IdeaPush is a feature request management system for WordPress
|Author:||Martin Gibson (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||27-02-2018|
|Total downloads:||8 696|
Click to start download
The main board display showing the the ideas on the left and the idea creation form on the right
The single idea display with quick edit functions for administrators only
Create a board in seconds
Extensive notification options
Change the primary color of links and icons
Translate the form fields
Please check out the Support tab in the plugin settings for FAQ’s
- You can now finally change the default status and showing filter for ideas! There are 2 new board settings so you can easily change the defaults for these board header filters woohoo!
- More efficienct coding in the header section of the idea table
- Fixed login form on the single idea idea page where form placeholder text would not show
- Fixing of PHP error caused by privacy confirmation message in admin settings
- Important update for compatibility with WordPress 5.2
- Increased permissions for idea manager role
- Minor bug fixes
- Fix for people who want to have an empty option at the start of custom fields from not displaying in the custom fields area
- Bug fixes caused in version 5.1
- Bug fixes caused in version 5
- Some improved translation
- New widgets including a widget to show the leaderboard, a widget to display tags and a widget to display the idea form for a particular board!
- New settings for tag page (please see new tab in plugin settings “Tag Page”) to provide more flexibility as tags are not necessarily associated to boards and this work removes PHP errors that may show in logs
- Minor arrangement of code to minimise errors
- Update to new user role idea push manager, so they can now change the status and boards of ideas
- You can now add a privacy checkbox onto the idea form to comply with EU privacy laws. To add this please go to the settings tab “Idea Form” and enter a message in the new “Privacy Confirmation Message” setting.
- Another attempt to fix role issue which causes plugin break after update
- Fixed tag management issue on the backend
- Fix for update issue with new capability
- Updated status and boards metabox to solve functionality with WordPress 5.1 and to streamline code
- New role called IdeaPush Manager. When a user is assigned to this role they can view and create ideas from the backend and change plugin settings but they can’t do anything else! To activate this new role please deactivate the plugin and then activate it again.
- Renaming of tabs to improve plugin compatibility with other plugins
- Removes IdeaPush user role on plugin deactivate
- Pro users can now update custom field values created by the plugin for an idea on the single idea edit page. Please see the new column “Update Field Value”.
- Important fix so guests can login and vote and create ideas. This feature became broken maybe because of WordPress 5.0
- The description field is no longer required so people can create ideas without a description which can be handy for Q&A and other type of ‘ideas’ which don’t need a description
- Pro update – when clicking on suggested idea when single idea page is disabled we will add phrase to search to more easily find/identify idea
- Pro update – new custom field type called video where a user can copy and paste a YouTube or Vimeo link and it will put it in the idea
- Pro update – new option to show images inline as oppose to a popup
- Pro update – when single idea page is disabled, now we disable link to single idea page when showing suggested ideas
- Tested WordPress 5 compatibility, improved suggestion logic
- Removal of some PHO errors for free users of the plugin
- Fix for people who don’t save form settings initially
- Updated FAQ
- Should clear plugin update cache automatically to remove red error messages for plugin updates
- Fix to php error which could show on tag page
- Increase in max file size for attachments
- Small bug fix to hiding boards from search
- Pro update – new board setting to enable user account creation on the same IP address! Please see the setting “Enable Multi IP’s” for more information. Please note a lot of changes had to be made across the plugin to accomodate this feature so it is advised to do this update after a week or two from 12/10/18 if you don’t desperately need this feature.
- Updates to our support terms for free users of the plugin because of increased rule enforcement on WordPress forums
- Challenges not enabled by default when upgrading from free to pro which can cause confusion
- Fix for ideas created in the backend and not being able to vote on them
- Fixed tag link for custom permalink structure
- Pro update – when merging ideas it will check if the vote threshold has been reached
- Fixed comment link issue on author pages
- Now we provide a fallback user name if the first name is not set
- Improvement to author page in case of custom permalink structure
- Pro version fix for duplicate idea tool on the single idea page and archive page
- Fix to voter notifications not working
- Fix to notification not working caused by version 4.15
- New notification to send notification to idea author when their idea is published after being on hold
- Small bug fix when the home url was different to site url which can affect author links
- Small bug fix when showing related ideas thanks @jenshaizmann
- Tags are now sorted alphabetically in the board header drop down
- We now no longer store user ip addresses in usernames and instead use a counter system which is better practice
- Critical fix for issue caused by recent update in version 4.10
- Finally a fix for the issue which would create multiple boards unexpectedly
- Better encapsulation of board header text so you can hide it with css if necessary
- Pro feature – now admins and editors can mark an idea as a duplicate and merge it with another idea!
- More advanced tab memory
- Updated FAQ
- Pro feature – now there’s a JIRA integration!
- Prevents redeclaration of function in the shortcode header
- Fixed bug where if you created a tag in the backend and it had no ideas associated to the tag the tag would not show in tag suggestions
- Fix when putting custom HTML onto ideas from backend affecting the edit and delete buttons
- Minor bug fix for showing single idea to non-logged in user to remove PHP error message
- New setting to prevent user profile editing
- New filter hooks to modify the users name, link and image – please see FAQ for examples
- Fixed bug with translation of mobile button not working due to previous update
- Updated FAQ
- Fixed pro issue of leaderboard disappearing after idea created
- Pro feature – a new setting for each board which enables users to edit or delete their ideas from the frontend!
