Customer Reviews for WooCommerce plugin helps you get more sales with social proof. Set up automated review reminders and increase conversion rate.
|Author:||ivole (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-04-2017|
|Total downloads:||15 621|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
A sample email with an invitation to review products.
The second settings page.
The third settings page.
The fourth settings page.
WooCommerce Orders page with manual reminders option enabled.
A sample review form generated by the plugin.
A sample email with a discount code.
The reviews summary bar.
Voting buttons for reviews.
A button to attach pictures to reviews.
reCAPTCHA field to prevent fake reviews.
A customer review with a picture.
The first settings page.
- Make sure that WooCommerce plugin is installed and activated. If it is not installed, install WooCommerce first because it is necessary for this plugin.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/pluginsdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the WooCommerce->Settings->Reviews screen to configure the plugin
I found a bug in the plugin. How to get it fixed?
Please create a new topic at the support forum and provide detailed information with a screenshot.
How to get Site Key and Secret Key for reCAPTCHA?
Please visit reCAPTCHA website and sign up for an account. Then, you will be able to get API key pair (Site Key and Secret Key) for your website. Copy these keys and paste into the settings of the plugin.
Will collected reviews be shown as stars in Google?
The standard WooCommerce functionality already includes structured data mark up to display your product reviews effectively within organic search results. This plugin extends the standard functionality and adds some extra mark up to help search engines properly crawl your shop. It is important to understand that having a valid structured data mark up in place makes your website eligible for organic stars in Google but it doesn’t guarantee that they will be shown. You can test the rich snippets using Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool.
How to customize template of the reviews on a single product page?
The plugin uses the standard reviews template provided by WooCommerce and enhances it with the reviews summary bar. If your theme requires a customized reviews template or you would like to use a customized reviews template for some other reason, it is possible to do so. Here is how to do it:
1) Create a folder ‘customer-reviews-woocommerce’ in your current theme’s folder.
2) Copy file ‘ivole-single-product-reviews.php’ from ‘templates’ subfolder in the plugin’s folder to the folder created at step 1.
3) Customize the file ‘ivole-single-product-reviews.php’ in the current theme’s folder according to your requirements.
- New translation: Bulgarian
- Modification: reCAPTCHA is shown below name and email fields for guests
- Bug fixes
- New feature: adjust size and optionally delete pictures uploaded by customers with their reviews. You can manipulate pictures in WordPress Media Library.
- New feature: the plugin will show replies to reviews when reviews are filtered by number of stars
- New feature: optionally limit number of review reminders sent per order to one
- New translation: Polish
- Bug fixes
- New feature: customize the maximum number of images uploaded per review
- New feature: customize the maximum size of an image uploaded with a review
- New feature: include tax in product prices on the aggregated review form according to the option “Display prices during cart and checkout” on “Tax” tab in WooCommerce settings
- Bug fixes: division by zero
- New translation: Estonian
- Extended translation of frontend user interface elements for existing languages
- Improvements in CSS
- New feature: support of custom templates (placed in the current theme’s folder) for reviews section on single product pages
- New feature: voting for reviews, let visitors vote for reviews left by your customers
- Bug fixes
- New translation: Russian
- New feature: let customers control their privacy by choosing how their names are shown next to reviews
- New feature: added structured data mark up for reviews with images (associatedMedia, contentUrl)
- New feature: option to remove plugin’s branding from the reviews summary bar on product pages (requires premium version)
- Important bug fixes
- Updated text domain
- New feature: customize shop name (previously, it was defaulted from WordPress Site Title)
- New translation: Indonesian
- New translation: Italian
- New translation: Romanian
- New feature: reviews summary bars for product pages
- New feature: if there are several variations of the same product in the order, the plugin will ask to review only the parent product
- New translation: Danish
- New translation: Serbian
- Bug fix: reCAPTCHA was required on admin pages when answering to reviews
- WordPress 4.9 compatibility
- New translation: Dutch
- New translation: Finnish
- New translation: Hungarian
- New translation: Slovenian
- Compatibility with W3 Total Cache plugin (DB caching)
- Additional check that Site Title is not empty when sending test emails
- New feature: modify “From” email address (requires premium version)
- New feature: modify “From” name (requires premium version)
- New feature: modify text in footer of emails (requires premium version)
- New feature: a dedicated tab for manually created coupons on the standard WooCommerce coupons page
- New translation: Czech
- New translation: French
- New translation: German
- New translation: Portuguese
- New translation: Spanish
- New feature: translate all parts of emails and review forms to your language
- New feature: option to make comments required when leaving a review
- Bug fix: number of stars wasn’t properly updated after receiving a comment
- Resolves the problem with submission of reviews on sites without pretty permalinks
- New feature: integration with “qTranslate X” plugin for multilingual shops
- New feature: manual sending of review reminders
- More detailed reporting of errors when sending test emails
- New feature: customize colors of emails
- Bug fixes
- New feature: upload multiple images with a review
- New feature: images attached to reviews are opened in a lightbox
- Major update – you must check settings and test sending of emails immediately after updating the plugin
- New feature: responsive template for emails with review reminders and discount coupons
- New feature: sending of emails with review reminders and discount coupons is performed by Amazon SES to increase deliverability
- New feature: a customer will be able to review all products from their order on a single page using a stylish and lightweight form that loads blazingly fast
- New feature: specify reply-to address for emails with review reminders and discount coupons
- New feature: enable moderation of reviews submitted by customers in response to reminders
- New feature: a custom shortcode to display reviews inside post, page or widget
- Several email variables were discontinued
- Bug fixes
- Added support for ALTERNATE_WP_CRON
- Bug fixes and improvements
- Improvements in sending emails for old WooCommerce versions
- Additional improvements in compatibility with old WooCommerce versions
- Improved compatibility with old WooCommerce versions
- Bug fixes
- Added review for discount feature – automatically generate and send coupons to customers who left a review
- Added possibility to attach pictures to reviews
- Added support of reCAPTCHA to prevent fake reviews
- Updated settings page
- Bug fixes
- Bug fixes
- Bug fix for a missing file
- Bug fix for the error when WooCommerce is not installed
- Initial release.