Admin UI for creating custom post types and custom taxonomies in WordPress
|Author:||WebDevStudios (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.6|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||26-02-2010|
|Total downloads:||3 774 494|
|Active installs:||600 000+|
Click to start download
Add new post type screen and tab.
Add new taxonomy screen and tab.
Registered post types and taxonomies from CPTUI
Import/Export Post Types screen.
Get Code screen.
Admin Installer via search
- Visit the Add New plugin screen and search for “custom post type ui”.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to the “CPTUI” Menu.
Admin Installer via zip
- Visit the Add New plugin screen and click the “Upload Plugin” button.
- Click the “Browse…” button and select zip file from your computer.
- Click “Install Now” button.
- Once done uploading, activate Custom Post Type UI.
- Upload the Custom Post Type UI folder to the plugins directory in your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to the “CPTUI” Menu.
That’s it! Now you can easily start creating custom post types and taxonomies in WordPress.
Please see http://docs.pluginize.com/category/126-custom-post-type-ui
Please see http://codex.pluginize.com/cptui/
1.5.8 – 2018-04-16
- Fixed: Corrected issue with “Get Code” area regarding post types and “show in menu” field values.
- Fixed: Add post_format taxonomy support for CPTUI post types that declare post formats support. This primarily addresses issues with previewing changes for existing post type posts with post_format support.
- Fixed: Add “show_in_nav_menus” settings/output to tools section.
- Fixed: “Undefined index” notices for show_in_rest and rest_base settings.
- Updated sidebar links for Pluginize products.
1.5.7 – 2018-03-07
- Added: “output” added to blacklisted taxonomy slug list.
- Fixed: Prevent potential fatal error with customized links in plugin list page.
- Updated: Text at top of help area and readme description to promote available layouts in CPTUI-Extended.
- Updated: Things have been tested on the latest WordPress. You’re in good hands.
1.5.6 – 2017-11-09
- Added: Added “custom_css”, “customize_changeset”, “author”, and “post_type” as reserved post_types.
- Fixed: The “Invalid JSON” error message was receiving the wrong color indicator for the admin notice.
1.5.5 – 2017-07-27
- Fixed: Prevent possible conflicts with .required css selector by prefixing ours.
- Fixed: Better accommodate possible labels with apostrophes, in relation to “Get code” functionality.
1.5.4 – 2017-06-22
- Fixed: Resolved saving issue around post types tha matched existing page slugs.
- Fixed: Layout issues on about page.
1.5.3 – 2017-03-29
- Fixed: Removed ability to rename post type and taxonomy slugs to reserved slugs after initial saving.
- Updated: Updated existing and added new, fancier side graphics.
1.5.2 – 2017-2-1
- Fixed: Chrome conflicts around the js used to sanitize post type and taxonomy slugs and cursors moving to end of input.
- Fixed: Further hardened undefined index notices and instance checks in our cptui_not_new_install() callback.
- Updated: Help text for post type and taxonomy slugs around the use of dashes. See http://docs.pluginize.com/article/135-dashes-in-post-type-taxonomy-slugs-for-url-seo
- Added: Clarification text regarding what the “Get code” section is useful for.
1.5.1 – 2017-1-17
- Fixed: Undefined index notice during update process for themes or plugins.
- Fixed: Blacklisted the word “include” from allowed taxonomy slugs. Causes menus to not show in WP Admin.
- Fixed: Blacklisted the word “fields” from allowed post type slugs. Causes pages to not show in WP Admin.
- Updated: Replaced hardcoded “manage_options” reference in our menu setup with variable holding filtered capability.
1.5.0 – 2017-1-10
- Added: Helper functions to grab individual post types or taxonomies from CPTUI options, function to check for support for custom saved values.
- Added: Helper functions to mark and check if a new CPTUI install.
- Added: FAQ clarifying why post type/taxonomy slugs are forced to underscores. We mean well, I assure you.
- Added: Conversion from Cyrillic characters to latin equivalents.
- Fixed: Parameter handling for get_terms() to match WordPress 4.5.
- Fixed: Added “action” as a reserved taxonomy name.
- Fixed: PHP Notices for rewrite array index, present since version 1.0.6
- Fixed: Prevent triggering post type/taxonomy slug convert when navigating screen via tab key.
- Fixed: Provide empty quote indicator in Registered Post Types and Taxonomies screen for empty values.
- Fixed: Post types and taxonomies no longer need extra page refresh to be registered after an import.
- Updated: Further evolved Registered Post Types and Taxonomies screen to better match list table styles.
- Updated: Bumped minimum required WordPress version to 4.6.
- Updated: Clarified what checking a checkbox does in regards to “Supports” area of post type settings.
- Updated: Changed appropriate help/support links to docs.pluginize.com.
- Updated: Added filter to tab collection for the tools section. You can now add your own tabs.
1.4.3 – 2016-10-17
- Fixed: issue with post types and taxonomies trying to be converted before registration. Prevented full success of process.
- Fixed: Prevent trying to convert taxonomy terms if no terms exist. Taxonomy will still be deleted from CPTUI list.
- Fixed: Prevent trying to redirect on activation if being network-activated.
1.4.2 – 2016-10-03
- Fixed: Responsiveness of sections and “ad” space when creating post types or taxonomies on smaller screens. Props @thecxguy
1.4.1 – 2016-8-25
- Fixed: issue with default values for new parameters regarding menu/nav menu display for taxonomies.
- Fixed: typo in support area.
1.4.0 – 2016-8-22
- Added: “Export” tab on editor screens for quick access to post type or taxonomy export pages.
- Added: CPTUI notices are now dismissable via a button on the right side.
- Added: “Get code” link to registered post types and registered taxonomies listings.
- Added: More amending of incorrect characters in post type and taxonomy slugs. Latin standard alphabet only. Sorry.
- Added: New post type template stack reference from recent WordPress versions.
- Added: Side warning notification if post type or taxonomy slug has been edited.
- Added: Display About page upon activation of plugin.
- Added: Link below ads regarding getting them removed via purchase of CPTUI Extended.
- Added: No need to refresh page after initial save to see post types and taxonomies in menu.
- Added: Taxonomy support for show_in_menu and show_in_nav_menus.
- Fixed: Further improved labels for information text on inputs.
- Fixed: Hide “choose icon” button for non-js users.
- Fixed: Issue with misused “parent” label key that should be parent_item_colon.
- Fixed: Missed show_in_menu_string parameter for “get code” area.
- Fixed: Make sure taxonomies have required post type associated.
- Fixed: “Edit” links in listings area now account for network-admin when needed, with CPTUI Extended.
- Updated: Switch to dedicated dashicon for color consistency between applied admin color schemes.
- Updated: Updated about page.
- Updated: Further UI refinements to better match WordPress admin. Adapted styles found from metaboxes, including collapse/expand toggles.