Startup plugin code for new plugin, including the archetype of standard features, admin and core functions to be used in new plugins.
|Author:||nofearinc (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||08-02-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||3 396|
Click to start download
This is a fully-functional sample skeleton plugin for plugin developers.
It serves as a startup code providing reference and working codebase for:
- defining custom post types and taxonomies
- creating admin pages
- sample code of the Settings API implementation for admin pages
- registration of activate/deactivate hooks
- adding metaboxes on pages
- creating sample shortcode
- creating sample widget
- creating AJAX requests storing sample data in the database
- creating AJAX requests for fetching remote data with the HTTP API
- adding frontend styles/scripts the right way
- adding admin styles/scripts the right way
- defining common constants for further use
and more. Use it freely as your plugin startup snippet.
Take the code as is for test and learning or use it when creating plugins for a solid base. To be extended with widget and shortcode samples.
Is it compatible with latest WordPress?
Yes, it is, as well as with the latest PHP.
I’ve removed the ‘pass-by-reference’ call for all array( $this, … ) entries as it’s deprecated since 5.3.0. If you happen to use 5.2.4, you can replace all $this in arrays with &$this or better update PHP version.
- Widget update for PHP compatibility with 4.3
- Add custom fields to metaboxes
- Save custom fields
- Add page with AJAX options
- Introduce AJAX call for storing data to DB
- Introduce AJAX call to fetch title from remote HTTP resouce
- Fix small issues and prevent some unexpected activities
- Initial commit