Displays a customizable gallery of your posts in either a grid or a masonry layout.
|Author:||Cactus Computers (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.9.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.5.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||28-06-2014|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||35 235|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
The Shortcode Generator webpage
The Shortcode Generator webpage
A gallery with the following shortcode: [cactus-masonry link_location='medium' post_orderby='rand' width='50%' horizontal_spacing='20' vertical_spacing='20' border_thickness='5px' border_color='white' outer_border_thickness='5px' show_lightbox='true']
A gallery with the following shortcode: [cactus-masonry width='25%' horizontal_spacing='0' vertical_spacing='0']
A gallery with the following shortcode: [cactus-masonry width='33.33%']
A gallery with the following shortcode: [cactus-masonry display_post_titles='true' display_post_excerpts='true' width='33.33%']
A gallery with the following shortcode: [cactus-masonry width='50%' horizontal_spacing='20' vertical_spacing='20' border_thickness='5px' border_color='white' outer_border_thickness='5px']
A gallery with the following shortcode: [cactus-masonry width='250px' horizontal_spacing='20' vertical_spacing='20']
- Updated Desandro Masonry to 4.0.0
- Added the ability to list categories on each result with the display_post_categories shortcode
- Updated readme
- Started rebranding to Cactus Masonry Classic
- Some small efficiency improvements
- Fixed a bug caused by unescaped double quotes in the title and excerpt fields
- Added the ability to display a custom field in the databox using the display_custom_field parameter
- Changed how the galleries are queried to create a massive performance boost on servers with limited resources
- Added the ability to specify posts to ignore using the post_id parameter
- Updated the help file to address the new support site
- Fixed a PHP bug that causes an error
- Started measures for the cleanest possible transition from Cactus Masonry to Cactus Masonry Plus
- Fixed an alignment issue that could cause the gallery to run off the page horizontally under some conditions.
- WARNING: Updating to this version will likely affect the spacing above your gallery if you are using vertical spacing. Please check your pages after the update.
- Fixed an error with the excerpt classname. Was originally spelled as ‘cm_exerpt’. Now spelled correctly. The original spelling also remains in place for backwards compatability.
- Added the category_ids parameter. This allows users to filter their galleries by category ID rather than slug. Multiple comma-separated values may be used. Categories may also be excluded from the search with this parameter.
- Added the category_and parameter. This allows the construction of a gallery of images that contain all of the listed categories.
- Added the stamp_id parameter. This, combined with CSS, will allow users to add a sticky post to the gallery.
- Added the category_as_brick_class parameter. This option adds the post category to each images class name for easier custom styling.
- Added the id_as_brick_class parameter. This adds the post/page ID to the image class for targetted styling.
- Added the author_ids parameter. Now posts can be filtered by author ID.
- Fixed an issue where boolean parameters would not be accepted if they were written in the wrong case.
- Fixed an issue where setting vertical spacing would cause a gap to appear above the gallery.
- New documentation pages in progress. The shortcode generator is now out of date.
- WARNING: Many users have manually altered the plugin to suit their particular niche needs. If you have modified the plugin, contact us before updating, and we will try to help with the migration.
- Updated spin.js, masonry.js, imagesLoaded.js, and lightbox.js dependencies
- Updated licensing terms.
- Added the ability to specify a custom link rel attribute. Added by request to help with some plugin interactions. Not generally useful.
- Set the default transition duration to zero to improve resize performance. This can be altered with the transitionDuration parameter, but setting this value may cause layout and performance issues.
- Added the ability to open each item in a new window with the open_in_new_windows parameter
- Fixed issue where lightbox.js was loaded even when the lightbox was switched off
- Added the ability to search for posts by tag slug. The new tag parameter supports a tag slug or comma separated list of tag slugs.
- You can now search for child posts of a given post only. Specify the parent post’s ID using the post_parent_id parameter.
- Added the ability to perform a basic search using a custom taxonomy and term.
