Supercharge your WordPress site with powerful features previously only available to WordPress.com users.
|Author:||Automattic (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||5.5|
|WordPress version tested:||5.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-01-2011|
|Total downloads:||212 559 941|
|Active installs:||5 000 000+|
Click to start download
Security, performance, and site management: the best way to WordPress is with Jetpack.
24/7 Site Security
Jetpack is your site’s security detail, guarding you against brute-force attacks and unauthorized logins. Basic protection is always free, while premium plans add expanded backup and automated fixes. Jetpack’s full suite of site security tools include:
- Brute-force attack protection, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring.
- Backups of your entire site, either once daily or in real time.
- Secure login, with optional two-factor authentication.
- Malware scanning, code scanning, and automated threat resolution.
- A record of every change on your site to simplify troubleshooting.
- Fast, priority support from WordPress experts.
Activate site accelerator tools and watch your page load times decrease — we’ll optimize your images and serve them from our own powerful global network, and speed up your mobile site to reduce bandwidth usage (and save money!). Connect Jetpack to take advantage of:
- Elasticsearch-powered related content and site search, for relevant results with no drain on your servers.
- Lazy load images for a faster mobile experience.
- Unlimited and high-speed video via our content delivery network.
Effortless Site Management
Create and customize your WordPress site, optimize it for visitors and revenue, and enjoy watching your stats tick up. Built it, share it, and watch it grow with:
- Advanced site stats and analytics for understanding your audience.
- Hundreds of professional themes, for a pro site no matter what your niche.
- Intuitive and powerful customization tools to match your website to your brand.
- Simple PayPal payment buttons for selling products and services.
- SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com to maximize your reach.
- An advertising program that includes the best of AdSense, Facebook Ads, AOL, Amazon, Google AdX, and Yahoo.
- Integration with the official WordPress mobile apps, to manage your site from anywhere.
We have a global team of Happiness Engineers ready to help you. Ask your questions in the support forum, or contact us directly.
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Install Jetpack from our site in minutes.
Jetpack Security provides easy-to-use, comprehensive WordPress site security including backups, malware scanning, and spam protection.
Save every change with real-time backups and get back online quickly with one-click restores.
Automated malware scanning and one-click fixes keep your site one step ahead of security threats.
Promote your newest posts, pages, and products across your social media channels.
Yes! Jetpack’s core features are and always will be free.
These include: site stats, a high-speed CDN for images, related posts, downtime monitoring, brute force attack protection, automated sharing to social networks, sidebar customization, and much more.
It depends on your site and what kind of protection, performance, and design you need. If you make money from your site, the answer is often “yes.” For context, Jetpack’s paid services include real-time backups, security scanning, premium themes, spam filtering, video hosting, site monetization, SEO (search engine optimization) tools, search, priority support, and more.
To learn more about the essential security and WordPress services we provide and see how we can improve your site, visit our plans page.
Since Jetpack and its services are provided and hosted by WordPress.com, a WordPress.com account is required for Jetpack to function.
A WordPress.com account is different from the account you use to log into your self-hosted WordPress. If you can log into WordPress.com, then you already have a WordPress.com account. If you can’t, you can easily create oneduring installation.
Once you’ve installed Jetpack, your stats will be available on your Jetpack dashboard and through the official WordPress mobile app.
Jetpack is the ultimate toolkit for WP for both the classic editor and the block editor, giving you everything you need for a professional site. It includes the following features:
- Activity log — Monitor all site changes for debug, troubleshooting, or maintenance
- Ads — Earn income by displaying high quality ads on your site.
- Beautiful Math — Use the LaTeX markup language for writing complex mathematical equations, formulas, and more.
- Carousel slider — Display a gorgeous full-screen photo browsing experience with comments and EXIF metadata.
- Comments — Replace your default comment form with an improved system with integrated social media login options.
- Comment Likes — Allows readers to like other comments to show their agreement, approval, or appreciation.
- Contact Form — Offer your readers the ability to get in touch, without giving out your personal email address.
- Custom CSS — Customize the appearance of your theme without creating a child theme or worrying about updates overwriting your customizations.
- Custom Content Types — Adds custom post types (CPTs) to your site.
- Downtime Monitor — Alerts you via electronic mail if your site goes down to ensure you keep uptime.
- Enhanced Distribution — Increase your reach by allowing your content to be included in the WordPress.com “firehose” of public blog content.
- Extra Sidebar Widgets — Extra widgets you can add to your blog, including RSS Links, Twitter Timelines, and Facebook Like Boxes.
- Gravatar Hovercards — Make your Gravatar profile visible to those viewing your blog.
- Google Analytics (GA) — Track your WordPress site statistics thanks to Google Analytics.
- Infinite Scroll — Pulls the next posts automatically into view when the reader approaches the bottom of the page.
