on media views/gallery views.
- New feature: Allow editing media details inside the lightbox.
- Fix: Better previous/next link for media and gallery.
- Note: the template for lightbox-comment.php has been updated for allowing editing media.
- Fix: Upload permission error caused by 1.1.7. Reverting strict type checking in permissions functions as it cause issues with the normal user upload.
- Fix: translation for the Bulk Actions, delete label.
- Add option to show the maximum allowed file size inside the upload dropzone.
- Fix WP_Query notice on profile galleries when static page is set as front page.
- Hide activity upload buttons when user does not have permission to upload.
- Better performing user gallery count and media count functions.
- Compatibility with activity as wire and wall plugin to allow posting on other user’s wall.
- Fix bug from 1.1.5 that caused listing of sitewide galleries on user profile(sorry for the 1.5 hour of trouble).
- Fix pagination links on ajax loaded gallery list.
- Site admins can choose which image size to use in lightbox.
- Site admins can choose which image size to use for single media page.
- Media Type labels are now translatable.
- Activity actions containing type labels are translatable.
- Added filter ‘mpp_wall_gallery_title’ to easily modify the naming convention for the wall gallery.
- Added support for showing the gallery creator when using the shortcode [mpp-list-gallery].
- Added support for showing the media creator when using the shortcode [mpp-show-gallery].
- Added support for showing the media creator when using the shortcode [mpp-list-media].
- A lot of inline code documentation and cleaning(Will continue for next 2 releases)
- Add smaller loader image for better usability.
- Creating a new version since wp.org is not regenerating the old zip.
- Allow uploading from activity stream without needing to post content. It make the uploading more easier and user friendly.
- Add options to allow site admin control the media size and cropping behaviour. Size settings are available from MediaPress->Settings->General screen.
- Use ‘large’ image size instead of the original on single media page and lightbox.
- Better lightbox comment.
- Add filter ‘mpp_used_space’ to allow filtering total used space.
- Fix the callback for ‘private’ status to check for the user id instead of relaying on the bp_is_my_profile()
- Better caching support. Cleans up media/gallery after update.
- Introducing multiple new template tags.
- Updated the templates and MPP_Gallery View to accept activity id too. Any child view should update..
- Added admin notice to ask the admins to save the settings atleast once.
- Added option to enable lightbox for clicking on photo inside gallery.
- Brand new icon images for photo, video, audio, doc uploads.
- Fixed the lightbox not loading all photos.
- Fixed the error “This file type is not allowed” when the extensions had space
- Fixed raw media description on bulk edit page to avoid showing the html inside text area.
- Fixed delete warning text.
- API Enhancement, allow excluding/including media in queries.
- A lot of code cleanup
- Fixed the recursion causing error on gallery delete.
- MediaPress Tools screen warning fix for the Browser class.
- Almost 30% of codebase inline documentation updated, more to follow.
- Fix path error for loading logger class.
- mpp-show-gallery shortcode now defaults to grid if not view is specified.
- Better current component handling when BuddyPress is disabled.
- Allow using custom taxonomy query in MPP_Media_Query and MPP_Gallery_Query
- Improve css class names and a few other small tweaks.
- Fix upload shortcode to avoid it generating the form at the top.
- Fix Private status issue in groups.
- Fix single media edit form layout opn mobile devices.
- Template cleanup
- User Gallery edit/delete permissions are more granular now.
- Add filter ‘mpp_gallery_auto_update_cover’ to allow disabling the auto update of cover to first photo.
- Fix to respect the default group gallery preference at group creation.
- Fix date related template functions to show correct date.
- Numerous accessibility improve. Huge thanks to @mercime for the contribution.
- Fix the js error on media edit page. Thank you Sarah( @sitesforchrist )
- Fix Uploading to group gallery from sitewide activity. Thank you Leo, @valuser
- Fix the issue which caused attachments to not work on activity screen for some of the users.
- Added functions fro moving media from one gallery to another gallery.
- Added support for ondemand gallery creation using the mpp_get_context_gallery hook
- Updated default archive/single gallery permalink slug to use same string ‘galleries’
- Fix the problem with media upload on new gallery screen in the dashboard
- Fix a fatal error on BuddyPress 2.6.0 when group is not active
- Fix a few notices, thanks to @danbp
- Allow replacing the media selector icons on activity from theme template
- Use proper url schema for the google doc viewer(for https/non https sites)
- Fix a few admin translations. Thanks to @danbp
- Enabling Lightbox for Media list shortcode using lightbox=1 in the shortcode.
- Enabling lightbox when clicking on single photo in the activity comment on photo.
- Fix lightbox settings to be applied properly(enabling/disabling).
- Adding basic debug info for Media.
- Default status is set to public for media list shortcode to avoid listing private media.
- Fix Wall Gallery issue with the Doc type.
- Single Media/Gallery Activity Fix:- Now, will show the activity from all members.
- Limit number of media visible in activity stream.
- Add “Galleries” link to User list in the admin for quickly viewing user galleries.
- Implementation of the Orphaned Media deletion using wp cron.
- Fallback to default view when the active view is not available.
- Release notes in details: Link
- Added pagination support in shortcodes.
- Fixed Gallery directory pagination.
- Updated activity privacy to be stricter when the Activity privacy plugin is not enabled.
- Fixed avatar issue in lightbox.
- Enhanced the [mpp-uploader] shortcode. It fixes an issue when uploads are for sitewide galleries and provides better experience.
- Enhanced Create gallery status dropdown to use the default status by default.
- Fix 2 typos in strings. Thanks to Joost(@joost-abrahams ).
- Numerous other subtle enhacements ( like allowing extending shortcode etc).
- Fixed double form issue on Create gallery page.
- Fixed a typo in method name for loading templates.
- Please upgrade if you are seeing double form on create gallery page.
- Added uploader shortcode [mpp-uploader].
- Added My Gallery filters for Group Galleries.
- Added type filters for User Galleries.
- Other enhancements.
- Release notes: Link
- Initial Release on wp.org repo.