Automatically add a thumbnail for your posts. Retrieve first image from Google (based on post title) and add it as featured image
|Author:||Magic Post Thumbnail (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.8.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||16-05-2012|
|Total downloads:||145 649|
|Active installs:||9 000+|
Click to start download
Automatically generate thumbnails & images for your posts !
Retrieve images from Google Images, Flickr or Pixabay thanks to API, based on your post title, text analysis and much more. The plugin add picture as your featured thumbnail or inside the post when you publish the post.
The plugin allow you to configure some settings for your automatics images : Image bank, language search, posts types chosen, image type, free-to-use or not, image size and much more.
New feature : Images based on text analysis !
What is included ?
Magic Post Thumbnail for FREE
- Generate Thumbnail for one post
- Generate Thumbnails for Posts, Pages & Custom Post Types
- Image based on Titles or Text Analysis
- Images from Google Image, Google API, Pixabay or Flickr
- Mass Image Generation for chosen posts or chosen taxonomies
- Comptability with WPeMatico, CyberSyn, Rss Post Importer, FeedWordPress, WP All Import and more!
Magic Post Thumbnail PRO
- Customisable Crons
- Images from Youtube, ShutterStock, Getty Images or Unsplash
- Image based on Tags, Categories, Custom Fields
- Image generated randomized
- Restricted domains
- Setup a proxy
- 24h Support
Magic post thumbnail is improving progressively. Feel free to post on the forum or email to give your suggestion or warn about a bug.
- More translations (you can help)
- Improve integration with Gutemberg editor
Support the plugin
If you’ve found the plugin useful, please consider making a donation. Thank you for your support !
Magic Post Thumbnail : Bulk Generation
Magic post Thumbnail : Settings
Magic post Thumbnail : Image Banks
Magic post Thumbnail : Cron
Magic post Thumbnail : Generate featured images for post types
Magic post Thumbnail : Generate featured images for taxonomies
There are several ways :
- You can generate an image when you update a post.
- You can mass generate thumbnails for posts. Go into the list of your posts, choose posts or taxonomy you want to get thumbnails, and into “Bulk Actions” choose “Generate featured images”
- You can also automatically schedule generation with crons with the Pro version.
Yes you can generate image as much as you want.
Yes! You can ask us any question through our support page.
- Fix Wp All import : avoid images with double generation
- Add do_action(‘mpt_after_create_thumb’) after generation
- Add trim() to Google Image (API) for ID & Key
- Remove some errors “Post box not check”
- PRO : Fix with FIFU Compatibility
- Error with readme
- Security fix
- New Freemius version
- Fix Regex with Google Image Method
- Fix with Google Image Method
- Fix with Google Image Method
- Fix problem with all banks except Google due to last update
- PRO : Add notice about proxies : Work only with HTTPS protocol
- Improved results: Remove more empty images that may appear
- Freemius update
- PRO : Add “Blacklisted domains”
- PRO : Add Username & Password for proxy
- Fix errors with custom post types and excluded categories
- Improved results: Remove some empty images that may appear
- Link between media & post into the media library
- PRO : Add “Featured Image from URL” plugin compatibility
- Fix problem with WP All import and custom fields
- Add “Text_analyser” for “Based on” option
- Add logs
- Add Affiliation tab
- PRO : Fix bug with categories for image into posts
- Fix broken banks (all except Google Image)
- Fix “select all” input for free version
- Improve regex for Google Image
- Repair scraping for Google Image
- “Select all” input for some settings
- Parameters for js & css files for problems with browser cache
- PRO : Add proxy settings
- New Bulk generation design
- Work with resizers plugins
- More Google Image Sizes
- New setting : Image format
- Remove useless files
- Change image generation method : use admin-ajax now
- Fix error with “Restricted domains” textarea
- PRO : Fix problem with crons that don’t fire
- PRO : Fix problem with crons, – pages images don’t generate
- PRO : Better design in Crons settings (interval & Post date)
- PRO : New setting – Image generation into posts