Display Categories Widget to display on your sidebar, this will get the title and category id.
Can be placed on any sidebar.
|Author:||Suresh Baskaran (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||16-08-2012|
|Total downloads:||43 694|
|Active installs:||9 000+|
Click to start download
Display categories with number of posts inside them
On the backend widget configuration can be made like this
This is how the widget will appear on your screen, you can add design to the class
- Upload display-categories-widget folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to widgets page
- Drag and drop the widget where ever you need
- Choose the parent category to display the child categories in the front end
Will the plugin show parent category?
Yes its optional, if you need to make parent category visible you can enable from the widget
Is the category sorted?
The sorting order is ascending and it sorts on the name of the category
Exclude categories does not work?
Check if you have entered the category id’s and not the category names.
- Enable/disable display of category description
- Code formatting
- Removed Deprecated Constructor Method – Thanks https://github.com/frozzare
- Added sorting option by name, id, post count
- Ability to use more than 1 widget on same page with different parent categories
- Code formatting
- Bug fixes
- Added a label for dropdown non-selection case
- Removed deprecated WP_Widget
- Updated a widget screenshot
- Level of sub categories to be shown can be managed from widget settings
- Exclude categories that you dont want to show on the front end
- Added new screenshots
- Displaying the list of categories in columnwise (Optional)
- If nothing is selected then all categories will be displayed. Removal of deprecated functions
- Optional display for Dropdown or List view of categories
- Display Number of post in each categories
- Display Empty categories Option
- Display parent category show/hide option
- Limit the number of categories that is displayed
- Description Updated
- Initial release.