- Fixed a bug where inner borders won’t show when gallery images are cropped
- Fixed a bug where the title and excerpt databox would appear incorrectly when masonry=false
- Fixed a bug with custom post types
- Cactus Masonry now broadcasts the number of posts found to help with external pagination
- Removed BOM to stop header error
- Fixed encoding to UTF8
- Further fixes for the wptexturize bug which should no longer interfere with other plugins
- Fixed an error with the page_size parameter
- Fixed a bug with the console error caused by an non-existent image id set as the default image id
- Fixed a major bug that may cause problems due to code changes caused by wptexturize on some sites… uh… wptexturize…
- Removed a reference to the lightbox map file to fix a 404 warning in compatible browsers
- WARNING: This update modifies Cactus Masonry’s CSS behaviour. There are a number of changes in place to support new features and handle Internet Explorer issues. For one, the #masonry_post_gallery selector has been changed to div.masonry_post_gallery. These changes will not affect the gallery’s default appearance – but they may affect custom CSS styling. Be sure to check your site’s appearance after updating.
- Added the ability to select post/page-like custom post types in the gallery
- Eliminated unnecessary site overhead caused by the plugin
- Added the ability to manually handle the loading of external scripts to improve AJAX loading time
- Added an override for the automatic width setting that can cause the gallery to resize its contents after external image resizing
- Added the ability to crop images to fill each brick
- Added the ability to specify an image background colour for added flexibility around transparent images when using the different hover colours
- Added the option to specify an additional custom class name for the link elements in the gallery to increase compatibility with other plugins.
- Multiple instances of Cactus Gallery can now run at the same time on the same page
- Improved gallery functionality when masonry is switched off
- Fixed a layout bug that may occur on some IE installs
- Modified how image spacing works to address IE11’s inability to render basic CSS
- Fixed some minor style issues that could cause bugs in older IE browsers
- Fixed a major bug in IE8 to IE11 caused by (in)compatibility mode
- Fixed a bug where the title/excerpt box can appear above the loading box
- Fixed a bug where borders would be cut off an image with a set max-width/max-height
- Fixed a bug where excerpts containing a line feed or carriage return would break the plugin
- Fixed a bug where the search_start and page_size parameters fail to function correctly when there are posts present with no featured image and default_image_id is unspecified
- Various large efficiency improvements
- Changed how fixed (non-percentage) widths are handled to improve efficiency
- Improved gallery functionality in situations with extremely large numbers of posts
- Fixed a bug that can cause a PHP warning
- A bug fix for an issue that stops posts with certain characters in their titles and excerpts from appearing in the gallery.
- Applied some CSS enhancements to make the plugin’s styling more robust on a variety of different web environments
- Made additions to the plugin’s FAQ section
- Added screenshots to the WordPress plugin documentation
- Fixed a bug that can cause the plugin to not function due to an uncommon interaction with WordPress’s wpautop ‘feature’
- Added the ability to display a title and/or an exerpt on each image in a gallery
- Added a CSS customization page to the website to assist with styling the gallery
- Fixed a bug that causes the lightbox gallery to fail when loading a default image
- Added a fix that will allow Cactus Masonry to function even if its installed in an unexpected folder on the server
- Added version number to main div class for easier debugging
- Added some manual installation instructions
- Added some detail to the FAQ section of the documentation
- Bug fix to address issue that presents itself when infinite_scroll=’false’
- Bug fix to address older versions of PHP
- Updated the infinite scroll to allow for IE8 compatibility
- Fixed bug in infinite scroll code that would sometimes stop a page from loading until the user scrolled the page up
- Improved the infinite scroll loading buffer to better address a range of scenarios
- Removed the spinner from the loading box when run within IE8 to reduce outdated browser related bugs
- Cleaned up code to slightly improve performance and improve backwards compatibility
- Fixed a small typo and updated a link in the documentation
- Added the upgrade notice
- Modified documentation to improve readability
- Fixed a bug that affected the post/page sort order since the last update
- Added link to plugin home page in short description
- Updated function names to reduce the chance of a conflict
- Restructured some code to improve flow and testing capabilities
- Added the ability to specify a default image. Now posts without a featured image can be shown if a default image is specified.
