Learninglog offers teachers and learners advanced functions to use WordPress as a learning tool.
|Author:||Tom, andrea.cantieni (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.3.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||03-12-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||8 098|
Click to start download
Learninglog is a free, open source plugin for WordPress. It offers teachers and learners advanced functions to use WordPress as a learning tool which includes
- an administration interface for teachers to set up learninglogs for students
- the possibility for teachers to create assignments for groups or individuals
- easy ways to collect and review answers from individual learninglogs
- advanced privacy settings for each learninglog entry, that can be labeled private, visible for a specific group or visible for the www
- a simplicity toggle, to switch advanced wordpress functions on or off, more user friendly, especially for young learners
Learninglog is a project of the Institute for Media and Schools at University of Teacher Education Central Switzerland, PHZ Schwyz.
Answer to an assignment (as student)
Admin learninglog (as super (network) admin)
Create new assignment (as teacher)
Are there themes included?
Yes. There are two BuddyPress compatible themes included. You can activate them through the themes section of the super (network) admin menu.
One is called ‘Learninglog Home Template’ and is intended to be set as the current theme for the super admin.
The second is called ‘Learninglog User Template’ and is intended to be set as the current theme for all the other users/blogs.
What is the ‘Admin CSS’ component?
The ‘Admin CSS’ component is by default deactivated and can be activated by the super admin in the ‘Admin learninglog’ section. By doing so, the administration area of all users/blogs are adjusted to the design of the learninglog theme (see above).
What is the SidebarLeft sidebar?
If the ‘Learninglog Home Template’ is set as the current theme (see above), widgets can be placed on the left side of the home screen, as for exampple pages or plain text.
- admin menus are now compatible with WordPress 3.3
- themes are now compatible with BuddyPress 1.5
- installation procedure is now compatible with BuddyPress 1.5
- fixed a bug not showing all users for specific user visibility
- fixed some more bugs mainly concerning compatibility with WordPress 3.3 and BuddyPress 1.5 (for details see development log in trac)
- admin menus are now compatible with WordPress 3.2
- admin menus are now compatible with the WordPress 3.1 network admin screen
- fixed a lot of bugs (var definitions) to prevent php warnings
- disabled admin menu bar in themes
- added preview images for themes
- fixed a bug in pagination of the group’s home section
- fixed a bug not showing correct blog info on the bottom of the group’s home section
- fixed a bug relating to the ‘visible from’ feature
- Initial release.