- Pro feature – now there’s leaderboards which show under the create idea form!
- Tries to get avatar image if it exists as a fallback
- Small bug fix when there are no files for an idea
- Fixed bug when just having 1 custom field
- Better support for other character types in idea content
- Fixed bug around custom forms for pro users
- Fixed bug with pro options checkbox saving
- Small bug fix for suggested tags if an idea had quotes in the title
- Now supports other file types for ideas like Word and PDF documents etc.
- Voting is now faster
- Now author pages (idea creator pages) have standard and proper looking idea layout instead of using default theme author layout
- Removal of debug info
- Now you show all statuses in the main idea listing!
- It is advised to check your “Statuses” settings tab in the plugin settings to ensure the settings are to your desire as new options have been added
- Significant cleaning up of query code which will make things easier in the future
- Bug fix for translation of fields affecting free users of the plugin
- Now shows login link for logged out users
- Now provides suitable error message when someone tries to create an idea on a different computer but uses the same email
- Nicer presentation of select items by adjusting the widths better
- Bug fixes with sharing URL’s with custom parameters
- Pro Improvement – significantly faster idea suggestions, and a new board setting to choose the scope of ideas to use for the idea suggestions!
- Pro Improvement – far faster tag suggestions!
- Pro bug fix – fix to multiple boards being created by the plugin when saving settings
- Pro bug fix – Radio field groups now act like radio field groups
- Major pro feature – You can now have multiple form field settings and assign them to each board, you can even add custom fields! For non-pro users the “Idea Form” tab on the plugin settings will take on a different form to allow for this pro feature. This can also be used for GDPR compliance.
- We now flush the rewrite rules when creating a new idea which means when new ideas are created the tag page is immidiately available – this should have done this a long time ago sorry…
- Great new PRO feature – On the board settings you can now set the tag scope to being either global or board! So now you can have tags that are only associated with the board or they can go into the global pool of all tags (which was how it was before). To learn more about this please see the new setting description at the bottom of the “Boards” tab on the plugin settings.
- Now you can create unique button text for the mobile button which displays to create a new idea – please see this in the plugin settings at the bottom of the the ‘Idea Form’ tab called ‘Submit Idea Button’.
- Now sort criteria is translatable via Poedit
- Now WPML compatible
- Pro feature – the introduction of challenges!
- Bug fix – now you can edit other users profile image from the backend
- Bug fix – issue with creating a new ideas from backend on behalf of guest users
- Small readme file update
- Bug fix for drag and drop image upload for profile picture edit
- In this version we have removed Google ReCaptcha protection and replaced it with our own protection method which should not only reduce spam submissions but increase loading speed and be significantly easier to implement for users. Please go to the plugin settings under the ‘Idea Form’ tab and enable the new option: ‘Enable Bot Protection’.
- styling improvements
- fixed issue with tag page when using pagination
- now you can update your user profile from the frontend with the new edit button beside the user image
- now you can upload a custom user image from your user profile settings (http://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin/profile.php) instead of using the WordPress gravatar which some people don’t understand how to update and it takes longer to update.
- minor styling bug fixes
- minor bug fix around display of list items where no ideas would show even though ideas existed under specific conditions
- minor bug fix around the amount of pages shown in the pagination
- more forced CSS styling
- pro feature – now integrate with MailChimp and send voters and idea creators to a list of your choice
- Made the create idea button on mobile view now inherit the translation in the plugin settings
- Now you can remove statuses: approved, declined, in progress and completed from the statuses tab in the plugin settings
- pro feature – now integrate IdeaPush with Zendesk
- Now ideaboards can be paginated! Please check out the new board setting for this
- Admin notice is now permanently dismissable
- Improvements to search
- New video which runs through the plugin features in the readme file
- fix for my voted filter not working due to previous update
- new homegrown tag system
- pro update – tag suggestion and the prevention of custom entered tags
- pro update – you can now see a new reports menu item and see the amount of ideas, upvotes and downvotes over time as well as this data for individual users over a given time period
- Now you can put a board into a container – please see faq for more details
- pro update – better handling of new idea created idea history item to support backend created ideas
- improved mobile appearance by reducing the create idea form to a revealable button
- You can now add custom CSS to the plugin via the design settings tab
- You can edit email content using a WYSIWYG editor
- You can now hide a board ideas from showing in the sitewide search by the board settings
- You can now only make a board accessible to a certain user role
- Pro update – you can now remove single idea pages from the pro options
- Image now shows in a popup as oppose to new page
- New archive template for tags
- Changes to CSS
- Improved UI of All Ideas admin page
- Fixed links to WordPress.org
- Pro feature – added idea history, internal notes, and ad hoc emails
- added specification for action hooks for other developers
- Added close button on search to clear input
- Re-organised code
- Improved security by sanitizing and validating inputs
- Initial launch of the plugin