- Added the ability to search for posts, pages, posts and pages, or nothing at all
- Added an instructions page under the WordPress Dashboard Settings menu
- Improved documentation on website to address new features
- Improved plugin short description to reduce confusion
- Reorganized code output to fix a W3C compliance issue
- Small code layout fixes
- Fixed an error that could occur when displaying posts with an apostrophe in their title
- Masonry Post Gallery is renamed to Cactus Masonry
- Improved documentation on Cactus Masonry website
- Plugin documentation has been rewritten
- The [cactus-masonry] shortcode can now be used (while maintaining reverse compatibility)
- Added the search_start parameter which allows the post query to be offset by a given number of posts
- Added the page_size parameter which allows the post query to be limited to a given number of matches
- Implemented an option to show or hide the infinite scroll loader
- Updated the documentation to use the masonry website and shortcode generator
- Added links to the masonry home page to the WordPress plugin page
- Greatly improved gallery efficiency on load and window resize
- Fixed a layout sizing error when maxWidth is set
- Fixed error that occurs on multipage galleries
- Fixed script breaking bug caused by typo
- Fixed error on IE8 that stopped images from loading
- Fixed incompatibility with IE8 that affected the loading box
- Now masonry disables on IE7 and earlier
- A compatibility fix for different versions of PHP
- Added infinite scroll functionality to improve loading speed on larger pages
- Added the infinite_scroll parameter to toggle infinite scroll
- Added the posts_per_page to determine the number of images to load each time with the infinite scroll
- Made the loading box float at the top centre of the screen
- Addressed graphical bugs with the loading box
- Improved code efficiency
- Removed support for the height parameter set as a percentage
- Fixed a bug that stopped the height parameter from working properly
- Fixed a bug that stopped the vertical spacing parameter from working properly
- Fixed a bug that made the vertical spacing half that of the horizontal spacing
- Fixed a bug with the hover colour parameter
- Fixed a bug where the loading box will block mouse clicks
- Set the default horizontal and vertical spacing values to 10
- Fixed a bug that stopped the category parameter from working
- Fixed a bug where the gallery would always appear at the top of the page
- Added a number of code improvements including an external CSS file
- Changed how the borders work to make them more reliable and even
- Changed how the spacing and widths behave to make percentage based column layouts more reliable
- Added a flexible border parameter called soft_gutter
- Fixed a bug where the fit_width parameter would break the code
- Set fit_width to “false” by default as it interacts with columns set to a percentage width causing the page to look wrong while loading
- Made stylesheet improvements to fix minor display issues
- Small documentation errors have been fixed
- Published fit_width parameter to documentation
- Updated documentation to suite changes
- Changed the plugins version numbering system to better match WordPress standards and easier to update
- Fixed the percentage column/row width/height functionality. Now 33% will give three columns with images fitting their column sizes.
- Added the option to specify whether each image will link to its post, itself, a different sized version of itself, or nowhere
- Added the capability to display a lightbox style gallery using the show_lightbox parameter
- Removed any absolute paths to the plugins directory to make plugin more robust to future WordPress versions
- Fixed some more bugs that have arose with certain image size and alignment functionality
- Fixed the percentage width and height functionalities
- Fixed a problem with boolean shortcode parameters
- Fixed an inconsistancy in the wording of the shortcode instructions
- Updated the documentation to recognize these changes
- Updated upscaling feature. Now has the option to independently set max_height and max_width for upscaled objects.
- Updated the documentation to recognize these changes
- Added upscaling feature. Now images that are shorter or narrower than a specified width or height can be upscaled until they reach the specified size. The image thumbnail quality will be increased until it reaches the largest size available, reaches the largest size specified under the max_upscale_size parameter, or reaches or exceeds the max_height or max_width parameters.
- Removed support for percentages in the max_height and max_width fields
- Updated the documentation to include new features
- Added padding to the top of the loading box
- Incompletely implemented post_order and post_orderby parameters fixed
- Default max_width and max_height parameters changed to “none”
- Default horizontal_spacing and vertical_spacing set to 0
- Minor correction made to the parameters section of the documentation to reflect these changes
- Minor correction made to the parameters section of the documentation to fix incorrect parameter options
- Additional information added to the parameters section of the documentation to clarify the behaviour of the vertical and horizontal spacing
- The initial version is released. This is a testing beta, so there will be revisions, and some features may not work as planned.