Jomres is a hotel/villa booking system and portal for Joomla and WordPress.
|Author:||Vince Wooll (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.3.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||28-04-2014|
|Total downloads:||21 859|
Click to start download
Dashboard, clean and simple. Property managers can add their own widgets and drag and drop to change their position.
The Property Details editing page, with drag n' drop for the map.
Search results, List view.
Search results, Photo view.
The Property Details page, which is the main source of information for the resources you're renting out, be it a hotel, villa or something like a toolhire business. Note, all screenshots are from a Jomres template running Bootstrap 3.
Quick Booking modal from the Dashboard. Receptionist/Manager only feature.
The Media Centre, allows easy uploading of JPG and PNG images.
More information on the Property Details page.
The Normal Tariff editing mode. This is the simple way to enter prices into the system, but the more powerful Micromanage mode offers more flexible pricing.
In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New
Search for “Jomres”
Click Install and activate the plugin.
Jomres Core is free but its real power comes from its plugins.
Is Jomres free?
Yes. Jomres follows the Open Core business model for Open Source projects. The Jomres Core itself is free to download and install. To help pay the bills some features of the system are delivered as plugins in the Jomres Plugin Manager, to download those you will need a license key saved in your Jomres installation’s Site Configuration page.
What do I get for free?
Tried and tested Jomres is a true bookings portal and has thousands of users who’ve helped us to fine-tune the system to make it the best in it’s class.
Large and enthusiastic community forum Before choosing a competitor, check out their forums, if they have one. In our experience a plugin’s real value can be determined from a forum’s activity, it is the heart and soul of the project. If the forum’s dead, so is the project. Don’t believe fake reviews, look for yourself.
Totally multilingual 45 language files are included by default. Unique label editing feature allows each property to have their own labels, and our Language Context feature allows different property types to have completely different language files.
Supports both Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap 3, another first Completely responsive. We have adhered to the BS2 and BS3 coding standards religiously, so Jomres will work in any theme that uses Bootstrap. As always, where we lead other Booking systems will follow.
Works for just single property sites, or multiple properties Equally suited to booking hotels, B&Bs and individual properties like apartments and villas, cars, boats and tools.
Intelligent, Ajax driven reservation system Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for guests to make bookings. Two different room list styles, autodetect guest country, even disable the depature date input altogether. Each property can have different Required fields in the form. Property managers can enable/disable booking functionality on each property at the flick of a switch. For hotels, single person supplements can be applied in the event of under-occupancy. Each property chooses it’s own currency and pricing output format. Create new WordPress users when unregistered users book for the first time. Room locking means that if one person selects a room during booking, another person using the form at the same time can’t book the same room.
Optimised for performance our clients have successfully used it on websites with more than 30,000 properties listed. Guests, invoices and booking listings are all Ajax driven meaning that it deals with large data volumes very easily.
Bookings per night or per day Deposits can be a percentage or flat rate, or the first day’s booking cost. Variable depsosits based on the number days from today determine if the deposit paid should be a smaller fee, or the whole booking cost.
We listen to our users The property manager’s User Interface has been designed after consulting with real property managers to provide the most logical User eXperience possible.
Clear separation of Site and Property manager responsibilities All property management is done via the front end of the site, no need to allow managers to access the administrator area.
Todo lists They guide your property managers through setting up individual properties, from pricing through to property description and images.
Simple or extended property configuration Site managers choose whether property managers should have few, or many settings to choose from.
Crisp, clean dashboard Drag and click the calendar to create or modify a booking’s room and dates, or drag away to easily cancel a booking.
Slick Media Centre Images are exceptionally easy to upload, and you can upload images for the main asset image, property list slideshow, main property page slideshow and more. Small, medium and large images are created automatically and the slideshow for displaying images is fully responsive.
Calendars Several different calendars for displaying occupancies and arrivals and departures. Whether it’s a villa or hotel, you’ll know at a glance how busy you are.
Amend bookings After a booking has been created, add extras to bookings while the guest is on-site, or completely change the booking’s dates and prices.
Email templates Property managers can customise the email templates to suit their individual properties.
Detailed invoicing Shows all line items, including tax. Additional items added to invoices can have their own tax rates.
Taxes Accommodation and other services can each use their own tax codes.
Guests have their own accounts Their details are remembered from visit to visit.
Guest dashboard This allows them to easily see their bookings, invoices and favourite properties.
Contact form If the guest’s not ready to book right away, they can contact the hotel directly through a simple form instead.
Elegant Property List Shows multiple views including List and Photo views, plus various sorting features and when a guest sets a budget then properties outside that budget are de-emphasised. Offers both infinite scrolling or paging to show search results.
Property comparison page Guests can compare up to 3 properties at a time.
Property feature icons Create by property managers, they can be defined for all property types, or just one property type.
Review functionality Reviews can either be automatically approved or not, guests can input comments and other reviewers can score a review’s helpfulness.
Fully automatic exchange rate conversion No configuration required at all, just request a free API key from OpenExchangeRates and Jomres will download the current rates daily and use them as needed.
Plugins plugins plugins Using our plugin philosophy, all areas of Jomres functionality can be modified. This has helped to breed a healthy and diverse plugin community.
Modular It’s designed to be third party plug-in friendly. See the extension specific plugins page here on the JED, or visit our Partners page.
Google maps well supported Drag and drop pointers or type your address for the pointer to move. Choose to show POI’s or not, and choose a map colour scheme that suits your site’s theme. 30+ map styles so that the maps match your site’s theme.
