Supercharge your WordPress site with powerful features previously only available to WordPress.com users.
|Author:||Automattic (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||5.4|
|WordPress version tested:||5.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-01-2011|
|Total downloads:||188 525 336|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
Security, performance, and site management: the best way to WordPress is with Jetpack.
24/7 Site Security
Jetpack is your site’s security detail, guarding you against brute-force attacks and unauthorized logins. Basic protection is always free, while premium plans add expanded backup and automated fixes. Jetpack’s full suite of site security tools include:
- Brute-force attack protection, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring.
- Backups of your entire site, either once daily or in real time.
- Secure login, with optional two-factor authentication.
- Malware scanning, code scanning, and automated threat resolution.
- A record of every change on your site to simplify troubleshooting.
- Fast, priority support from WordPress experts.
Activate site accelerator tools and watch your page load times decrease — we’ll optimize your images and serve them from our own powerful global network, and speed up your mobile site to reduce bandwidth usage (and save money!). Connect Jetpack to take advantage of:
- Elasticsearch-powered related content and site search, for relevant results with no drain on your servers.
- Lazy load images for a faster mobile experience.
- Unlimited and high-speed video via our content delivery network.
Effortless Site Management
Create and customize your WordPress site, optimize it for visitors and revenue, and enjoy watching your stats tick up. Built it, share it, and watch it grow with:
- Advanced site stats and analytics for understanding your audience.
- Hundreds of professional themes, for a pro site no matter what your niche.
- Intuitive and powerful customization tools to match your website to your brand.
- Simple PayPal payment buttons for selling products and services.
- SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com to maximize your reach.
- An advertising program that includes the best of AdSense, Facebook Ads, AOL, Amazon, Google AdX, and Yahoo.
- Integration with the official WordPress mobile apps, to manage your site from anywhere.
We have a global team of Happiness Engineers ready to help you. Ask your questions in the support forum, or contact us directly.
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Install Jetpack from our site in minutes.
Keep hackers out with brute force attack protection, malware scanning, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring. Secure your site data with on-demand backups and restores.
Load pages faster, and serve your images and static files from our massive global content delivery network.
Customize your website with professionally-designed WordPress themes, blocks, and widgets.
Promote your newest posts, pages, and products across your social media channels.
Is Jetpack free?
Yes! Jetpack’s core features are and always will be free.
Should I purchase a paid plan?
Jetpack’s paid services include real-time backups, security scanning, premium themes, spam filtering, video hosting, site monetization, SEO tools, search, priority support, and more.
To learn more about the essential security and WordPress services we provide, visit our plan comparison page.
Why do I need a WordPress.com account?
Since Jetpack and its services are provided and hosted by WordPress.com, a WordPress.com account is required for Jetpack to function.
I already have a WordPress account, but Jetpack isn’t working. What’s going on?
A WordPress.com account is different from the account you use to log into your self-hosted WordPress. If you can log into WordPress.com, then you already have a WordPress.com account. If you can’t, you can easily create one during installation.
How do I view my stats?
How do I contribute to Jetpack?
- Release date: August 4, 2020
- Release post: https://wp.me/p1moTy-rs2
- Blocks: update categories to improve discoverability.
- Connection Flow: improve experience of any additional users of your site that may want to link their WordPress.com account.
- Dashboard: add Jetpack Anti-spam to the product list in the dashboard.
- External Media: add ability to show google photos for a specific month or year.
- Infinite Scroll: improve accessibility of the “Load More” behavior.
- Instant Search: add support for excluding certain post types from search results.
- Mailchimp Block: show error message on email validation error.
- Markdown block: improve handling of long links with custom characters, as well as em- and en- dashes.
- Payments block: add extra customization options to the Submit button.
- Performance: use WordPress-provided wp_resource_hints for DNS prefetching.
- Podcast Player block: start saving content in post content for better compatibility with non-WordPress tools.
- Sharing: add direct link to share button customization for logged-in admins.
- Widgets: introduce new Instagram Widget.
- Widgets: add additional options to the Twitter Timeline widget.
- Widgets: add the rel attribute to links with target=”_blank” in the Social Icons widget.
- WordAds: update ad units to be more flexible and dynamic.
- Blocks: add default text color to all buttons in AMP mode.
- Connection Flow: improve the display of any connection errors, and provide more tools to help fix those connection errors.
- Contact Form: updates based on language improvements in WordPress 5.5.
- Deprecated hooks: Use native WordPress functionality for deprecated hooks.
- Deprecation Notices: provide more information about deprecated files and functions.
- General: ensure Jetpack’s full compatibility with the upcoming WordPress 5.5 release.
- General: update Jetpack’s minimum required WordPress version to 5.4, in anticipation of the upcoming WordPress 5.5 release.
- General: update Jetpack to support new environment type features introduced in WordPress 5.5.
- Infinite Scroll: fix layout issue when used with the P2 theme.
- Latest Instagram Posts block: fix layout when used with the AMP plugin.
- Synchronization: improve stability of the connection between your site and WordPress.com.
- WordPress.com REST API: adjust API response based on language improvements in WordPress 5.5.
- Asset CDN: avoid returning a directory when setting the local path for translation files.
- Carousel: ensure jQuery is loaded when using the Carousel feature.
- Contact Form: fix alignment of radio and checkbox items.
- Connection: ensure the connection flow can be completed when third-party cookies are disabled.
- External Media: ensure that images inserted from Pexels or Google Photos are attached to the post you’re composing.
- General: avoid issues on sites hosted on a Windows server environment.
- General: avoid PHP notices when managing your site via the WordPress Desktop app.
- Gathering Tweetstorms: don’t enable the Unroll button until after a Twitter URL has been entered and verified.
- Latest Instagram Posts block: stop showing cached galleries after the Instagram connection has been deleted.
- Likes: resolve a potential PHP notice.
- Media Tools: resolve potential PHP notice.
- OpenTable block: ensure additional CSS classes are populated correctly.
- Subscriptions block: Stop saving localized attributes defaults in the block content.
- Tiled Gallery block: do not load the block when your site is not connected to WordPress.com.
- Twitter Cards: resolve potential PHP notice.