Admin UI for creating custom post types and custom taxonomies in WordPress
|Author:||WebDevStudios (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.7|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||26-02-2010|
|Total downloads:||4 100 956|
|Active installs:||600 000+|
Click to start download
Add new post type screen and tab.
Add new taxonomy screen and tab.
Registered post types and taxonomies from CPTUI
Import/Export Post Types screen.
Get Code screen.
Please see http://docs.pluginize.com/category/126-custom-post-type-ui
Please see http://codex.pluginize.com/cptui/
1.6.1 – 2018-12-03
- Fixed: Missed quote for “publicly_queryable” in taxonomy “get code” output.
- Fixed: Adjusted handling of capitalization on the word “false” when being used to disable a taxonomy metabox via the “metabox callback” setting. The word “false” needs to be all lowercase to disable.
- Updated: Added note about ability to pass “false” for the “metabox callback” setting to disable the metabox.
- Updated: Fall back to “custom-post-type-ui” textdomain in “get code” output if theme does not have their own.
- Updated: Make “Show In Rest” setting default to true taxonomies for sake of easier Gutenberg integration in the future. 1.6.0 had just post types doing this.
1.6.0 – 2018-10-22
- Added: Support for
- Added: Dynamically warn about existing slugs.
- Added: “delete_with_user” support for post types.
- Added: Filters for post type and taxonomy data right before saving of final data.
cptui_get_taxonomy_existsfunction to check if a provided taxonomy is registered.
- Added: Required PHP version to readme.txt
- Added: Filter on taxonomies to be listed as available for association with a post type.
- Added: Warning indicators to our “Slug changed” and “Slug exists” warnings for post types and taxonomies.
- Added: Support for “publicly_queryable” parameter for taxonomies.
- Added: Support for “rest_controller_class” parameters for both post types and taxonomies.
- Added: Some initial WP-CLI support for importing and exporting CPTUI settings.
name_admin_barsupport in post type labels.
- Added: Handling of array versions for “capability_type” field.
- Updated: Bump minimum WordPress version to 4.7.
- Updated: Pass the object_type array to
cptui_pre_register_taxonomyfilter as extra parameter.
- Updated: Adjusted preserved label handling to aid with plugin performance. Props alex-solovyev
- Updated: Utilize
wp_doing_ajax()function for our AJAX checks.
- Updated: Clarify what is exported with the Post Types and Taxonomies spots for the Tools section.
- Updated: Clarify that the listed post types to associate to a CPTUI taxonomy are public post types by default.
- Updated: Make “Show In Rest” setting default to true for sake of easier Gutenberg integration in the future.
- Fixed: Only register archive slug if has_archive is set to true.
- Fixed: Error occurred when attempting to unset post types while editing a taxonomy.
- Fixed: Prevent errors from non-existant callback functions during post type or taxonomy processing.
- Fixed: Incorrect use of reserved taxonomy slugs function in a check for reserved post types.
- Fixed: Make sure “No post type selected” alert trigger from both buttons on the taxonomy settings edit screen.
- Fixed: Add our stylesheet only on our CPTUI pages. Fixes responsive bug on post editor screen.
- Fixed: Removed duplicate “label” in taxonomy “get code” section.
1.5.8 – 2018-04-16
- Fixed: Corrected issue with “Get Code” area regarding post types and “show in menu” field values.
- Fixed: Add post_format taxonomy support for CPTUI post types that declare post formats support. This primarily addresses issues with previewing changes for existing post type posts with post_format support.
- Fixed: Add “show_in_nav_menus” settings/output to tools section.
- Fixed: “Undefined index” notices for show_in_rest and rest_base settings.
- Updated sidebar links for Pluginize products.
1.5.7 – 2018-03-07
- Added: “output” added to blacklisted taxonomy slug list.
- Fixed: Prevent potential fatal error with customized links in plugin list page.
- Updated: Text at top of help area and readme description to promote available layouts in CPTUI-Extended.
- Updated: Things have been tested on the latest WordPress. You’re in good hands.
1.5.6 – 2017-11-09
- Added: Added “custom_css”, “customize_changeset”, “author”, and “post_type” as reserved post_types.
- Fixed: The “Invalid JSON” error message was receiving the wrong color indicator for the admin notice.
1.5.5 – 2017-07-27
- Fixed: Prevent possible conflicts with .required css selector by prefixing ours.
- Fixed: Better accommodate possible labels with apostrophes, in relation to “Get code” functionality.
1.5.4 – 2017-06-22
- Fixed: Resolved saving issue around post types that matched existing page slugs.
- Fixed: Layout issues on about page.
1.5.3 – 2017-03-29
- Fixed: Removed ability to rename post type and taxonomy slugs to reserved slugs after initial saving.
- Updated: Updated existing and added new, fancier side graphics.
1.5.2 – 2017-2-1
- Fixed: Chrome conflicts around the js used to sanitize post type and taxonomy slugs and cursors moving to end of input.
- Fixed: Further hardened undefined index notices and instance checks in our cptui_not_new_install() callback.
- Updated: Help text for post type and taxonomy slugs around the use of dashes. See http://docs.pluginize.com/article/135-dashes-in-post-type-taxonomy-slugs-for-url-seo
- Added: Clarification text regarding what the “Get code” section is useful for.
1.5.1 – 2017-1-17
- Fixed: Undefined index notice during update process for themes or plugins.
- Fixed: Blacklisted the word “include” from allowed taxonomy slugs. Causes menus to not show in WP Admin.
- Fixed: Blacklisted the word “fields” from allowed post type slugs. Causes pages to not show in WP Admin.
- Updated: Replaced hardcoded “manage_options” reference in our menu setup with variable holding filtered capability.
1.5.0 – 2017-1-10
- Added: Helper functions to grab individual post types or taxonomies from CPTUI options, function to check for support for custom saved values.
- Added: Helper functions to mark and check if a new CPTUI install.
- Added: FAQ clarifying why post type/taxonomy slugs are forced to underscores. We mean well, I assure you.
- Added: Conversion from Cyrillic characters to latin equivalents.
- Fixed: Parameter handling for get_terms() to match WordPress 4.5.
- Fixed: Added “action” as a reserved taxonomy name.
- Fixed: PHP Notices for rewrite array index, present since version 1.0.6
- Fixed: Prevent triggering post type/taxonomy slug convert when navigating screen via tab key.
- Fixed: Provide empty quote indicator in Registered Post Types and Taxonomies screen for empty values.
- Fixed: Post types and taxonomies no longer need extra page refresh to be registered after an import.
- Updated: Further evolved Registered Post Types and Taxonomies screen to better match list table styles.
- Updated: Bumped minimum required WordPress version to 4.6.
- Updated: Clarified what checking a checkbox does in regards to “Supports” area of post type settings.
- Updated: Changed appropriate help/support links to docs.pluginize.com.
- Updated: Added filter to tab collection for the tools section. You can now add your own tabs.