- JSON API — Authorizes applications and services to securely connect to your blog, and allows them to use your content or offer you new functionality.
- Lazy Load Images — Makes pages load faster by only lazy loading images that are on the screen, and loads other images as the user scrolls
- Likes — Allows readers to show their appreciation for your posts with a single click.
- Markdown — Allows you to compose posts and comments with links, lists, and other styles using regular characters and punctuation marks. Markdown is used by writers and bloggers who want a quick and easy way to write rich text without having to take their hands off the keyboard.
- Notifications — Receive notifications for new comments and Likes in your admin bar and on your mobile device.
- oEmbed Support — easily embed images, posts, and links from Facebook and Instagram.
- Plugin Management — Allows easy site maintenance by choosing which plugins update automatically.
- Post by Email — Publish posts using any mail client.
- Protect — Protect your site from traditional and distributed brute force login attacks.
- Publicize — Share new posts on social media networks automatically, or schedule future shares with custom messages.
- Related Posts — Show contextual posts your visitors might be interested in reading after they’re done with their current post.
- Secure Auth — Secure WordPress.com powered login used by millions of sites with optional 2FA (two factor authentication) for extra protection.
- Security Scanning — Anti-virus, malware, and threat detection for your WordPress site with automated resolution.
- Search — A powerful replacement for WordPress’ built-in search, powered by Elasticsearch in the WordPress.com cloud
- SEO Tools — Optimize your site for search engines by taking advantage of our SEO tools.
- Sharing — Adds sharing buttons to your blog posts so readers can easily share your content.
- Shortcode Embeds — Embed videos from YouTube, tweets from Twitter, and other media across the web.
- Site Backup — Automatically back up your entire site. Duplicate, clone, migrate, and easily restore.
- Site Stats — View site visits by date, as well as most popular Pages and Posts.
- Site Verification — Verify your site for use with Google, Bing, and Pinterest and their tools.
- Sitemap — Generate a list of pages to be indexed by search engines like Google or Bing.
- Spam Filtering — Automatically filter out spam comments, product reviews, or contact form submissions.
- Subscriptions — Allow visitors to receive notifications of your latest posts or comments.
- Tiled Galleries — Display your image galleries in three different styles: a rectangular mosaic, a square mosaic, and a circular grid.
- Video Hosting — Upload videos for fast, reliable hosting on WordPress.com.
- WP.me Shortlinks — Generate short and simple links to your content using the wp.me domain.
- Widget Visibility — Configure widgets to appear only on specific pages.
- WordPress.com Toolbar — The WordPress.com Toolbar feature replaces the default admin bar and offers quick links to the Reader, all your sites, your WordPress.com profile, and notifications.
Blocks are the individual sections that make up a page. There are many block types for you to use. Each block can be edited or moved independently of other blocks. The following is a list of all blocks currently available in Jetpack.
- Ad Block – The Ad block allows you to insert a Jetpack Ad unit anywhere within the content of any post or page.
- Business Hours Block – The Business Hours block allows you to display your business’s opening hours on your site.
- Calendly Block – Jetpack’s Calendly block allows your visitors to schedule one-on-one appointments, group events, and team meetings directly from your website.
- Contact Info Block – The Contact Info block lets you add your contact information (email address, physical address, phone number) to any post or page.
- Donations Block – The Donations block lets you add a payment button to any post or page for a donation, tips, and other contributions, using Stripe as the payment gateway.
- Eventbrite Block – With the Eventbrite block you can embed events on posts or pages.
- Form Block – The Form block lets you add a form to your post or page.
- GIF Block – The GIF block allows you to easily search for and embed an animated GIF image from Giphy directly into a post or page on your WordPress site.
- Google Calendar Block – The Google Calendar block allows you to easily embed a Google Calendar into your post or page
- Image Compare Block – The Image Compare Block allows you to display and compare the differences between two images side by side (or above and below) thanks to a slider.
- Latest Instagram Posts Block – The Latest Instagram Posts Block lets you display your most recent images from Instagram on your site. The block update automatically updates when you post new images to Instagram.
- Mailchimp Block – The Mailchimp block allows visitors to join your Mailchimp list.
- Map Block – The Map Block allows you to add a map to any post or page on your site.
- Markdown Block – With the Markdown block you can create formatted content using only regular characters and some punctuation marks.
- OpenTable Block – With the OpenTable block, you can add a reservation form on posts or pages.
- Pay with PayPal Block – Pay with PayPal lets you add a payment button to any post or page, and immediately start taking PayPal payments for physical products, digital goods, or a donation.
- Payments Block – The Payments Block lets you add a payment button using Stripe as the payment gateway. It works for one-time and recurring payments.
- Pinterest Block – The Pinterest block is the easiest way to embed Pinterest content to your site: it allows you to embed boards, profiles, and pins.
