Just Map It! for WordPress plugin is provided by Social Computing. It enables the visualization of your blog posts as an interactive map.
|Author:||Social Computing (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.4.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||17-02-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||4 212|
Click to start download
Just Map It! for WordPress is a plugin that enables the visualization of a blog posts map. Posts are positioned in relation to the keywords they share. The map is a navigation tool : allowing you to center on any post and to discover related contents around this post. We applied this plugin to our News stream. Just try it!
New on this 2.0 release
- A new Just Map It! WordPress shortcode allows you to insert maps in your blog posts and pages. More on the shortcode and the available parameters on the "Other notes" page.
- Complete rewrite of the plugin and the settings pages, now using the WordPress settings API and settings sections.
- From the 2.0.3 this plugin now supports WordPress installations with PolyLang plugin enabled. The related posts map at the bottom of blog posts only query posts with the same language as the one being read by the user. Thanks to Thomas Leisner for tests and feedback, see http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-just-map-it-cant-get-jmi-to-work for details.
For more information check the "Changelog" section.
- Center on a blog post and explore related posts
- Highlight a tag on the map and the posts annotated with that tag
- Navigate to a post page to read post content
- From a tag, go to it's archive page and read posts containing that tag
We need your help
We keep improving this plugin and we need some feedback to make it better. If you have any issue or have feature requests, please open a new topic on the plugin support forum. See the link "View support forum" on the right column.
Love this plugin and use it on your blog ? please rate it and inform other wordpress users that you like it.
Incompatible plugins list
These plugins are known to cause issues with Just Map It!:
- Like: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/like/ (not updated for more than 2 years)