FeedWrangler is a utility for creating and editing custom feeds.
|Author:||Ivan Kanevski (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.5|
|WordPress version tested:||3.0.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-05-2008|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||24 338|
Click to start download
Feed Wrangler is a simple plugin that allows one to create custom feeds for their WordPress blog. You can customize the structure of that feed by creating a corresponding file in your blog theme, otherwise the custom feed will default to your RSS2 feed.
Some possible use cases for the plugin:
- You want a custom URL to access a feed by (i.e. "/feed/misterspecialfeed" )
- You want some feeds to bypass Feedburner redirect.
- A sponsor asks you to place an ad in your feed
- You need a clean, ad-free feed to provide a partner (see Amazon Kindle), that doesn't go through FeedBurner or is customized in any way.
- You prefer adding and editing feeds in a way more analogous to Movable Type