QR codes in both front and back end facing pages Receptionists can scan a customer’s booking printout and immediately book them in on arrival. Guests can scan QR codes to be taken to directions to the property.
Logging Detailed logging for the data-nerds out there. Extensive log files that are cycled regularly, and logging can be sent to a remote syslog server.
Recaptcha Uses the most modern No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA in contact forms to reduce spam.
If I purchase a license key what happens when the license expires?
Nothing at all. You continue using the software, although you will not be able to download updates to the plugins.
Is there a manual?
Yup, the manual is available to all users. It’s very well documented, and there are video tutorials if you prefer to learn that way.
Is there a demo?
Yes, see here This demo is built in WordPress and uses our extremely popular Leohtian template. You can download a copy of this site as we offer all of our demos as Quickstart packages, which make it very simple and quick to deploy a new Jomres and WordPress installation for your clients.
Where can I get support?
Jomres 9.9.16 20/11/2017
- Added room names and numbers to Amend Booking panel in booking form when editing a booking.
- Added functionality to allow payment gateways to pass transaction ids and payment methods to invoice line items.
Email Admin when Jomres has a New Update
Made the version check a cron job
- Removed a depreciated setting from jomres_config.php
- Added PROPERTY_NAME_FULL to property list templates.
- Small improvement when detecting the localhost ip
- Added ability to add extra information to developer output on fatal error, and added query details to jomres_database.class.php
- Moved where the 00015 trigger point is fired in viewproperty script.
- Added ability to pass “redirect_url” in $_REQUEST and let jomresRedirect function use that instead of the url passed by the calling method.
- Added support for displaying transaction id and gateway in admin invoices too, plus some minor layout tweaks
- Removed an unneeded global in the en-GB language file
- Modified the link to the max input vars explanation page to point to a new page in the manual.
- Added a button to close the jomres review message that shows up in admin cpanel
- Removed a require in logging class that’s no longer needed.
- Improved logging of missing classes caused sometimes by incomplete updates
Moved where we check if the request is an ajax call in integration.php
Fixed a notice in view booking page caused by deleting guest types
- Resolved a notice in booking insert regarding channel_manager_booking flag.
Jomres 9.9.15 06/11/2017
- Added a flag to mark if a booking is from a channel manager or not. Depending on this, the commission plugin will add or not add the booking commission line item to the unissued invoice.
- Changed how balance is calculated in booking emails. Only calculate balance if deposit was paid. If not, the full amount is the balance.
- Improved rooms dropdown in media centre to include room type too, beside room name and number
- Added a default value for channel_manager_booking in the temp booking handler.
- Added a warning to the showplugins script to alert if the zipArchive extension is not installed in PHP
- Changed what happens after the key is saved by the auto installer. Forces the license cache file to be updated more quickly.
- Modified how guest type numbers are retrieved when editing a booking.
- Tweaked a backtrace to provide more information.
- Better sanitize the uploaded images filenames
- Renamed shortcode_parser class to jomres_shortcode_parser to avoid naming conflicts with 3rd party wp plugins
- Removed 3 obsolete classes
- Added automatic cleanup on uninstall functionality.
Added review request to admin control panel.
Fixed an issue where autoloader wasn’t being called by api
- Fixed an incorrect path that prevented the authorisation url for oauth authorisation requests
- Solved a problem with map height not being applied properly
- Creative way to catch errors related to classes that don
t exist anymore, for example when upgrading Jomres, so they wont throw a fatal error anymore and allow updating. Composer update done too.
- Solved a problem with joomla menu item urls which had duplicated ? sign.
- Solved a problem related to duplicate last minute discount on invoices.
Jomres 9.9.14 10/10/2017
- Implemented new code that allows site admins to register trial license keys through the administrator area.
- Removed api vendor dir as now all api libraries are included in the core
Added property publish method to jomres properties class. Improved property config so that we won`t get all property configs from db, but just the configs for the properties we need
Solved a partner discount incorrect amount on invoices
- Improved installer to remove duplicate records from jomres custom text table and after that add a unique index to prevent future duplicates.
Jomres 9.9.13 29/09/2017
- Fixed an issue when creating new Joomla users in J! 3.8 Thanks Rod.
- Solved a bug on fresh installs which prevented the proper creation of guest profiles table
- Solved a problem with default value of language_context on fresh installs
- Solved a problem in jomres settings table which prevented an index being created because the akey column length was higher than 1000 bytes, so changed the akey column length to varchar(100). Should be more than enough for any setting name.
Jomres 9.9.12 27/09/2017
- Flight library moved to top level vendor directory
- manager_properties_none.html updated to produce output to advise user to use a different property manager for webhooks.
- Plugin images re-added to plugin list as they’re now (mostly) on an ssl enabled server.
- Added an option to property types to set if this property type allows stars classification or not. Depending on this, the stars input will be shown/not shown in edit property page.
Added BOOKING_LENGTH output to emails (number of days/nights)
Modified api, a change to dependencies broke the api’s ability to find the http_build_url function that was recently moved.
- When amending a booking from dashboard, check availability even if this is just a room switch. It may happen that the currently checked in guest with a departure overdue may not be in the current view. Thanks Jad Makhlouta for pointing this out.
- Return empty array if no custom fields are available for this property type id
- Removed output_filters function override because we use that function even before the 00001 trigger point