- Podcast Player Block – Jetpack’s Podcast Player block allows you to easily show your visitors a listing of recent episodes from a podcast and play them on your website.
- Related Posts Block – The Related Posts feature scans all of your posts’ contents, analyzes it, and uses that to display contextual posts your visitors might be interested in reading after they’re finished with the current post.
- Repeat Visitor Block – The Repeat Visitor block enables the author to control the visibility of its nested block(s) depending on how many times a visitor has previously visited the page.
- Revue Block – The Revue block creates a simple signup form for readers to opt-in to receive your newsletter.
- Slideshow Block – The Slideshow block lets you insert an image slideshow into a post or page.
- Star Rating Block – The Ratings block allows any site author to add reviews to the site.
- Subscription Form Block – The Subscription Form Block allows you to insert a subscription form within the content area of any post or page, enabling your readers to get notifications when you publish new posts.
- Tiled Gallery Block – With Tiled Galleries you can display your image galleries in four styles: tiled mosaic, circular grid, square tiles, and tiled columns.
- Video Block – The Video block enhances the existing WordPress Video block and allows you to upload videos from your computer to be hosted on WordPress.com, rather than on your host’s servers.
- WhatsApp Button Block – The WhatsAPP Button block will allow your customers to send them a message to enquire about their product or services, or ask for support. Clicking on the button will open WhatsApp and pre-fill the phone number and initial message.
Jetpack has also created extensions for some WordPress core blocks:
- Unrolling Tweet Threads – This extension to the Twitter block allows you to import an entire Tweet thread into the editor as native blocks.
- Social Previews – This extension of the Block Editor allows you to preview what your post / page will look like on search engines and social media.
You don’t need an SSL Certificate to run Jetpack on your WordPress website. However, it’s recommended to integrate them both into your overall security strategy. An SSL certificate (Secure Sockets Layer certificate) creates a secure connection between your website and your site visitors’ browsers. It encrypts any data shared on your site — like addresses, emails, phone numbers, and credit card information — and protects that data from hackers.
If you don’t have an SSL certificate, your site will show a “not secure” warning on users’ browsers, which can reduce your legitimacy in their eyes. SSL certificates also have a positive impact on search engine rankings.
The process of setting up an SSL certificate will depend on your hosting provider. Some hosts include free certificates, while others charge annually.
WP Super Cache works by caching your WordPress pages as static HTML pages so that page requests, for an already cached page, do not need to be processed by the WordPress PHP scripts. Typically, most visitors of your site will view cached versions of the WordPress pages, so your server will have more processing power to serve an increased number of users.
Jetpack has an image CDN that works by caching and serving your WordPress images globally from its own servers. These plugins are both maintained by Automattic and work together to give you ultimate site speed.
Sites must be built on PHP 5.6 or greater, but Jetpack always supports the latest version of PHP.
- Release date: January 14, 2021
- Multisite: avoid Fatals on sites using the WPMUDEV domain mapping plugin.
- SEO Tools: prevent a PHP notice in some situations involving taxonomy or author pages.
- Release date: January 12, 2021
- Release post: https://wp.me/p1moTy-sgZ
- Autoloader: improve performance by caching known plugins.
- Instant Search: improve compatibility with IE11.
- Related Posts: use the semantic time element when displaying dates.
- Sharing: defer loading of the reCAPTCHA library by default.
- AMP: avoid PHP notice on sites using legacy versions of the AMP plugin.
- Dashboard: avoid errors on sites using PHP 8.
- Infinite Scroll: add compatibility for the TwentyTwentyOne theme.
- Search: improve styling for the TwentyTwenty theme.
- Synchronization: improve integrity of synchronization between your site and WordPress.com.
- WordPress.com Toolbar: iterate on the design and functionality of the toolbar to match the toolbar in use on WordPress.com.
- Autoloader: resolve symbolic links in active plugin paths.
- Autoloader: ensure deactivating plugins aren’t cached.
- Blocks: improve sidebar display in non-fullscreen mode.
- Content Options: do not output CSS when it is not needed.
- Instant Search: improve display of tags and categories in search results.
- Lazy Images: attempt to load all images when printing a post, and inform the user when printing if images haven’t been loaded.
- Podcast Player Block: avoid PHP notices in some scenarios.
- Search: limit number of filters automatically set up.
- Slideshow Block: ensure that image captions are always shown, regardless of the theme you’re using.
- Subscription Block: display the correct default placeholder and button text strings in the post editor.
- Subscriptions: fix the behavior of the toggle switches for the comment subscription settings.
- Twitter Threads: improve how Twitter Cards are generated for embeds in the thread preview.
- VideoPress: detect aspect ratios rounding to both 1.77 and 1.78 as 16:9.
- WordPress.com REST API: avoid fatal errors in some scenarios, when updating a post’s metadata.